• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,907

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
They barely got a shot off against a team that had just lost 5 games in a row. They were very, very lucky to get away with a point.

If ever there was a time to be confident about a NLD that time is now

Form, injuries, and relative squad strength rarely have much say in the outcome of the NLD tbh.

Still seething at Aubas last min penalty miss when they were squatting at Wembley, we totally bossed them that day the timing of the winner would have been absolutely classic.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Am I the only person who is drinking significantly less during lockdown than they were when going to work?
I would venture a guess which is yes! Haven't spoken to a single colleague who isn't draining their liquor cabinet. I never thought I'd make a dent but now I am running on empty...

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
They have not had many penalties awarded so far this season though. Have a look at ManU though. Leading the table by a country mile this and last season.

ManU is in great form and I won't deny that they could be quite good next season, but objectively speaking, looking at how many decisions they got in their favor and how many points we've been robbed by poor referee decisions, we'd sit comfortable above ManU and get CL without it.

There's really no debate about that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arteta again confirmed no Özil and Guendouzi situation hasn't changed he said

What I don't understand is the Özil situation. There's been a lot of information leaked about the Guendouzi situation, we know ALL the details of why he's been excluded, but we know nothing really about Özil. We just had vague hints that he's not working hard enough, or maybe he missed a zoom meeting or something.

Why haven't any of the Arsenal journalists been getting information about it? The club clearly wants everyone to know what Guendouzi has been doing, but they don't want people to know about Özil.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
According to Lawro, spuds will win 2-0.

I think the guy’s had an undiagnosed stroke or is early state demented.
I remember him saying wolves would batter us :lol:

He could have saved himself the embarrassment and go for draw. Instead he went for a Sp**s win. Almost as if he's mad at arsenal for some reason.
:lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What I don't understand is the Özil situation. There's been a lot of information leaked about the Guendouzi situation, we know ALL the details of why he's been excluded, but we know nothing really about Özil. We just had vague hints that he's not working hard enough, or maybe he missed a zoom meeting or something.

Why haven't any of the Arsenal journalists been getting information about it? The club clearly wants everyone to know what Guendouzi has been doing, but they don't want people to know about Özil.
Has Özil featured or even been in the squad since the re-start?

Read somewhere that he wasn't in good shape. Add that the pay cut issue and maybe having missed a zoom meeting on safety. Thought I read that somewhere also. Can easily see that the club and Artata see him as not part of any future team and not adding to the current one.

I personally am fine if they starve him of attention. Let him play FortNite and have his media crew post tweets in his name after we lose.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

You can read through recent attempts by a persistent journo to gain clarity on the situation here. Arteta straight bats every question.

shorturl.at/gxEFL

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You can read through recent attempts by a persistent journo to gain clarity on the situation here. Arteta straight bats every question.

https://arseblog.news/2020/07/arteta-is-quizzed-on-Özil-again/

Article seems to have been taken down.

The whole situation is just so weird and I think everyone is so bored of it that they've stopped questioning how weird it is. All the reliable information, from the Özil camp and from Ornstein etc, is that Özil wants to see out his contract. Meanwhile he's been completely excluded from the squad and the club isn't telling anyone why.

It's all well and good fans saying we should just get rid, or pay off his wages, or let him sit at home for a whole year, but in practice those things are not straightforward.

The whole thing is at an impasse and it seems no one has any idea what's going to happen. Personally I don' care what happens, I'd just like some clarity.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I remember him saying wolves would batter us :lol:

He could have saved himself the embarrassment and go for draw. Instead he went for a Sp**s win. Almost as if he's mad at arsenal for some reason.
:lol:

I think at the moment he is just trolling us. Beside that he thought Wolves would tear us apart, he predicted Leicester to beat us at home. He predicted Soton to beat us too. In fact since the restart the only game he predicted for us to win was Norwich.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Article seems to have been taken down.

The whole situation is just so weird and I think everyone is so bored of it that they've stopped questioning how weird it is. All the reliable information, from the Özil camp and from Ornstein etc, is that Özil wants to see out his contract. Meanwhile he's been completely excluded from the squad and the club isn't telling anyone why.

It's all well and good fans saying we should just get rid, or pay off his wages, or let him sit at home for a whole year, but in practice those things are not straightforward.

The whole thing is at an impasse and it seems no one has any idea what's going to happen. Personally I don' care what happens, I'd just like some clarity.

Try again matey, I updated the URL. The problem is arsenal manias auto insert of the two dots in Ozils name. The reporter is trying every trick in the book, but Artetas not having any of it.

Last edited:

Trofton

Reports now about Özil getting a possible move to MLS for big wages I would personally be on the phone to ZiZi asking to swap him for ceballos

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
And to think, there was an active discussion with options FOR Mourinho to come here.

Thank **** that never happened.

The worst part was when he was appointed and he started to win a few games we had some members here going over the top with praise for him. "He got Sp**s from 14th to 5th" (forgetting they were only 3 points off 5th when he took over). And my favourite "mourinho masterclass!" After his team managed to beat City and others by sheer luck.

Glad to see everyone has realised he is past his best now.

Trofton

Also people wanting Pepe to start why? @BigPoppaPump might argue Laca is fat and shouldn’t be playing ahead of him but in recent games he’s plays Pepe Is lazy his heat map is just above the halfway line waiting for the ball! Bellerin had made more run forwards then him so why should he start ?

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Arteta again confirmed no Özil and Guendouzi situation hasn't changed he said

I like Özil as a player but I think Arteta knows when and where he should play. So I am behind Teta Teta Arteta. lol ( Tetë/a means eight in alb. Ar/i means gold in alb....Wait... I need to check something ...:lol: )

As for Guendouzi he should not even bother anymore. Emery s boy.

Last edited:

Trofton

The Line up I expect
Want
Martinez
Mustafi Luiz Kola
Bellerin Xhaka Ceballos Tierny
Saka Lacs Auba

I’d prefer to see Saka left Auba Middle and Reiss on the right really high paced fast attacks with conviction but I don’t think Arteta will play that way. Tactically Arteta in the last games has been brilliant. He couldn’t of predicted the red and after that happened we couldn’t do anything. I’m expecting more of the same from previous games rather then full domination i think we’ll be looking to counter as I see our midfield getting overran again I predict they’ll go 1-0 up by half time. Referees haven’t been on our side all season so expect it a free kick goal or pen. hopefully the lads will fight back like they have been I wanna see reiss in action more and Xhaka and Mustafi are almost worth complimenting in this system I reckon we’ll win this game 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom