• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 13/05/17 | Sky Sports | 5:30pm K/O (BST)

Match result?

• Stoke win

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Stoke-vs-Arsenal-.jpg

So, one of the biggest games of the season. We head to a venue where we've not exactly had the best of times. A win here heaps the pressure on Liverpool, who have a tricky game away to West Ham. We've beaten Mourinho in the league for the first time, we've beaten Saints away, time to make it a hat-trick.

Team News
Santi Cazorla out- Achilles
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out- Hamstring​
Laurent Koscielny 50/50- Calf
Things are looking good on the injury front, sadly Ox will likely miss this game due to a hamstring injury. Hopefully Kos will be back fit, he narrowly missed out on playing S'ton due to failing a late fitness test.

Possible Lineup
Cech
Mustafi Kos Holding
Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Nacho
Alexis Özil
Welbeck​

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Coquelin, Perez, Walcott, Giroud.

Prediction
Going for another 2-0 to us. The lads are playing with confidence and this new system gives us much needed solidarity. #COYG!!​

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Tbh it was a beautiful open post, unrivalled right up until you used that fecking Wengerism "solidarity":lol:

No honestly I'm sitting on the fence on this, two top quality matchday OPs on the bounce if I'm honest,,, and I'm a *****.:p

:lol: American Gooner's embedded tweets were a nice touch, would've been morally wrong to steal them.

I'd love to see Perez start this game. Feisty character, could come in handy against the orcs. Plus, he's better than Welbeck.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Stoke are in a terrible run of form. We should be winning this really, no excuses.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would like to see the following team:
GK: Cech
RCB: Mustafi
CB: Kos
LCB: Roberto Holdini
RWB: Gibbs
CM: Swiss Pirlo
CM: Ramsey
LWB: Nacho
ACM: Özil
ACM: Alexis
CF: Welbeck

mm76

Yer Da
we've grubbed our way through two sub-standard games but are unlikely to beat Stoke at Mordor

if we do it will be because it matters more that we win than Stoke do - the Stoke players won't want to be hobbling around the beach on crutches

but we need to make some changes, rest some players and play a less hit-and-miss line-up so i'd swap out Özil, Welbeck and Ramsey for Iwobi, Perez, and El Neny

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Oh dear...

Care to elaborate? If you're suggesting we're much the same then you might want to go and look at the form table. Granted we're not spanking teams 3 or 4 nil but we're getting the results and that's all that matters at this stage. They've won once in the last 9 games.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No need to worry here. Our squad cost trumps theirs. I.e. We win, easily.

No need to even motivate the players, set up a good formation or even react to anything in the game. As long as we lob on our most overpriced players we'll win.

Ewarwoowar

:lol: American Gooner's embedded tweets were a nice touch, would've been morally wrong to steal them.
If I'm honest I noted that difference from AG, but I'm not easily seduced by extravagant gestures,,, much.

I'd love to see Perez start this game. Feisty character, could come in handy against the orcs. Plus, he's better than Welbeck.

Yes He has feisty over Welbeck,, also has a better cross, better eye for a pass, better footballing brain, better feet in the box, sharper at the 1-2s but Welbeck has more power, more pace, a great engine, I believe is better in the defensive press and We'll be p*****g in snow in the bowels of hell before Wenger heeds the pleas to play him(Perez) in a PL game.

Injurys will force Wengers hand into playing him, for sure!

mm76

Yer Da
If I'm honest I noted that difference from AG, but I'm not easily seduced by extravagant gestures,,, much.

Yes He has feisty over Welbeck,, also has a better cross, better eye for a pass, better footballing brain, better feet in the box, sharper at the 1-2s but Welbeck has more power, more pace, a great engine, I believe is better in the defensive press and We'll be p*****g in snow in the bowels of hell before Wenger heeds the pleas to play him in a PL game.

Injurys will force Wengers hand into playing him, for sure!

if only i could believe that - it's got the point where i think he'd put Ospina up front ahead of Perez :rolleyes:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
This has the making of a pretty poor evening to be honest - Stoke are in a poor run of form, we're playing them away from home in our bogey ground, the team is under pressure to win, since Liverpool won't play until Sunday (which is a joke btw).

Ewarwoowar

if only i could believe that - it's got the point where i think he'd put Ospina up front ahead of Perez :rolleyes:
I almost got whiplash nodding in agreement then had to shake that image out of my head of Ospina and his theatrics and how entertaining that would be,, He as an outfield player:eek::lol:

mm76

Yer Da
since Liverpool won't play until Sunday (which is a joke btw).

well it's a symptom of their not being successful in cups and not having European football

which is why i'm still annoyed we couldn't even make a decent job of being rubbish and finish outside the Europe places - we'd have had a clear run at the title next year that way, hopefully with a new manager - nothing would've stopped us ;):lol:

Ewarwoowar

Care to elaborate? If you're suggesting we're much the same then you might want to go and look at the form table. Granted we're not spanking teams 3 or 4 nil but we're getting the results and that's all that matters at this stage. They've won once in the last 9 games.

I think it is sarcasm, not at you but the fact it is a bogey ground and Stokes's bad form is not always a measure of how things are likely to turn out with us involved!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Poor run of form by stoke, we having to win it and with the pressure of Pool only playing on Sunday, yeah, tough cookie.

All the ingredients for a disappointing game...

Will there be Wenger masks this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom