• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Missed my point again. Are you doing this on purpose? If we didn’t make loans we potentially could’ve had the required players which would’ve meant we’re forced to use any player we can find in CM.

The media do have a point there, you’re loaning players then you’re saying you don’t have enough players.

I keep saying the PL should never have started this rubbish unless there was a proven bib COVID outbreak.
In that case, the club should sell or loan anyone because of the off-chance that they'll pick up multiple Covid cases days before the game like this.

Sad seeing you like this.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Is that really the case? I had no idea, that’s a hugely important factor and should be discussed in media and at the decision making level.
I was sure I read a while back these were always the rules in place but apologies I may have been wrong as they have been tweaked since covid?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
@GDeep™ @American_Gooner
Media are correct that Arsenal have put themselves in this position by loaning players out, however, Arsenal and Arteta’s only responsibility is to look after Arsenal’s interests, if they’ve made the calculation to send players on loan and subsequently game the system frankly they are doing their job properly. It’s been said but media should be putting their efforts into the rules and decision making bodies if they weren’t purely interested in outrage.

Arsenal didn’t know everything about who they would lose prior to the loans in question either.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In that case, the club should sell or loan anyone because of the off-chance that they'll pick up multiple Covid cases days before the game like this.

Sad seeing you like this.
That’s the media stance, I’m not saying they are right or wrong. I actually don’t think we’ve done much wrong.

Generally though, clubs do keep players in the window until they get replacements. What was the need to let AMN go so early in the window? He covers RB and CM.

GDeep™

League is very weak
To be honest he is 100% on point! Just ridiculous for any other club or fans to be outraged. Every club does exactly the same. We played by the rules of the day so why all the *****ing!
Loved Neville yesterday saying “i should’ve said something when Utd postponed their game last month”.

He waited till our game to get outraged.

It’s a blow to Sky as they lose their big Super Sunday game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That’s the media stance, I’m not saying they are right or wrong. I actually don’t think we’ve done much wrong.

Generally though, clubs do keep players in the window until they get replacements. What was the need to let AMN go so early in the window? He covers RB and CM.
I don't see why any outgoings couldn't wait until after the Burnley game, but AMN was desperate to go. Guess Arteta didn't want to keep an unhappy player any longer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't see why any outgoings couldn't wait until after the Burnley game, but AMN was desperate to go. Guess Arteta didn't want to keep an unhappy player any longer.
Fair, but he’s kept him just hanging around for two years, another few weeks or months wouldn’t have mattered. Not like we sold him or sent him with a sell clause, it’s just a simple loan.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This 👆 ideally i agree but sometimes life aint like that Roma may have been desperate & said we need him now or getting someone else.
So you end up with a very unhappy AMN & miss out on a loan fee?

People lost their sh!t on here when we didnt allow him to go to Everton ffs in August. It made little sense.

Now the club agree to do something for Ainsley & get grief.
I wouldve kept him from a selfish point of view & i dont rate the player.

Arteta said you have to consider the player(s)

AMN & Balogun both needed to go on loan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This 👆 ideally i agree but sometimes life aint like that Roma may have been desperate & said we need him now or getting someone else.
So you end up with a very unhappy AMN & miss out on a loan fee?

People lost their sh!t on here when we didnt allow him to go to Everton ffs in August. It made little sense.

Now the club agree to do something nice for Ainsley & get grief.
I wouldve kept him from a selfish point of view & i dobt rate the player.
Arteta said you have to consider the player(s)
AMN & Balogun both needed to go on loan.
You say all this but he’s been sitting around for 2 years, another 4 months makes no difference. We’ve never cared about an unhappy AMN before.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we take the EPL statement about the post-ponement, Xhaka's ban didn't affect the decision. It's not mentioned as one of the reasons.

So there likely has been more covid or injuries.

"With Arsenal having fewer than the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players and one goalkeeper), the Board accepted the club’s application.

The decision is a result of a combination of COVID-19, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations. All clubs are able to apply for a postponement if COVID-19 infections are a factor in their request."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom