<

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Jul 8, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Jul 12, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

70.0%
  2. Draw

16.7%
  3. Sp**s Win

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top Quality

Top Quality Active Member

Hahaha, this really hit me...

TOO TRUE.

Still want us to get those games though.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

It’s like a duct tape fix to having **** defenders. The defenders will let you down less but ultimately they’ll still let you down.

No point sacrificing our attack so our defence can be slightly less sh*t.

3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I didn’t want to be in it, let Arteta concentrate on PL, but like many have said the European money is big for a self sustaining model like ours.

I’m worried there will be no real signings. Mari, Luiz, Cedric really might be the bulk of our business for next year.

krengon and OnlyOne like this.
  4. junglist57

junglist57 Well-Known Member

Lacazette looking out of breath an hour in was a huge red flag. Wasted space from there on in. Pair that with the fact we didn’t have Martin Nelly or Eddie to call on.

Don’t get me started on our defence, its been like that for time.

If things really do restart again in September then we’re really gonna struggle making any improvements at all. We just do not seem appealing in anyway when we throw away dominance in games like Leicester mid week and Spuds today.

Sh1t end to a good weekend...

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah big trouble if we don’t get in the Europa. From a financial perspective we definitely need it.

GeorgiaGunner, krengon and dashsnow17 like this.
  6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Same man, the talk of Partey is nice, but is it realistic ? Maybe we have one big signing in us, I am not so sure.

I'm growing on the ideal of not playing in Europe but I think with COVID etc it may kill us in the market.

7. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

Guess the Europa not as important if fans not allowed in. The gate revenue was significant.

Mrs Bergkamp and EinmalImmerEwig like this.
  8. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

The quicker we get some new defenders in the better the ones we have got are dire,
    I know we have got Saliba coming but he is going to need time to get settled in to the team,

9. Shalmaneser V

Shalmaneser V Well-Known Member

Son and Kane didn’t destroy nothing though. They didn’t need to. We gifted them the win with our usual shenanigans.

That’s what’s so disappointing. All we had to do is turn up 100% focused, determined and disciplined and we’d have won this match. But we made a proper meal out of it yet again.

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Partey isn’t expensive, only 40m. We’ll sell Guendouzi too.

11. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

Agreed 100%
    **** everyone at that ****ing shambles that used to be Arsenal Football Club

How do you pay £72 million pounds for a one-legged goalkeeper and then play him right wing?
    Ceballos...what is he doing with his gum-shield the whole game? Practising fellatio? Why would you need a gum-shield anyway, if all you do is jog around at half-pace.
    I know why he needs to practise fellatio...he got the job on merit!
    The 'defence' ?!? Please!
    And what is Arteta trying to do?
    The comms said something about Mourinho, the Scientist, and the science of winning football games, against the artist, implying that Arteta is one because he understudied the magnificent Pep.
    A piss-artist could have got a more balance side just by randomly pulling players names out of the hat and placing them on a little subbuteo mat.

Utter gash!

Tourbillion likes this.
  12. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Kane ragdolled us in the last 20 and Son scored and got an assist, doesn’t matter if we made it easy, they’re big game players and our leader as we all knew would happen, bottled it.

Tourbillion likes this.
  13. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Nah i'm pretty sure we got at least 30m for getting to the final. We went to the semi-final and the final despite not being a good team. If we were in it again next year there's no reason why we couldn't go far in it.

14. EinmalImmerEwig

This!
    Gate money would be £3m a game, times 7, which would be £21m, plus probably £18m if we won it.
    No crowds though means we really don't need it, this season, and won't be getting it anyway

Season after next we'll be in the Champions League though, as Winners of the Premier League!*

COYG!

*I've had a smoke now, so feel a bit better...

Garrincha likes this.
  15. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Partey next to Ceballos in a pivot with a really good no. 10 in front of them would actually be pretty good y'know. It's just a shame that we haven't bought Partey yet, Ceballos isn't actually our player, and we probably can't afford a really good no. 10 without European football. But apart from those small obstacles it's a great plan.

16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Agree here. Arteta could have been braver.

Big Poppa likes this.
  17. EinmalImmerEwig

You're right.
    I was forgetting the market share that Arsenal got.
    The previous year they got £25m.

Yeah, we need the Europa League, even without the fans revenue. FFS!

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Kane and Son too advantage of us being very high of the pitch specially in last 10 minutes after they scored

19. EinmalImmerEwig

Here's UEFA's break-down of all the prize money for the Europa League

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...2019-20-uefa-europa-league-revenue-is-shared/

The bit about the 'Market Pool' is the bit I keep forgetting.
    It's the brown envelopes for the TV deals and general countishness! ( remove the 'o' )

Market pool (€168m)
    The estimated available amount of €168m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage onwards). The different market shares will be split among the clubs participating from a given association.

20. powah

powah New Member

"We are really, really sad. We wanted to give our fans the moment of glory and happiness, we tried our best, I’m really, really proud of the players."

What?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.