• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Tottenham 3 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 12th May | KO: BST 19:45 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest NLD in a very long time is finally upon us and I’m sure everyone is super pumped to bury these shadow chasers, once and for all.

This battle for 4th has just reminded me how much of a galaxy brain that fanbase has when they come up with these sorts of statements:

I pray that the players are as up for this as we all are and hopefully these are the scenes at full time:

Swansea-v-Chelsea.jpg

nationalherald%2F2018-06%2Ffd1d179b-bea6-440d-84a7-45c0fea278b0%2Feaec15bf_3826_44dc_9db2_893ff4a780ff.jpg

🔴⚪🔴⚪

Legooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeVinna

Established Member
Didn’t watch the second half. Refereeing was dreadful. Even if we had 11 on pitch the entire match the ref would’ve ruined the match in another way. That pen was just ridiculous for me.

Let’s hope for a proper response vs Newcastle because this hurts.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The refereeing was abysmal and that is one of the softest penalties I have ever seen but this one is on Mikel. It was absolutely crazy to play such a high line and play into Sp**s hands when we had no need to stretch ourselves for a victory.

Holding was stupid and the occasion got to him but him playing high against Son was a disaster waiting to happen, again that is partly on Mikel for setting him up to fail.

Anyway we have done some good work the last few weeks and it is still in our hands. Two big performances against Newcastle and Everton and however much it hurts this morning it will be irrelevant.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
As usual after these things there is a conspiracy therory doing the rounds that for the penalty Tierney originally blew for a handball - no VAR was very very strange. It was a really peculiar penalty.

My main beef with Holding is that he got elbowed in the face by Son and didn’t make anything of it. Son showed him how it’s professionally done a few minutes later. Doubt we would have got anything anyway.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Normally Tomi wouldn't be able to attack much on the right side. When Tomi plays on the left, he does nothing but defend. We see Tomi played well with Leeds on the left, but we forgot we played with 10 men. And Sp**s is something else.
At that time, Emerson and Kulu's job was too simple, just attack. On the opposite side, Cedric's so bad at defence.
The first 10 minutes, we play with 4-3-3. But after this 10 minutes, i see we play with 5-3-1. On the left, Gabi stays too deep, and Tomi was in the box with Gabriel.

Ref got the decision right sadly by the book, but in a derby a ref needs to manage it a bit better than other games, our naivety was frustrating, Son goes down so easily for both decisions, if Holding does the same with his elbow earlier then I think he's off, but because he brushed it off nothing is done

We can blame the ref, but we've only really got ourselves to blame, we gave him decisions to make, and although I was wanting Holding to rile Son up, Holding went too far and he was already let off a couple of needless challenges before his first yellow

I don't blame Arteta, the players let themselves down, played the occasion and not the game, they wanted it as much as we did, but sadly Cedric and Holding aren't to the level to deal with these big big matches

Big job to galvanise and use this as fuel for the last two games, I hope Arteta's press conference is a tactic and they are trying to get a feeling of us against the world, only downside to that is if we feel sorry for ourselves, we need it to bring out the best in us and go at Newcastle from the first minute on Monday

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Conte is a one dimensional manager, only has one way to play and does it well. Still pissed of at how easy we made the game for them. It reeks of Pep like arrogance. Not even Wenger would go to a big game like this with three key players missing and no CF with a pragmatic mindset.

I'm so annoyed, but can't say I didn't see it coming.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

After today's days game I went back to see how we ranked in red cards per season. Since the 2010/11 season there was just one season where we were not been among the 10 top teams for most red cards and only two where we have not been in the top 6. We have been top of the league 3 times in that period... Try to make sense of that without thinking it is bias against Arsenal. :mad:
Posted this in a different thread. Someone explain this to me? It's under Wenger, Emery and Arteta. Totally different players, yet it continues. And we are not a team that plays tough or chases games, yet for some reason year in and year out we get a lot of red cards. It is at best a bias among the referees against us.

And please, please stop looking at the individual decisions as standalone incidents where the referee decisions can be "justified". The penalty was soft, Holding's cards were soft. Son gets away with an elbow etc. We are in this discussion so often. We are refereed against. It is that plain and simple.

Tom Mix

Posted this in a different thread. Someone explain this to me? It's under Wenger, Emery and Arteta. Totally different players, yet it continues. And we are not a team that plays tough or chases games, yet for some reason year in and year out we get a lot of red cards. It is at best a bias among the referees against us.

And please, please stop looking at the individual decisions as standalone incidents where the referee decisions can be "justified". The penalty was soft, Holding's cards were soft. Son gets away with an elbow etc. We are in this discussion so often. We are refereed against. It is that plain and simple.
You are spot on. We haven't complained enough or in the right way or to the right people. When even retired refs are chipping in on the outrages against us you know it's time to prepare a dossier and a formal complaint.

Tierney, the referee, is for me the worst of a very bad crop. He makes even moss decent by comparison.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

I think a lot of the time refs are 50/50 with certain decisions, but with Arsenal it seems they just go with the east option as we have a reputation so they know they might not get scrutinised as much.

It’s the Xhaka affect except in a bigger way.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This is the frustrating thing, we were handling them well but threw away the game with errors building on top of one another. We have to stop doing this
Yeah the Pen was supersoft imho.
NO WAY it would have been given at the other end.

Out of the 2 CBs Gabriel would be the one i would usually be worried about losing his cool but Holding totally lost his sh!t :red::(

He is meant to be one of our more experienced level headed players.
Son & the game got to him.

We missed Ben White

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think a lot of the time refs are 50/50 with certain decisions, but with Arsenal it seems they just go with the east option as we have a reputation so they know they might not get scrutinised as much.

It’s the Xhaka affect except in a bigger way.
Like I wrote, is an anti-Arsenal bias at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom