• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | Tuesday 26th January | KO:20:15 | BT Sport (Maybe)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

em9999

My rainbows
I'm against having a weak to average bench it gives the first 11 more drive to get us into a winning position ..

Or am I crazy

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
CM were very reserved today. Not as many touches it seemed. On the backfoot.

Saka player well. Cedric played better as the game progressed. Pepe made plays and had Cedric behind him. ESR earned everything he got.

In the euphoria of victory, we still need realistic assessments of performance. It was midtable. Next week we’ll need to be a top of table performance. Hopefully Auba is back and Party and ESR are more involved in the game plan. Bellerin should sit if Tierney is well.

That was far from a mid table performance. Completely outdone one of the leagues top performing overachieving teams away.

bergholt

Feels like we have a clear first choice back four:

Cedric Holding Mari Tierney

I don't think that lineup has ever played together?

Legend14

Established Member
That was far from a mid table performance. Completely outdone one of the leagues top performing overachieving teams away.
So many things wrong with our performance today, but all is well because we won. This is my reaction from seeing the match once. Much to improve.

For example, not many comments on the useless crosses today because we scored.

Not many comments on Bellerin, but he deflated our performance. We won, so I guess he played well?

GLITCH

Bellerin and Luiz were the sore spots this game. Luiz is just a dreadful defender, been saying it for years. Bellerin fragile in defense because he has no pace left, not that bad in possession though.
Both could potentially be gone in the summer, God willing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So many things wrong with our performance today, but all is well because we won. This is my reaction from seeing the match once. Much to improve.

For example, not many comments on the useless crosses today because we scored.

Not many comments on Bellerin, but he deflated our performance. We won, so I guess he played well?

I dont remember us crossing the ball much at all to be honest.

Bellerin did his usual, he wasn't great, thats standard Bellerin everyone should be used to that. It can't be helped, hes our best right back after Cedric. And of course Cedric had to start left back.

Not sure how you're coming to the conclusion that there was so many things wrong. We pressed well as a team, we caught Southampton completely unaware which was down to the tactics employed.

Partey back? Huge positive. Pepe performing well on the left? Huge positive. Lacazette knitting things together and running his socks off? Positive. Coherent attacking play creating plenty of chances to score? Positive. Danny Ings not even getting a sniff at goal? Positive. Cedric joint man of the match despite being out of position. Positive. Holdings positional play and leadership qualities at the back. Positive. Xhakas performance, positive. Saka and ESR per usual absolutely tremendous.

Only negatives were Luiz and to some extent Bellerin.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only 2 goals conceded in 6 games is something rare when it come to Arsenal it's so much improved this season even tho we looked bit shaky today. also not to mention we been poverty scoring goals but last 6 games 14 goals scored that really nice turnaround from a struggling team took long but at least now we back on track.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Such interesting test against Utd a much improved team scoring goals for fun settled for a best still even if they are 2nd there not much between 2 sides.

Legend14

Established Member
I dont remember us crossing the ball much at all to be honest.

Bellerin did his usual, he wasn't great, thats standard Bellerin everyone should be used to that. It can't be helped, hes our best right back after Cedric. And of course Cedric had to start left back.

Not sure how you're coming to the conclusion that there was so many things wrong. We pressed well as a team, we caught Southampton completely unaware which was down to the tactics employed.

Partey back? Huge positive. Pepe performing well on the left? Huge positive. Lacazette knitting things together and running his socks off? Positive. Coherent attacking play creating plenty of chances to score? Positive. Danny Ings not even getting a sniff at goal? Positive. Cedric joint man of the match despite being out of position. Positive. Holdings positional play and leadership qualities at the back. Positive. Xhakas performance, positive. Saka and ESR per usual absolutely tremendous.

Only negatives were Luiz and to some extent Bellerin.
Well, this is because you are strictly looking for positives, with a telescope and rosy glasses. Which is better than the opposite. I comment on what I see, positive or negative, win or lose.

Our press was asynchronous. I recall thinking this during the game. This was least involved game from Partey. Our defense was a bit porous. Our keeper was good, again. ESR limped off. Partey limped off. We don’t know when to rest and when to attack. We spent too much time serving crosses. We counter attacked well with Saka. Good effort and energy by most players. Saka carried us. All in all, average game but a good victory.

If we play the same next game, we will suffer. I just don’t think we will play the same. Tierney will be back. Cedric will replace Bellerin. Auba will be back and ManU do not have anyone in the center who can Man-up with a healthy Partey who will be motivated to shut them down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom