• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Tottenham 3 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 12th May | KO: BST 19:45 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest NLD in a very long time is finally upon us and I’m sure everyone is super pumped to bury these shadow chasers, once and for all.

This battle for 4th has just reminded me how much of a galaxy brain that fanbase has when they come up with these sorts of statements:

I pray that the players are as up for this as we all are and hopefully these are the scenes at full time:

Swansea-v-Chelsea.jpg

nationalherald%2F2018-06%2Ffd1d179b-bea6-440d-84a7-45c0fea278b0%2Feaec15bf_3826_44dc_9db2_893ff4a780ff.jpg

🔴⚪🔴⚪

Legooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

rockofcashel

Paul Tierney was a disgrace btw. He was so desperate to do something controversial. And did VAR check any of the decisions?

Bad day at the office. Nothing more. Use this as motivation to end the season strongly. We can still do it.

VAR check every decision, and are constantly in the ear of the referees if they think there's something to act on

The constant complaining about referees is tiresome. The penalty was a penalty. Cedric barged into the back of Son, while making no attempt to play the ball himself. That's what happened. Call it soft, hard, runny or poached, Cedric did something stupid, and gave the ref a decision to make, and he made it. Penalty. And VAR would have checked it, and they saw enough to agree with him

Holding was an idiot, right from the start. He could easily have gotten a red card for the kick out at Son, when he didn't even get a yellow. Could have got a second yellow before he eventually did, and could have no excuse, when he finally did. I mean, he might have gotten away with driving the shoulder into Son's face, but was dumb enough to lift the elbow too? Main fault for Arteta there was not dealing with him when he was on yellow and obvious he was running out like a mentaller

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
As usual after these things there is a conspiracy therory doing the rounds that for the penalty Tierney originally blew for a handball - no VAR was very very strange. It was a really peculiar penalty.

My main beef with Holding is that he got elbowed in the face by Son and didn’t make anything of it. Son showed him how it’s professionally done a few minutes later. Doubt we would have got anything anyway.
I thought he blew for a handball as well. That's what he signaled

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Everybody already attacked Holding but WTF was he really thinking? Son is a world class player and he exactly knew how to get Holding off the pitch. such an amateur. Holding belongs to the bench average at best.

11 VS 11 we were quite even tbf, but Sp**s got everything in their way even the penalty was so soft.

I also have no clue why Arteta decided to put Cedric on the pitch again he is completely out of his depth. just play Tavares.

I pray to god we wont crumble but i fear we will.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

Thankfully i watch the games in dodgy Spanish or Russian streams.

I'm not surprised sky commentary yesterday was desperate for Sp**s win. And Gary don't like us it's nothing new
Nobody wants us to win the game.
I hope we will try to fight and win the next two matches to make these people shut up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta got the team wrong, imo...

Ramsdale
Tomi-Holding-Gabriel
Cedric-Elneny-Xhaka-Saka
Odeagaard
Eddie-Gabby
...that would have been perfect last night.

Set up to match Sp**s threats, while still giving ourselves plenty to attack with...Holding can man mark slow ass Kane wherever he goes, as he doesn't have enough pace to get away from Rob...Son v Tomi and Kulusevki v Gabriel, can match their speed...Ødegaard can drop deep and help Xhaka and Mo keep the ball, Cedric and Saka keeping the width (less defensive duties in a back 5 too) and Gabby and Eddie pressing from the front.

So annoyed we didn't do this.

Still in our hands, but that defeat last night was all our fault.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nobody wants us to win the game.
I hope we will try to fight and win the next two matches to make these people shut up.
Wenger seriously rattled all English media they just don't like us. What confuse me what they like about Sp**s? A club that done nothing even Leicester has more successes than them it's just mystery to me

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arteta got the team wrong, imo...

Ramsdale
Tomi-Holding-Gabriel
Cedric-Elneny-Xhaka-Saka
Odeagaard
Eddie-Gabby
...that would have been perfect last night.

Set up to match Sp**s threats, while still giving ourselves plenty to attack with...Holding can man mark slow ass Kane wherever he goes, as he doesn't have enough pace to get away from Rob...Son v Tomi and Kulusevki v Gabriel, can match their speed...Ødegaard can drop deep and help Xhaka and Mo keep the ball, Cedric and Saka keeping the width (less defensive duties in a back 5 too) and Gabby and Eddie pressing from the front.

So annoyed we didn't do this.

Still in our hands, but that defeat last night was all our fault.
Easy to say this and I wanted us try that too but we won last 4 scored 11 goals there was no reason to change it. Poor players decision cost us game not a formation or tactics Sp**s had no one good opportunity on goal until thier penalty.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Wenger seriously rattled all English media they just don't like us. What confuse me what they like about Sp**s? A club that done nothing even Leicester has more successes than them it's just mystery to me
And we have 5/6 young English players.

Like you would think they would be happy for us to win as it benefits them.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
And we have 5/6 young English players.

Like you would think they would be happy for us to win as it benefits them.
Yes and our academy will benefit the English national team meanwhile Sp**s had nothing since Kane. It really confuse me maybe levy paying them or something

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Everybody already attacked Holding but WTF was he really thinking? Son is a world class player and he exactly knew how to get Holding off the pitch. such an amateur. Holding belongs to the bench average at best.

11 VS 11 we were quite even tbf, but Sp**s got everything in their way even the penalty was so soft.

I also have no clue why Arteta decided to put Cedric on the pitch again he is completely out of his depth. just play Tavares.

I pray to god we wont crumble but i fear we will.
That's where he's been

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It's not that they really like Sp**s. They just don't like Arsenal so they prop up our main rivals to rub salt in the wound

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
VAR check every decision, and are constantly in the ear of the referees if they think there's something to act on

The constant complaining about referees is tiresome. The penalty was a penalty. Cedric barged into the back of Son, while making no attempt to play the ball himself. That's what happened. Call it soft, hard, runny or poached, Cedric did something stupid, and gave the ref a decision to make, and he made it. Penalty. And VAR would have checked it, and they saw enough to agree with him

Holding was an idiot, right from the start. He could easily have gotten a red card for the kick out at Son, when he didn't even get a yellow. Could have got a second yellow before he eventually did, and could have no excuse, when he finally did. I mean, he might have gotten away with driving the shoulder into Son's face, but was dumb enough to lift the elbow too? Main fault for Arteta there was not dealing with him when he was on yellow and obvious he was running out like a mentaller
Theres constant complaining because it has a massive impact on the game. Again and again when we play against top 6 the ref will decide the match against us. Against City it was the same. Every single match we play Liverpool Mane elbows someone in the face... every single one...

It can be tiresome complaining about the refs but what else can you do when he decided the entire match. Almost everything that happened came from him making highly questionable decisions. Like he has history with giving Sp**s controversial decisions. Even Clattenburg slated him for being biased... Clattenburg ffs.

rockofcashel

Theres constant complaining because it has a massive impact on the game. Again and again when we play against top 6 the ref will decide the match against us. Against City it was the same. Every single match we play Liverpool Mane elbows someone in the face... every single one...

It can be tiresome complaining about the refs but what else can you do when he decided the entire match. Almost everything that happened came from him making highly questionable decisions. Like he has history with giving Sp**s controversial decisions. Even Clattenburg slated him for being biased... Clattenburg ffs.

Trust me, I referee. You cannot compare the actions of one referee in one game, compared to another referee in another game. You'll simply go up the wall.

So I tell players the same thing before every game.. that I am reffing it as I see it, based on what happens today, and nothing else. So don't give me a decision to make.

Cedric pushed Son forward, without making any attempt to get the ball himself. That's on Cedric. No one else. That's a foul. Simple as that.

Trying to justify it by saying "Kyle Walker does it every game for City", is completely immaterial. Kyle Walker and City weren't playing last night. Cedric was, and he got caught being an idiot.

Don't blame the ref, for Cedric being an idiot.

Same with Holding. Like I said, he should have gone off earlier. It was absolutely plain to see that after he'd bundled Son over the first time, he kicked out at him on the ground. VAR could easily have called down and given him the line. They didn't. The ref had a word with him. He left him off a second time minutes later. Then he booked him, and you could clearly see the referee pointing to different areas of the pitch where Holding had committed fouls before, telling him he left him no choice.

And ten minutes later, Holding throws an elbow.

And that's the refs fault? Come on, take responsibility for being an idiot.

Arteta or someone else had wound Holding up like a spring before the game, telling him to stick to Son.. but because its obvious that Son had the pace on Holding, Holding responded by trying to kick him out of the game, and got caught.

That is not on the ref.

I'm as sick as anyone with the result. But blaming referees for poor tactical decisions (putting Holding on Son), and poor player decisions (Cedric to push Son, Holding to elbow Son), is not in any way productive

Arsenal lost the game because they made a lot of bad choices.. not because refereees let Mane away with stuff in Liverpool games

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Trust me, I referee. You cannot compare the actions of one referee in one game, compared to another referee in another game. You'll simply go up the wall.

So I tell players the same thing before every game.. that I am reffing it as I see it, based on what happens today, and nothing else. So don't give me a decision to make.

Cedric pushed Son forward, without making any attempt to get the ball himself. That's on Cedric. No one else. That's a foul. Simple as that.

Trying to justify it by saying "Kyle Walker does it every game for City", is completely immaterial. Kyle Walker and City weren't playing last night. Cedric was, and he got caught being an idiot.

Don't blame the ref, for Cedric being an idiot.

Same with Holding. Like I said, he should have gone off earlier. It was absolutely plain to see that after he'd bundled Son over the first time, he kicked out at him on the ground. VAR could easily have called down and given him the line. They didn't. The ref had a word with him. He left him off a second time minutes later. Then he booked him, and you could clearly see the referee pointing to different areas of the pitch where Holding had committed fouls before, telling him he left him no choice.

And ten minutes later, Holding throws an elbow.

And that's the refs fault? Come on, take responsibility for being an idiot.

Arteta or someone else had wound Holding up like a spring before the game, telling him to stick to Son.. but because its obvious that Son had the pace on Holding, Holding responded by trying to kick him out of the game, and got caught.

That is not on the ref.

I'm as sick as anyone with the result. But blaming referees for poor tactical decisions (putting Holding on Son), and poor player decisions (Cedric to push Son, Holding to elbow Son), is not in any way productive

Arsenal lost the game because they made a lot of bad choices.. not because refereees let Mane away with stuff in Liverpool games
"You cannot compare the actions of one referee in one game, compared to another referee in another game" ..... ahhhhhhh this is exactly what you should be doing, refereeing should be consistent across the board. Also going by Tierney's previous he has a massive hard on for Sp**s.

Every player pushes every player all the time in matches with the ball on the way in, nothing worse about the Cedric incident.

Yeah Im not sure you watched the match or saw what happened.... Holding throws an elbow? If you could show me a clip of that Ill accept youre completely right. Because anyone who isnt a tw*t can see Son's head makes contact with Holding's shoulder... so yeah you clearly havent watched the match.

You are fair full of rubbish. At least watch a match or get your eyes tested. Fkin tipp heads in here

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Funny because a few months ago he picked the atmosphere at Brentford on the opening day of the season as one of his best moments of 2021.

Brentford and Sp**s...2 clubs who never win anything, having their best atmosphere v Arsenal :handshake:

Not surprised we inspire these nobody teams, we are box office after all!

rockofcashel

"You cannot compare the actions of one referee in one game, compared to another referee in another game" ..... ahhhhhhh this is exactly what you should be doing, refereeing should be consistent across the board. Also going by Tierney's previous he has a massive hard on for Sp**s.

Every player pushes every player all the time in matches with the ball on the way in, nothing worse about the Cedric incident.

Yeah Im not sure you watched the match or saw what happened.... Holding throws an elbow? If you could show me a clip of that Ill accept youre completely right. Because anyone who isnt a tw*t can see Son's head makes contact with Holding's shoulder... so yeah you clearly havent watched the match.

You are fair full of rubbish. At least watch a match or get your eyes tested. Fkin tipp heads in here

"ahhhhhhh this is exactly what you should be doing, refereeing should be consistent across the board. Also going by Tierney's previous he has a massive hard on for Sp**s."

Yes, it should be. But trying to say "well this referee shouldn't give this, because that referee didn't give that", is absolute nonsense.

Referees can only adjudicate on what they see, in the game they are reffing, at the time they are reffing. And, as much of an Arsenal fan as I am, if I seen Cedric do what he did, in a game I reffed, I'd have given the exact same thing as Tierney did. Son was fouled, and Cedric made no attempt to win the ball himself. Cut and dried.

He was an idiot. And yes, even Neville said he would do that as a full back, but Cedric wasn't smart enough to mask it. So he can't have any complaint when the ref gave the penalty against him.

Watch the video attached... and you'll see it.. and what Neville says about it.. (18-22 secs on video)

As for the Holding incident, one of the TV views of the incident was the best, the one coming directly behind the players towards the Arsenal goal which was the best one, but even on the highlights shown here, both of them show clearly Holding swinging his elbow, after he had first made contact with the shoulder. In fact, he dipped the shoulder into Son's face, and would likely have gotten away with it, if he didn't fling the elbow out afterwards.

And worse, Tierney was not ten yards away, looking directly at the tangle.. he saw exactly what happened. (58 to 61 secs)

You can call the ref a **** all you want.. but both Cedric and Holding were complete bampots for doing what they did, and where they did it

And yeah.. I unfortunately watched the game.. ruined a good Thursday night.. but no point in blaming anyone else for the defeat bar the stupidity of a few players and to an extent the tactical naivety of Arteta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom