• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Tottenham vs Arsenal | 30th April 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I just have to ask this question to all of you, as it crossed my mind and it wasn't as easy as thought to give an answer straight away.

Would you rather get us to Europa League and Chelsea the title or claming that 4place trophy and Sp**s actually winnning it ?

Mainly hard to say as EL may be a blessing in disguise (if it doesn't hinder any target from joining us)
Anyways, it's not even a realistic scenario as both things won't happen at the same time as both depend on sunday's outcome. Yet an interesting question IMO :p

We are already guaranteed EL football next season arent we? If Man Utd win the EL then I think we may lose that 4th place CL spot (if wfinish 4th that is). I could be wrong.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate this 352.

Seems to me like we've just chucked another defender at the problem rather than learn to defend as a team.

Your second paragraph is exactly what we have done - you are right. At our core we are still a Wenger team and we look vulnerable from aerial passes, passes in behind and set pieces. This system has worked a little better though simply because we were so easy to score against that it was unsustainable.

This system won't last the course in a new season and, without doubt, Wenger needs to go at the end of this one. But its good that he has at least given us a chance of getting in the top 4 or winning the Cup, even though both are unlikely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Forget the football banter, we all know it'll all boil down to whether or not @FreakySami can watch the match.

CHOPS

I fancy us to nick this one don't know why I'm they got lucky Wednesday at Palace as did we against Leicester but I think we're going to win 1-0 or maybe 2-1 it's the last NLD at ****ehartlane so let's go out With a win!

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I just have to ask this question to all of you, as it crossed my mind and it wasn't as easy as thought to give an answer straight away.

Would you rather get us to Europa League and Chelsea the title or claming that 4place trophy and Sp**s actually winnning it ?

Mainly hard to say as EL may be a blessing in disguise (if it doesn't hinder any target from joining us)
Anyways, it's not even a realistic scenario as both things won't happen at the same time as both depend on sunday's outcome. Yet an interesting question IMO :p

Anything to stop Sp**s from winning the league, pathetic attitude really but that's how far we've fallen.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Why does Wenger boast about players he failed to sign?
he seems to think it's better to be blamed for failing to sign a player he rated than being blamed for not spotting talent in the first place

either way the Arsenal team who got away would have been world beaters

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

any ambitious player will surely not want to be on the end of a 10-2 beating in the CL, so I can't see us making the CL next season a factor in signings - better I think we carve up the EL and gain some feel good factor from European football

as for Sp**s or Chelsea as EFL champions, I don't myself get overly wound up about team rivalries - if we can't win it I don't much care

though finishing above Mourinho would give me some pleasure, I must admit

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We are already guaranteed EL football next season arent we? If Man Utd win the EL then I think we may lose that 4th place CL spot (if wfinish 4th that is). I could be wrong.

I think only if Leicester won the CL would 4th spot not qualify. They are out so whatever happens top 4 will qualify for CL, Man Utd would also qualify if they win EL.

karl

It make us solid defensively we been conceding goals for fun in last few months so change is needed even for until the end of the season.
People seem to infer that this formation stunts the attacking part of our game, but I think that depends more on individual players. The changes made for the Leicester game seemed to take us back to passing backwards and sideways. That was a lot to do with replacing Ox with Bellerin.

In the 4231 Özil was a midfielder that should have some more defensive responsibility, but it is not his game; now it is nowhere near as important.

GoonerBoy19

United and Sp**s are defensively drilled sides. I am still not sure how we will score against them. Alexis and Özil need to step up their game, specially Özil as he is not known to perform in tight and dirty games. Wanyama,Dembele, Dier etc will give them a torrid time and will try to frustrate them. Ox and Welbeck could make a difference. I hope we win.

GoonerJay24

Would just like to see the team play with passion, showing hunger to get a good result which is certainly possible when everybody's at it.

Cech
Gabriel Holding Monreal
Chamberlain Xhaka Elneny Gibbs
Özil
Welbeck Alexis

Sp**s 0 - 3 Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom