• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Tottenham vs Arsenal | 30th April 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This is the problem and we should send in the reserves when this league begins in a few weeks time.

I'm not sure the amount of games played is a problem if you are always winning. Teams in the late eighties played many more games with only one substitute. Teams that lose are just looking for excuses.

the problem for us is that we don't have athletes we have technicians

several with nagging reoccuring injuries, playing away in eatern europe on a potato farm is not good medicine

too few youngsters who want to show their skills too

I think that the EL will in the end be good for us IF we get a new manager in and get 4-5 quality signings

a new manager gets to play on the continent and form the team to his ideas and perhaps start with a title first season

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We were utterly dominated tbf. Created very little in 90 minutes and Sp**s ran out fairly comfortable winners.

That's how far we've fallen.

Had a feeling we maybe could have nicked it when we somehow got to half time without conceding, but then they just destroyed us in the second half.

On another day they would have easily put five or six past us, only have Cech and some very sloppy finishing to thank for that scoreline.

Axel9090

Saw a couple videos on AFTV about there not being a power shift. Sp**s may not have titles but there definitely has been a power shift, some people are just in denial.

Last year, it was a miracle that we ended above them. This year, 17 points off them. We havent beaten them in the league since Pochettino took over. We've drawn all those league games at the Emirates, but theyve beaten us 2 out of 3 at their ground. We've been well and truly mugged off. Its embarrassing.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Had a feeling we maybe could have nicked it when we somehow got to half time without conceding, but then they just destroyed us in the second half.

On another day they would have easily put five or six past us, only have Cech and some very sloppy finishing to thank for that scoreline.

It's eye-opening how professional they're beginning to look under Poch. In comparison, we're a disorganized rabble of strangers meeting each other 5 minutes earlier.

FreakySami

People underestimate the power of positive reinforcement. Throughout the season, everybody was against us (media are the worst, opposition fans, or own fans, aftv which carry weight on the fans) and I'm not saying this is the sole reason. It is a contributing factor. One season of failure ( not done yet, we can still win silverware and get in the top 4) is not the end of the world. It's a reason to look at ourselves internally and question ourselves and make hard decisions. Thank God we don't ask the fans to do that because 99% of the fans don't seem to know the day to day of a football club operation. They also don't understand metrics and how they are meant to evaluate progression and so on.

A lot of people talk about continuous failure over the years, but it is a complete myth. Champions league disasters in the round of 16 are inevitable until either we change our style which we just did or the referees start calling it like in the champions league and don't allow English players the freedom to be cavemen with no skill.

I am extremely disappointed and I am not afraid to say that Wenger should stay but I am also not afraid to say that if a better manager becomes available to take a gamble at him. And let me tell you right now that it is truly a gamble. Wengers team since the team sold rvp has lost the last striker he has ever built. A striker that could change games through brilliance and allow the team to defend while knowing that they always had a chance to score. It's been 4-5 summers he's tried to replace the last real lethal striker at arsenal and the team has been suffering since. I don't want to talk about the Suarez crap because I think the club did everything they could (even of they did mess up and not make sure he has a release clause) and Liverpool just didn't want to sell to a English team.

This year has been particularly hard on me because the squad isn't bad but it shows that we still weren't ready. I don't think the team has enough time to practice together and learn a new system when you play 2-3 times a week every week and only get a break when people go on international duty. That being said, we miss cazorla dearly and a more disciplined coq. In the sense that these two allowed others the freedom to play and they helped the defence immensely.

I wont continue to rant, but if it's time for the big man to go, I'd like to go see him before he leaves. Sp**s finishing above us does not man anything when there are too many issues at hand. Yes it hurts deeply but I've come to the conclusion that they don't give a rats ass about the champions league because they got thrown out early out of an easy group and got out of ccup early so they could concentrate on the league and diminish the amount of injuries. Even as I say that, they are not good reasons to finish this low and so as fans we need to man the **** up and go support the ****ing team and force them to win the rest of their matches and make the champions league.

I might seem like the eternal positive and a lot of you might think im delusional but I always thought the best way to do things is at 100% and with a fight. Do not allow anybody to step over you and take advantage. And right now, were letting our negativity, the bias Sp**s Liverpool, manu Chelsea loving media step ask over us. Not only that, we are letting the garbage referees get away with murder and what do we do??. We don't support the team. Instead ,we take it in the ass from all of those outlets and say to them "we accept everything you are saying, we accept the unfair treatment of our players and our club, we accept having the media hound our players and manager to make a few clicks and a bit of money" well, I don't.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
A long-running soap opera, once wonderful to watch, but now no longer left with anything more to narrate, and declining in ratings & viewership.

The writer-director is now so creatively-bankrupt that there is no script, no idea of where the storyline is progressing to.

Cast in leading roles after walking in off the streets, and in the absence of instructions and character sketches, the actors are instead being asked to improvise the whole thing in front of the camera.

Last edited:

Ashybashy86

Having no European football is overstated. Liverpool aren't in Europe in this season and they're probably going to miss top 4, United weren't in it in Van Gaal's first season and were nowhere close to winning the league. Having a week between matches would be meaningless without the right players/training.
It's one thing being humiliated in the CL, but the EL would be too much. With Wenger in charge, you just know it will happen.

Last edited:

Deathstroke

The Terminator
It's been 4-5 summers he's tried to replace the last real lethal striker at arsenal and the team has been suffering since.

Oh, but he did sign a replacement while RvP was already at the club. That he's been so effective that fans liken him to a lamp-post and a donkey is a different issue altogether.

This year has been particularly hard on me because the squad isn't bad but it shows that we still weren't ready. I don't think the team has enough time to practice together and learn a new system when you play 2-3 times a week every week and only get a break when people go on international duty.

WTF? What else do you think the purpose of training is? :lol:

We train 5 days a week for 45-46 weeks, the same as Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City and every other professional club in the PL, who are all seemingly able to play in different systems during the course of a season. If 10 1/2 months is not enough time to 'practice and learn together', then I don't know what to say. :rolleyes:

That being said, we miss cazorla dearly and a more disciplined coq. In the sense that these two allowed others the freedom to play and they helped the defence immensely.

And whose fault is that, if not the manager's? Cazorla had been having injury problems in recent times and there was absolutely no need for him to have played against Ludogorets and picked up his season-ender when a fresher Xhaka was available. Wenger taking such unnecessary gambles and them backfiring is nothing new. See Santos, Andre (2011).

Meanwhile, do you seriously think Coquelin is playing further forward of his own volition?

Even as I say that, they are not good reasons to finish this low and so as fans we need to man the **** up and go support the ****ing team and force them to win the rest of their matches and make the champions league.

That's literally the job of the manager and his goddamned players! Stop blaming the fans and have the bollocks to acknowledge the real culprits.

a lot of you might think im delusional but I always thought the best way to do things is at 100% and with a fight. Do not allow anybody to step over you and take advantage. And right now, were letting our negativity, the bias Sp**s Liverpool, manu Chelsea loving media step ask over us. Not only that, we are letting the garbage referees get away with murder and what do we do??. We don't support the team. Instead ,we take it in the ass from all of those outlets and say to them "we accept everything you are saying, we accept the unfair treatment of our players and our club, we accept having the media hound our players and manager to make a few clicks and a bit of money" well, I don't.

Now you've truly jumped the shark.

Last edited:

FreakySami

Oh, but he did sign a replacement while RvP was already at the club. That he's been so effective that fans liken him to a lamp-post and a donkey is a different issue altogether..

He was a stop gap for a year or two... We both know this.

WTF? :lol: We train 5 days a week for 45-46 weeks, the same as Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City and every other professional club in the PL, who are all seemingly able to play in different systems during the course of a season. If 10 1/2 months is not enough time to 'practice and learn together', then I don't know what to say. :rolleyes:

Recovery times need to be longer when you have more games and thus training is reduced, I don't seem to understand how you can't see this. Also when injuries come, you cannot be training as much either.

And whose fault is that, if not the manager's? Cazorla had been having injury problems in recent times and there was absolutely no need for him to have played against Ludogorets and picked up his season-ender when a fresher Xhaka was available (the same s**t happened with Andre Santos a few years ago when played in a dead rubber). Meanwhile, do you seriously think Coquelin is playing further forward of his own volition?

Cazorla had that injury for a while and I agree we bottled that, hence the operation and so on. Xhaka was also not fit to be honest and had no mobility. It was obvious that he needed time to work on his fitness. So I don't think it would have changed much. Actually it would have delayed cazorlas injury to the next game.

That's literally the job of the manager and his goddamned players! Stop blaming the fans and have the bollocks to acknowledge the real culprits.

Now you've truly jumped the shark.

I acknowledge it's their job, but the whole atmosphere has been **** since day 1 and you won't tell me it didn't affect the players or the manager or the staff. Positivity spreads positivity.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
He was a stop gap for a year or two... We both know this.

Speak for yourself. If he were truly a short-term buy, why is he still here after 5 years, and has been given a contract extension recently?

A stop-gap signing for 12.5m; we must've been rich!

Recovery times need to be longer when you have more games and thus training is reduced, I don't seem to understand how you can't see this. Also when injuries come, you cannot be training as much either.

Are you suggesting we have had to play more games than the rest of the English teams who played in Europe this year, like Leicester City, who went further than us in the competition, or Man City who had to play the qualifiers, unlike us?

FreakySami

Speak for yourself. If he were truly a short-term buy, why is he still here after 5 years, and has been given a contract extension recently?

A stop-gap signing for 12.5m; we must've been rich!

Are you suggesting we have had to play more games than the rest of the English teams who played in Europe this year, like Leicester City, who went further than us in the competition, or Man City who had to play the qualifiers, unlike us?

Guy was a stop gap and I wontg argue about that anymore.

Leicester has an easier group and easier round of 16 and man city are not doing as well as first thought and you know it.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We're not creating enough chances over 90 minutes and haven't for a while now. I struggle to criticise Wenger's attacking methods. For me it's clear as day we have some bang average/poor attacking talent.

Walcott, Welbeck and Giroud is an awful collective strike force tbh. Replace one of them with a world class striker and it looks a lot better.

Ox still displaying the same inconsistencies he showed at 18. Iwobi, as much as I like the lad, doesn't strike me as a potential world beater. Then you have the likes of Lucas, who is clearly a goalscorer but isn't gonna win games by himself.

We have Özil and Alexis, then the drop after them is far too steep. When Alexis and Özil started passing the ball between themselves we looked a top class attacking team :lol:. Then you get overlapping runs from Gibbs and Ox and it all becomes a bit "meh." Could do with a Santi or even a Rosicky to compliment them a bit.

Summer clearout should be a priority. I don't think defensively - quality wise - we're that bad. We have the likes of Szczesny and Chambers to come back too. Up top we're struggling. Need an injection of genuine quality. Most our attackers aren't good enough. Point, blank, period.

Last edited:

Bradpiff

People underestimate the power of positive reinforcement. Throughout the season, everybody was against us (media are the worst, opposition fans, or own fans, aftv which carry weight on the fans) and I'm not saying this is the sole reason. It is a contributing factor. One season of failure ( not done yet, we can still win silverware and get in the top 4) is not the end of the world. It's a reason to look at ourselves internally and question ourselves and make hard decisions. Thank God we don't ask the fans to do that because 99% of the fans don't seem to know the day to day of a football club operation. They also don't understand metrics and how they are meant to evaluate progression and so on.

A lot of people talk about continuous failure over the years, but it is a complete myth. Champions league disasters in the round of 16 are inevitable until either we change our style which we just did or the referees start calling it like in the champions league and don't allow English players the freedom to be cavemen with no skill.

I am extremely disappointed and I am not afraid to say that Wenger should stay but I am also not afraid to say that if a better manager becomes available to take a gamble at him. And let me tell you right now that it is truly a gamble. Wengers team since the team sold rvp has lost the last striker he has ever built. A striker that could change games through brilliance and allow the team to defend while knowing that they always had a chance to score. It's been 4-5 summers he's tried to replace the last real lethal striker at arsenal and the team has been suffering since. I don't want to talk about the Suarez crap because I think the club did everything they could (even of they did mess up and not make sure he has a release clause) and Liverpool just didn't want to sell to a English team.

This year has been particularly hard on me because the squad isn't bad but it shows that we still weren't ready. I don't think the team has enough time to practice together and learn a new system when you play 2-3 times a week every week and only get a break when people go on international duty. That being said, we miss cazorla dearly and a more disciplined coq. In the sense that these two allowed others the freedom to play and they helped the defence immensely.

I wont continue to rant, but if it's time for the big man to go, I'd like to go see him before he leaves. Sp**s finishing above us does not man anything when there are too many issues at hand. Yes it hurts deeply but I've come to the conclusion that they don't give a rats ass about the champions league because they got thrown out early out of an easy group and got out of ccup early so they could concentrate on the league and diminish the amount of injuries. Even as I say that, they are not good reasons to finish this low and so as fans we need to man the **** up and go support the ****ing team and force them to win the rest of their matches and make the champions league.

I might seem like the eternal positive and a lot of you might think im delusional but I always thought the best way to do things is at 100% and with a fight. Do not allow anybody to step over you and take advantage. And right now, were letting our negativity, the bias Sp**s Liverpool, manu Chelsea loving media step ask over us. Not only that, we are letting the garbage referees get away with murder and what do we do??. We don't support the team. Instead ,we take it in the ass from all of those outlets and say to them "we accept everything you are saying, we accept the unfair treatment of our players and our club, we accept having the media hound our players and manager to make a few clicks and a bit of money" well, I don't.

LooooL fully indoctrinated into Arsène logic don't even know where to begin with this mess

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Having no European football is overstated. Liverpool aren't in Europe in this season and they're probably going to miss top 4, United weren't in it in Van Gaal's first season and were nowhere close to winning the league. Having a week between matches would be meaningless without the right players/training.

We had a 12 day break going into the Liverpool game at Anfield and the first half was one of the most disjointed performances we had put it all season. Players looked like they met each other for the first time that morning.

Wiltshire

Because the performances aren't poor, he's declining but he's still well ahead everyone else we have and one of the pillars of this team

Koscielny is still the difference between crawling to an ugly 1-0 win and losing 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom