• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Tottenham 3 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 12th May | KO: BST 19:45 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest NLD in a very long time is finally upon us and I’m sure everyone is super pumped to bury these shadow chasers, once and for all.

This battle for 4th has just reminded me how much of a galaxy brain that fanbase has when they come up with these sorts of statements:

I pray that the players are as up for this as we all are and hopefully these are the scenes at full time:

Swansea-v-Chelsea.jpg

nationalherald%2F2018-06%2Ffd1d179b-bea6-440d-84a7-45c0fea278b0%2Feaec15bf_3826_44dc_9db2_893ff4a780ff.jpg

🔴⚪🔴⚪

Legooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
"ahhhhhhh this is exactly what you should be doing, refereeing should be consistent across the board. Also going by Tierney's previous he has a massive hard on for Sp**s."

Yes, it should be. But trying to say "well this referee shouldn't give this, because that referee didn't give that", is absolute nonsense.

Referees can only adjudicate on what they see, in the game they are reffing, at the time they are reffing. And, as much of an Arsenal fan as I am, if I seen Cedric do what he did, in a game I reffed, I'd have given the exact same thing as Tierney did. Son was fouled, and Cedric made no attempt to win the ball himself. Cut and dried.

He was an idiot. And yes, even Neville said he would do that as a full back, but Cedric wasn't smart enough to mask it. So he can't have any complaint when the ref gave the penalty against him.

Watch the video attached... and you'll see it.. and what Neville says about it.. (18-22 secs on video)

As for the Holding incident, one of the TV views of the incident was the best, the one coming directly behind the players towards the Arsenal goal which was the best one, but even on the highlights shown here, both of them show clearly Holding swinging his elbow, after he had first made contact with the shoulder. In fact, he dipped the shoulder into Son's face, and would likely have gotten away with it, if he didn't fling the elbow out afterwards.

And worse, Tierney was not ten yards away, looking directly at the tangle.. he saw exactly what happened. (58 to 61 secs)

You can call the ref a **** all you want.. but both Cedric and Holding were complete bampots for doing what they did, and where they did it

And yeah.. I unfortunately watched the game.. ruined a good Thursday night.. but no point in blaming anyone else for the defeat bar the stupidity of a few players and to an extent the tactical naivety of Arteta

If every single ref gives or doesnt give something but Arsenal end up being the outlier on a consistent basis thats showing a clear bias.

Neville fkin Gary Neville lol, was it keown who was having a go at him today for his abd commentary. Mark Clattenburg was even saying he wouldnt have given the peno.

But hey you cant even tell the difference between an elbow and a shoulder so idk why the fk youd not be a joke.

rockofcashel

Bet Merse wasn't watching the game either..

‘It was a stonewall sending off. Just bad decision-making by the manager. You come on to Tottenham at your peril. Manchester City did it, and Sp**s did the double over them! Arteta lost the plot.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/13/arse...slams-mikel-arteta-after-Sp**s-loss-16639433/

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
"ahhhhhhh this is exactly what you should be doing, refereeing should be consistent across the board. Also going by Tierney's previous he has a massive hard on for Sp**s."

Yes, it should be. But trying to say "well this referee shouldn't give this, because that referee didn't give that", is absolute nonsense.

Referees can only adjudicate on what they see, in the game they are reffing, at the time they are reffing. And, as much of an Arsenal fan as I am, if I seen Cedric do what he did, in a game I reffed, I'd have given the exact same thing as Tierney did. Son was fouled, and Cedric made no attempt to win the ball himself. Cut and dried.

He was an idiot. And yes, even Neville said he would do that as a full back, but Cedric wasn't smart enough to mask it. So he can't have any complaint when the ref gave the penalty against him.

Watch the video attached... and you'll see it.. and what Neville says about it.. (18-22 secs on video)

As for the Holding incident, one of the TV views of the incident was the best, the one coming directly behind the players towards the Arsenal goal which was the best one, but even on the highlights shown here, both of them show clearly Holding swinging his elbow, after he had first made contact with the shoulder. In fact, he dipped the shoulder into Son's face, and would likely have gotten away with it, if he didn't fling the elbow out afterwards.

And worse, Tierney was not ten yards away, looking directly at the tangle.. he saw exactly what happened. (58 to 61 secs)

You can call the ref a **** all you want.. but both Cedric and Holding were complete bampots for doing what they did, and where they did it

And yeah.. I unfortunately watched the game.. ruined a good Thursday night.. but no point in blaming anyone else for the defeat bar the stupidity of a few players and to an extent the tactical naivety of Arteta

What about the free kick before the corner, for the 2nd goal.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Funny because a few months ago he picked the atmosphere at Brentford on the opening day of the season as one of his best moments of 2021.

The way Neville has been sucking Sp**s off this past week has really done my head in. It’s like he’s so desperate for his Arsenal prediction of finishing outside the top four to be true, he doesn’t care who finishes there- so long as it isn’t us.

**** him anyway the Manc donut. He’s got bigger issues. Ten Hag will have to perform miracles to even get Yanited challenging for top four again. Their team is a ****ing mess.

Everybody already attacked Holding but WTF was he really thinking? Son is a world class player and he exactly knew how to get Holding off the pitch. such an amateur. Holding belongs to the bench average at best.

11 VS 11 we were quite even tbf, but Sp**s got everything in their way even the penalty was so soft.

I also have no clue why Arteta decided to put Cedric on the pitch again he is completely out of his depth. just play Tavares.

I pray to god we wont crumble but i fear we will.
Should have gone 5 atb. He just needed to grind out a draw! Why he didn't try I cannot fathom.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yes since i follow Arsenal specially nowadays with social media there some wierd love with Sp**s. I can understand with Liverpool and manutd 1st 2nd most successful clubs but Sp**s 😂.

It does boggle the mind, to be honest :lol: But, I genuinely couldn't give a **** about the media loving us.

I'd actually prefer that they hate us because that means we're on the up & doing something right.

I long for the days when Arsenal were hated as that coincided with the period when we were the greatest team in the land. Hopefully, with a few smart recruitments, a malleable board & a proper manager (No Tets need apply), we'll get back there.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
If Son was an Arsenal player and he elbowed someone like that at 11 minutes… he’d be off the pitch.

The soft penalty one sided a match that was always going to be close. No doubt we need better players, but **** runs deeper.
I'm with you, but by the same token, world class players get those [non-]calls, and we don't have any.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Bet Merse wasn't watching the game either..

‘It was a stonewall sending off. Just bad decision-making by the manager. You come on to Tottenham at your peril. Manchester City did it, and Sp**s did the double over them! Arteta lost the plot.

That it was a stonewall sending off is absolutely the truth, other teams getting away with similar elbows doesn't change it. Arteta clearly ordered Holding to be more aggressive and dirty cause that is not how Holding usually plays. And we paid the price for that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom