• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Tuesday 26th January | KO:20:15 | BT Sport (Maybe)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta will be exposed again if Tierney doesn't play.

Well at least Arteta has seen the sense in playing Cedric ahead of AMN. With ESR playing, Laca in place of Nketiah, Saka & Partey from the start, we will still be a better side than our Sat line up. Saints on the other hand will be weaker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta will need new ideas can't keep depending on Tierney yes he extra player that help going forward creating but need our front 4 get going without him

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I'd play bellerin and Cedric as fullbacks can't go with Saka as LB he very important in our game creating chances

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd play bellerin and Cedric as fullbacks can't go with Saka as LB he very important in our game creating chances

But Tierney is very important to create chances too. Cedric is nowhere near Tierney level on the left, or the right even. It was horrible in the last matches when he or AMN was there.

Saka is the one who can replace Tierney on the left. We just have to play Pepe on the right, he can be good enough.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Having played a game more. Have you watched us the last 4 years? There’s zero consistency to this team. Another **** month is always near by... so I can say with confidence there’s no chance. We needed to be on 34 points now for me to have hope.

There's almost zero consistency to most teams in the league this year, its a one off season. We can still get top 4, its a big ask but completely doable.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
But Tierney is very important to create chances too. Cedric is nowhere near Tierney level on the left, or the right even.

Saka is the one who can replace Tierney on the left. We just have to play Pepe on the right, he can be good enough.
I agree but saka give us too much as RW him as LB he won't be affective enough

drippin

I agree but saka give us too much as RW him as LB he won't be affective enough

Both situations are not good. Hard to say which is worse.

Now that Auba is not in the squad, we might have to go with Saka on the right.

Too bad Ødegaard is not ready yet.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
People. We all know Willian is starting. You can either mentally prepare yourselves for it now or cry some salty tears when the team is announced later on.

You decide.
With Martinelli Pepe ESR available his place will be bench only thankfully.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Even though odds are stacked against us given Auba and Tierney both being out of this one, I fancy us to get a result here

drippin

Leno
Bellerin-Luiz-Gabriel-Cedric
Partey-Xhaka
Saka-ESR-Martinelli
Laca

And Pepe one option instead of Martinelli or Cedric, depending on many things.

AMN could get another chance too instead of Cedric. He has performed earlier at LB, last game was horrible though with no match sharpness.

I want Arteta to be dynamic today and go with five at the back or rather 3 CBs. Every top manager does this when their hand is tied.
I'd go:
Leno
Holding.............Luiz...................Gabriel

Bellerine...........Partey..........ESR............ AMN

Saka..............Laca.............Martinelli​

drippin

I want Arteta to be dynamic today and go with five at the back or rather 3 CBs. Every top manager does this when their hand is tied.
I'd go:
Leno
Holding.............Luiz...................Gabriel

Bellerine...........Partey..........ESR............ AMN

Saka..............Laca.............Martinelli​

I'd say Holding could do with a rest, and be fresh against United. He has played a lot of 90 minute games, and had the bad injury.

Of course not sure if Gabriel can handle playing two 90 minutes in a row already.

But then there is the problem of Xhaka needing rest, but Ceballos is ready soon. So I'd rather risk Xhaka (who can be substituted to Elneny if we lead later), and not play 3 CB's now.

Not sure it's wise to switch back to back three, as 4 atb has worked pretty well now.

billyf

The performance of our fullbacks is going to be critical in this. Our midfielders and attackers had a hard time trying to stretch their defence, so their overlapping runs and crosses will be vital if implemented properly.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We lost to these bastards in our pomp with Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, Campbell, Cole & Seaman leading the team.

What hope do we have with some of the last-chancers lining up for us?

St. Mary's has already supplanted Old Trafford as the new Mordor :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Tierney is out and we want to play the same formation, then Saka needs to play left to give us width on that side. Push Bellerin high an wide and let Pepe move infield and do Sakas role. We retain the drive from the left and ESR still plays central.

Cedric and Martinelli will mean Martinelli plays wide left and cant come infield as Cedric canr overlap. AMN at left back is also the same thing.

As much as it pains people.

Martnelli-------Laca--------Pepe

--------------------ESR

------------Xhaka-------Partey

Saka-----Luiz-------Holding----Cedric

---------------------Leno

Saka is the only player who can replicate Tierney and Pepe is the closest thing to Saka. W need to get away from just playing people in positions and expecting it to work.

No RB at lb please. Only play Martinelli at lw if Saka plays behind him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We lost to these bastards in our pomp with Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, Campbell, Cole & Seaman leading the team.

What hope do we have with some of the last-chancers lining up for us?

St. Mary's has already supplanted Old Trafford as the new Mordor :lol:

We literally beat them at St Mary's last season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom