• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,902

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Feel good about this one. We have been playing well lately and Sp**s have not. Think we will win by two goals.

Gunners1616

So Auba left or centre is the big question
Everything else is already decided
Martinez, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Cedric, Tierney, Xhaka, Ceballos, Pepe, Saka, Auba
would be my team, allows us to bring Laca off the bench.
I'm really struggling to understand why Kolasinac keeps playing. He's been playing horribly. Can't pass, can't hold the ball, suspicious defending and always bailed by Tierney.

The only reason for him playing is because he is left footed (i think).

Sokratis or Holding really can't be any worse.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mini tribute to a man who always turned up against Sp**s, even if he was injured for every other game in a season...

"The best? ‘Arsenal,’ he said. The worst? ‘Tottenham’.

...other players in the squad gave more bland answers about the best/worst thing in London, with the majority saying traffic problems or the bad weather. But not for Rosicky."

:drool:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah I agree. I'm dying to see Saka on the left of a front 3. I feel like we have this amazing kid and I've only ever seen him play in his second best positions, and not his best one.

Just based on what Arteta's done since the restart I'd guess it's highly likely Auba will still be on the left. I may be wrong.

You’re probably right, but he was asked about it by Amy Lawrence in the post game interview and suggested it’s on the table. He’s expending a lot of energy down the left chasing down opposition widemen yet Saka’s a natural there.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm really struggling to understand why Kolasinac keeps playing. He's been playing horribly. Can't pass, can't hold the ball, suspicious defending and always bailed by Tierney.

Thats more to do with our lack of options
Neither defender in our back 3 is particularly good but they are doing a good enough job for now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

big if but if we put away our chances we got this.

I think we start Saka Aubameyang Pepe.

Tomb Bombadil

Would bring in Holding and put Luiz to the left.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Guess the best we can hope for this season is finishing above Tottenham and winning the FA cup. Everything else is out the window. So let’s take a big step towards the first one and batter these ****s.

Hope Mourinho has a meltdown as well. He’s gonna set the spuds back 10 years before he’s inevitably sacked.

Think it’ll be Auba LW and Laca CF but I really hope we see this:

Emi

Mustafi Luiz Kolasinac

Cedric Ceballos Xhaka Tierney

Pepe Auba Saka​

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Buzzing for Son to do this to one of our players on Sunday...

...as VAR doesn't even look at it, then the pundits gush over how he isn't that type of player.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Pepe in for Kolasinac

Martinez

Mustafi Luiz Tierney

Soares Ceballos Xhaka Saka

Pepe Laca Auba

Slightly more attacking with Saka at left wing back and I think Tierney is a better defender than Kolasinac. Saka can move into the left forward position instead of Laca or Auba if required.

Last edited:

Zazu

Pepe in for Kolasinac

Martinez

Mustafi Luiz Tierney

Soares Ceballos Xhaka Saka

Pepe Laca Auba

Slightly more attacking with Saka at left wing back and I think Tierney is a better defender than Kolasinac. Saka can move into the left forward position instead of Laca or Auba if required.

This would be my team too.

Kola had a poor game last night and Tierney can slot in as the left-footed centre back no bother. He's faster, better defensively and better on the ball than Kolasinac so shouldn't have any worries there.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Pepe will terrify Spuds' poverty defence. Mourinho is in full "control freak" mode. He left out Vertonghen and Alderweireld against Sheffield Utd for no real reason. They've been so poor since the restart, if we can match our first half performance against Leicester we'll win this game.

I'd go;

Martinez
Mustafi Luiz Kolasinac
Bellerin Xhaka Ceballos Tierney
Saka Auba Pepe

I'm DYING to see that front three. They can all completely interchange if and when necessary. We've not seen Saka up top yet but ****ing hell, he performs wherever he plays. I trust him to score when he gets a chance too.

A win here and spirits are high heading into the last few games. We can do this. COYG!!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You’re probably right, but he was asked about it by Amy Lawrence in the post game interview and suggested it’s on the table. He’s expending a lot of energy down the left chasing down opposition widemen yet Saka’s a natural there.

Arteta prefers Auba at LW that much is clear but if he was ever tempted to play Auba at CF then now is the time. Nketiah is suspended leaving Laca as our only other CF, Arteta usually takes the starting CF off around the 70 min mark as by then they will have run themselves into the ground. You would think for that reason Laca should start on the bench so at least he still has that option.

You can also add that for various reasons Pepe hasn't started any of our last 3 games. If he doesn't start here, that will be a big gap which will make him really rusty. In that sense you expect him to start here otherwise it will take a few games for him to build up his match fitness again.

You can also add that Saka is clearly much more at home at LW than RW.

Taking all that into consideration if we don't see a front 3 of Saka Auba Pepe, then I'm not sure we will ever see that under Arteta.

Manberg

Predator
Pepe is certainly starting this. Only reason he missed the last game is because he missed training due to having just given birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom