• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,936

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It was proven again that formation with 3 at the back is fools gold. It worked until it didn't. Wenger, Emery and now Arteta. We need to bin this formation for good.
It’s like a duct tape fix to having **** defenders. The defenders will let you down less but ultimately they’ll still let you down.

No point sacrificing our attack so our defence can be slightly less sh*t.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Thoughts on not being in the EL mate? I'm pretty worried, we need the money from what I've read over the last few days and I can't see us buying a CB this window.

That being said giving Mikel a clean slate and only focusing on PL fixtures may benefit us.
I didn’t want to be in it, let Arteta concentrate on PL, but like many have said the European money is big for a self sustaining model like ours.

I’m worried there will be no real signings. Mari, Luiz, Cedric really might be the bulk of our business for next year.

junglist57

Established Member
Lacazette looking out of breath an hour in was a huge red flag. Wasted space from there on in. Pair that with the fact we didn’t have Martin Nelly or Eddie to call on.

Don’t get me started on our defence, its been like that for time.

If things really do restart again in September then we’re really gonna struggle making any improvements at all. We just do not seem appealing in anyway when we throw away dominance in games like Leicester mid week and Spuds today.

Sh1t end to a good weekend...

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t want to be in it, let Arteta concentrate on PL, but like many have said the European money is big for a self sustaining model like ours.

I’m worried there will be no real signings. Mari, Luiz, Cedric really might be the bulk of our business for next year.

Same man, the talk of Partey is nice, but is it realistic ? Maybe we have one big signing in us, I am not so sure.

I'm growing on the ideal of not playing in Europe but I think with COVID etc it may kill us in the market.

baccy_man

Established Member
The quicker we get some new defenders in the better the ones we have got are dire,
I know we have got Saliba coming but he is going to need time to get settled in to the team,

Shalmaneser V

Our players are ****, look at the pre match predictions, we all knew Son and Kane would destroy us. What’s true is that we maintained attacks for the first time in about 2 years today, can’t do much else when your players aren’t good enough to defend or finish chances.

Son and Kane didn’t destroy nothing though. They didn’t need to. We gifted them the win with our usual shenanigans.

That’s what’s so disappointing. All we had to do is turn up 100% focused, determined and disciplined and we’d have won this match. But we made a proper meal out of it yet again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Same man, the talk of Partey is nice, but is it realistic ? Maybe we have one big signing in us, I am not so sure.

I'm growing on the ideal of not playing in Europe but I think with COVID etc it may kill us in the market.
Partey isn’t expensive, only 40m. We’ll sell Guendouzi too.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
**** this club and everyone running it. Just **** off.
Agreed 100%
**** everyone at that ****ing shambles that used to be Arsenal Football Club

How do you pay £72 million pounds for a one-legged goalkeeper and then play him right wing?
Ceballos...what is he doing with his gum-shield the whole game? Practising fellatio? Why would you need a gum-shield anyway, if all you do is jog around at half-pace.
I know why he needs to practise fellatio...he got the job on merit!
The 'defence' ?!? Please!
And what is Arteta trying to do?
The comms said something about Mourinho, the Scientist, and the science of winning football games, against the artist, implying that Arteta is one because he understudied the magnificent Pep.
A piss-artist could have got a more balance side just by randomly pulling players names out of the hat and placing them on a little subbuteo mat.

Utter gash!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Son and Kane didn’t destroy nothing though. They didn’t need to. We gifted them the win with our usual shenanigans.

That’s what’s so disappointing. All we had to do is turn up 100% focused, determined and disciplined and we’d have won this match. But we made a proper meal out of it yet again.
Kane ragdolled us in the last 20 and Son scored and got an assist, doesn’t matter if we made it easy, they’re big game players and our leader as we all knew would happen, bottled it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Do you even get 30-40m for being in it? I doubt it. To to all the way and win the thing you make about 15m. Obviously you have other sources of income like match day etc but maybe you can earn more by offloading players on 100k a week who are squad players and are needed because you have europe.

We would need to improve ten fold to win the Europa League. We have proven in the past when we play a half decent team in it we are beat.

Nah i'm pretty sure we got at least 30m for getting to the final. We went to the semi-final and the final despite not being a good team. If we were in it again next year there's no reason why we couldn't go far in it.

EinmalImmerEwig

Guess the Europa not as important if fans not allowed in. The gate revenue was significant.
This!
Gate money would be £3m a game, times 7, which would be £21m, plus probably £18m if we won it.
No crowds though means we really don't need it, this season, and won't be getting it anyway

Season after next we'll be in the Champions League though, as Winners of the Premier League!*

COYG!

*I've had a smoke now, so feel a bit better...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Partey next to Ceballos in a pivot with a really good no. 10 in front of them would actually be pretty good y'know. It's just a shame that we haven't bought Partey yet, Ceballos isn't actually our player, and we probably can't afford a really good no. 10 without European football. But apart from those small obstacles it's a great plan.

EinmalImmerEwig

Nah i'm pretty sure we got at least 30m for getting to the final. We went to the semi-final and the final despite not being a good team. If we were in it again next year there's no reason why we couldn't go far in it.
You're right.
I was forgetting the market share that Arsenal got.
The previous year they got £25m.

The breakdown of Arsenal’s earnings from last season Europa League campaign shows that they - like all clubs involved - were given a £2.3m participation bonus.

They were also given a performance bonus of just over 2m and then a market share of just over £25.5m, significantly more than any other club involved in the competition. Marseille, who were beaten in the final by Atletico Madrid, received just £10.3m.

Arsenal then received a payment of around £442,000 for reaching the round of 32, £663,000 for the last 16, £884,00 for the quarter-finals and then £1.4m for the semi-finals.

Yeah, we need the Europa League, even without the fans revenue. FFS!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kane and Son too advantage of us being very high of the pitch specially in last 10 minutes after they scored

EinmalImmerEwig

Here's UEFA's break-down of all the prize money for the Europa League

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...2019-20-uefa-europa-league-revenue-is-shared/

The bit about the 'Market Pool' is the bit I keep forgetting.
It's the brown envelopes for the TV deals and general countishness! ( remove the 'o' )

Market pool (€168m)
The estimated available amount of €168m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage onwards). The different market shares will be split among the clubs participating from a given association.

powah

"We are really, really sad. We wanted to give our fans the moment of glory and happiness, we tried our best, I’m really, really proud of the players."

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom