• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford v Arsenal | October 14 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The no balls/bottle line is dragged out whenever we lose, it’s pathetic punditary. We might not have it the way the likes of Lauren/Keown did but it is there in a lot of players, as we’ve seen before.

Yep, go to line when we lose, particularly away. Not enough characters, lack of leadership etc.

It's true to an extent. But **** me, everywhere I look I'm seeing that alien looking **** Troy Deeney talking about us. Have yous seen how much he's lapped up this win?

He came off the bench, scored a penalty against a keeper who is incapable of saving one and "put himself about a bit." Now he's turned into a part time footballer, part time pundit.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Deeney is being pathetic, all he did was score a penalty he didn't even win yet he's acting as if he manhandled our defense. I'm pissed with our performance but Watford got all 3 points because of questionable officiating. Sit down Troy, you're as irrelevant a footballer as they come.
How many seasons are we going to use this excuse? Against Watford!!! We should have been 2-0 up by the end of the first half. We're our own worst enemy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The media (non) reaction to Deeney's comments is interesting. Can only imagine how they'd react if an Arsenal player went on TV to talk about how opposing teams can't compete with this team footballing wise because they're rubbish technically or something like that.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What gets me is how long they cover decisions that go against our opposition (see very minor Özil handball in the middle of the field a couple games ago where they wouldn't shut up about it) yet skip over blatantly poor decisions against us (see obvious Richarlison dive after Bellerin's foot slightly touches his as they both make an attempt for the ball). They can **** right of with that, suddenly the latter wasn't reviewed 100 times by the pundits.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
We are unlucky to a certain degree but we still did not play the greatest. This isn't the first time we have seen this therefore it's hard for others to side with our team and it seems if your not for Arsenal your against us.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The bloke from Brighton was giving it to us the week before about how we seem vulnerable from set pieces using Chelsea and Cahill as a comparison :lol:. Please one look at the stats for last season ....

Let people talk , it's irrelevant . Team knows what they need to work on . They'll keep chipping away .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What gets me is how long they cover decisions that go against our opposition (see very minor Özil handball in the middle of the field a couple games ago where they wouldn't shut up about it) yet skip over blatantly poor decisions against us (see obvious Richarlison dive after Bellerin's foot slightly touches his as they both make an attempt for the ball). They can **** right of with that, suddenly the latter wasn't reviewed 100 times by the pundits.

Listen to the difference in narrative when Deeney was offside to when Lacazette was deemed off against Stoke .

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Richarlison will not face any further action after he was awarded a penalty for diving during his match against Arsenal. I didn't see an off side for the second goal, but that was a dive if ever I saw one and I think every pundit, commentator around agreed.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
But didn't it ping about a bit after that, hitting Per, then Per was on the floor by the Goal line playing him on side? I'm sure when he took that shot Per was on the floor.
edit: He wasn't on the floor, but he was stood there before the shot came in, and it had come off Per, I think they thought it was hand ball.

Double edit: You mean before it comes back for the shot, Yes, dubious and the line shows he is. Damn them, damn them all!!!!:mad: Still should have put the game to bed long before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Fallout

player performance issues aside...

when you look, over a long span of time, at all the decisions that go against us in both boxes, it's hard to conclude that referees are honest. so reluctant to give us pens, yet so eager to call them against us.

honestly, i dont watch enough games of other big clubs to determine whether this is an arsenal issue or, rather, one that all the big clubs face. but from watching our games, there is certainly an appetite to give us a hard time and make us "earn" our wins.

as a fanbase, we've come to expect nothing from referees. and so the narrative has become: we need to win games despite what the referees do. that simply isn't a fair standard to hold anyone to.

we lost the game, 33% because we were trash, and 66% because of the referee. without that penalty call, we probably see the game out. lets not paint the wrong picture of the outcome just because we have grown accustomed to a biased standard of officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom