• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Missed the point again haven’t you? Balogun staying would’ve meant you had another player who would’ve been counted as part of the 13 or whatever.

Media don’t care what his position is and where Arsenal have issues.
I understand you point, but you have to agree that the media and pundit uproar is a bit over the top. Where was this with e.g. Liverpool's false positive tests e.g. They basically got out of their game against us on what turned out to be false pretences. Or with all the other cancelled games? Our game has been cancelled within the rules the FA set out and all of a sudden this is unheard off. Sp**s issuing official complaints to the press that are read out load on TV. Just to drum up even more anti-Arsenal sentiment.

We always bend over backwards and try to play fair on and off the pitch, while **** clubs like Sp**s, ManU and Liverpool play the victim card incessantly all the while cheating like there is no tomorrow! Worst is ****ing Liverpool crying over Hillsborough while laughing off or at best trying to hide / forget their shameful conduct in connection with the Heysel Stadium disaster. Watched that **** live on TV. Afterwards the Swedish media reported that Liverpool fans had printed t-shirts Liverpool - Juventus 39-0 or something, referring to the deaths among Juve fans.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
No different with what we do with our younger stars tbf. ESR is regularly compared to Figo, KDB, Kaka, off the top of my head.
More my issue with this type of stuff is that in 99% of cases it doesn't really matter what a player's doing at 20. Performance at that age gives you indicators of what the player will be able to do as a fully matured pro but the signs themselves aren't important after the fact, what the player actually goes on to do is the important bit. Who cares if Alli showed potential, he's proven to be a lazy waste of space, knowing that you can argue he never really had the potential at all.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Comparing to certain players by style, is totally different than comparing their levels. Not very hard to understand.
Great, but that's not what this fanbase does though is it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Missed the point again haven’t you? Balogun staying would’ve meant you had another player who would’ve been counted as part of the 13 or whatever.

Media don’t care what his position is and where Arsenal have issues.
Then how have I missed the point? I'm spot on, they're just trying to create outrage without looking at the facts of the situation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then how have I missed the point? I'm spot on, they're just trying to create outrage without looking at the facts of the situation.
You’ve missed the point AGAIN? The positions don’t matter, as long as you’ve had enough players you would’ve been forced to use somebody like Patino in CM.

Balogun would’ve counted towards whatever there number is, 13 or whatever, and then you’re forced to play and forced to use whoever in CM.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You’ve missed the point AGAIN? The positions don’t matter, as long as you’ve had enough players you would’ve been forced to use somebody like Patino in CM.

Balogun would’ve counted towards whatever there number is, 13 or whatever, and then you’re forced to play and forced to use whoever in CM.
13 players in the 25 man squad. Patino wouldn't count because he doesn't have the "appropriate experience" referenced in the Covid rules.

Not sure why you're so rattled btw. You should work on that.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
These postponement rules tbf pre date covid.
Covid has just exacerbated the issue.

13 senior players & a GK

Now you could scrap it & make teams field youngsters but there is a big argument that doing so will favour the wealthy clubs massively as they can afford bigger squads & to collect & park the best young talent.

Its only recently with all the disruptions this has become a 'thing'.

However the main reason the media are so up in arms is because the big super sunday NLD has been called off & people are thinking a big club should field youngsters.

We already field the youngest team in the league.

Nobody cares if Burnley who field one of the oldest cant play & its not on TV.

However the rules are the same for everyone.

Another debate is AFCON.

If the tournament could be played in the off season the game goes ahead.

Do clubs stop signing African players because it may leave them exposed?

GDeep™

League is very weak
13 players in the 25 man squad. Patino wouldn't count because he doesn't have the "appropriate experience" referenced in the Covid rules.

Not sure why you're so rattled btw. You should work on that.
Missed my point again. Are you doing this on purpose? If we didn’t make loans we potentially could’ve had the required players which would’ve meant we’re forced to use any player we can find in CM.

The media do have a point there, you’re loaning players then you’re saying you don’t have enough players.

I keep saying the PL should never have started this rubbish unless there was a proven bib COVID outbreak.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
These postponement rules tbf pre date covid.
Covid has just exacerbated the issue.
Is that really the case? I had no idea, that’s a hugely important factor and should be discussed in media and at the decision making level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom