• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If you have played for a Premier League club, an EFL club or a non-british club this season you are appropriately experienced. And we have 3 such players in the U23 team.
Anyway why are you so desperate for us to play with a severely depleted team? Why do you want to dip into the U23 team when hardly any team has done that. Are you saying Liverpool didn't have any such players that they could have used instead of asking for a postponement?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Anyway why are you so desperate for us to play with a severely depleted team? Why do you want to dip into the U23 team when hardly any team has done that. Are you saying Liverpool didn't have any such players that they could have used instead of asking for a postponement?

I have said this for a while. Its my stance concerning postponed games. Its not complicated.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Earlier in the thread we talked about 3 players in u23 who qualify as appropriately experienced - Patino, and two others who had loans recalled from EFL and Bundealiga 3. Azeez also now.
I saw that but why should we be the only team to do that? How many games did Sp**s got postponed? Why weren't they asked to find such players. Leicester surely must have some loanees who they could have recallled this month.

So we have to recall a player from the 3rd tier of German football but everyone else gets games postponed.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I saw that but why should we be the only team to do that? How many games did Sp**s got postponed? Why weren't they asked to find such players. Leicester surely must have some loanees who they could have recallled this month.

So we have to recall a player from the 3rd tier of German football but everyone else gets games postponed.
They were recalled already as their loans didn’t work out but strictly following the rule definition they seem to be classed as sufficiently experienced.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Glad Wrighty speak up. Really can't believe why they are suddenly angry all teams been doing it.
I think there is a dislike of arsenal but in addition we are sort of the next big club off the rank after Liverpool have cheated the rules. It became crystal clear after them the rules are being exploited. Strange thing is there is little media backlash against the cheating though- cowards.
Furthermore some of our absences involve a red card and loans - easy for the media to jump on that (not sure other clubs have had that dimension to it)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The main reasons why games are cancelled is when a team says they're unable to field 13 outfield players + 1 GK. There could be a variety of reasons why you can have so many players missing like injuries, illness, afcon, suspensions and they all count. As this whole procedure came about because of covid, you probably need to have some covid cases. They never specified how many, and seeing Leicester were able to postpone a game with just 2 covid cases, it seems the 13+1 rule is more important than how many covid cases you have in your squad.

Currently we don't have 13 fit outfield players. (You don't count your academy players, you only count first team players with sufficient experience). So it is simple, we meet the criteria for asking for a postponement. Countless teams have done the same, over 20 PL games have been postponed so far. Leicester, Liverpool, Man Utd etc could have played all their postponements if they dipped into their youth pool. But they didn't so why should we?

It seems suddenly it is an outrage if we play by the same rules everyone has been playing with.

giphy.gif

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Honestly would love if they don't postpone it. You just know the pressure will be massive on us if they do.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Damn, the plot thickens.

I'd love for the game to go ahead, purely for selfish "something to look forward to" reasons this Sunday. If I was Dinzeyi, Möller or Patino, I'd love for the game to go ahead, too (to be able to prove my worth as a young player in a north London derby, that's sweet)

However, dude, a big part of me just wants this cancelled. I kinda think the PL have until Sunday and they're going to go through our squad with a fine tooth comb thanks to the likes of RatBoy "Che" Neville and Spitty Carragher. They'll have more of a vested interest in us than they have in Burnley, Liverpool or Leicester in the last couple of months and that sickens me (over one measly request)

I think the weekend will just be a complete downer if we play a weakened side and get demolished by the spuds though. I can't see Arteta trusting the untested youth if it's made to go ahead. I reckon we'll have Chambers and White in midfield.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Vlahovic upfront with Gini Wijnaldum and Arthur in the Squad, thank's FA good lads, bout time you listened to us.

The salt from the cretins on sky when it gets confirmed to be off, lmaoooo.

Leicester postponed again, 5th postponement but arsenal ruining football.

Salt Bae Sport GIF by UFC

Nothing is confirmed btw.

GLITCH

Honestly would love if they don't postpone it. You just know the pressure will be massive on us if they do.
I wouldn't love it, but I've been thinking about the pressure for us to not lose if it's postponed. What I would love however, are the tears if the game goes ahead and we win. :lol:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Would be extraordinary if this wasn’t called off. If the Premiership wants to change the rules of engagement around postponements it needs to publish them first, not deal on the hoof after weeks of games being called of in exactly the same way as the Sp**s game.

Neville is a **** and having stood next the Carragher in the bogs can confirm he has a small ****. Not that I was looking.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Look it should be postponed per our request. Club wouldnt hand it in if we had enough players available per the regulations.

However. This concerns Arsenal so all rules that could possibly aid us go out the window.

I’m personally not fussed whether it’s played or not. I know we’re depleted but they also have issues. The biggest problem I see here is self inflicted. Mikel created these problems in the CM position himself by foolishly trusting Xhaka and sending AMN on loan without bringing anyone in on time. And all that when you know you lose Partey and Neny as well. It’s self-destructive behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom