• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford v Arsenal | October 14 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Slightly bemused at the reaction Deeney is getting. Thought it was great having a pro on tv actually giving their own insight and opinions rather than the standard media-coached gush.

Don’t think he was disrespectful at all - guy’s an Arsenal fan and I agreed with every word he said.

He's not saying anything that hasn't been said before. What irked me is how much he enjoyed sticking the knife in.

He said the team didn't have any balls, our centre backs are basically pussies and even questioned our gaffer, despite saying he wasn't one to "tell Wenger about himself."

**** him. He's not even a starter at Watford and his best work has come in the Championship. It's funny how every player who criticises us becomes a media darling.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Let me give you a reality check. The truth is, we cannot compete financially, we cannot compete in the scouting department and we cannot fire managers left and right. And so we do can because the **** owner doesn't give a ****.

Oh by the way, if we could just have the team healthy for more than 1 week a season, it would be ducking fantastic. The manager listens to his medical staff. What else do you want him to do but that. His problem is giving a **** about the club emotionally. I wish he never did because he would slash a few people but he doesn't.

We are in a big hole and it didn't start 3 years ago, it started 8-9 years ago and I'm not talking about the manager
The Sp**s wage bill is half of ours and they're a better team than we are. Leicester won the league the season before last. Your entire post is pathetic. Give it up Arsène. Zee jig is up.

FreakySami

The Sp**s wage bill is half of ours and they're a better team than we are. Leicester won the league the season before last. Your entire post is pathetic. Give it up Arséne. Zee jig is up.
Don't bother answering my posts please. You don't want to try and analyze it from any other perspective but a negative one. Let's not bother replying to each other. It just wastes our time

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I think it's fair for you to say that because you don't see me criticize the manager which I do but I don't usually do it online because I see people that are only negative in an extreme way and I'm baffled by their negativity and so I don't post it. This doesn't mean my comment up top isn't valid.

I think he could have put wilshere for Kos and switched to 4 at the back like in the first game of the season. It would have help with the shape and soften their wide play
Not really sure what to make of your claim that you only criticize Wenger in person, but I’m glad you’ll at least admit there were issues this weekend (though we’re still working on admission of long term culpability).
Only fair to say that you along with the fa don't give a **** about bring fair to arsenal as long as it sells. They don't give a **** about England in the world cup or player development because they keep letting the game being refereed the way it is. If they cared about any of that, they would force their referees to actually ref the Continental way or champions league way. But they don't care as long as it sells.

On the arsenal subject, we changed styles 3-4 years ago where it was obvious we needed more structure because we were losing games and getting Superstar players (2) and not developing our own. We can't even get youngsters anymore to join us because as soon as we sniff around , we get outbid.

Let me give you a reality check. The truth is, we cannot compete financially, we cannot compete in the scouting department and we cannot fire managers left and right. And so we do can because the **** owner doesn't give a ****.

Oh by the way, if we could just have the team healthy for more than 1 week a season, it would be ducking fantastic. The manager listens to his medical staff. What else do you want him to do but that. His problem is giving a **** about the club emotionally. I wish he never did because he would slash a few people but he doesn't.

We are in a big hole and it didn't start 3 years ago, it started 8-9 years ago and I'm not talking about the manager
If financials were the end-all be all, we’d (by a wide margin) have been the most stastically likely ‘outsider’ to mount a credible title challenge in the post-Abramovich era, as our wage bills have been more dissimilar to the rest of the league’s than to the financial giants. Yet that hasn’t materialized — Liverpool and Sp**s (2x) have made far more tangible pushes, and Leicester won the damn thing by 10 points.

Either we’ve lived though an extended period of highly irregular statistical noise, or there’s something wrong with the tactical and transfer approach.

FreakySami

Not really sure what to make of your claim that you only criticize Wenger in person, but I’m glad you’ll at least admit there were issues this weekend (though we’re still working on admission of long term culpability).

If financials were the end-all be all, we’d (by a wide margin) have been the most stastically likely ‘outsider’ to mount a credible title challenge in the post-Abramovich era, as our wage bills have been more dissimilar to the rest of the league’s than to the financial giants. Yet that hasn’t materialized — Liverpool and Sp**s (2x) have made far more tangible pushes, and Leicester won the damn thing by 10 points.

Either we’ve lived though an extended period of highly irregular statistical noise, or there’s something wrong with the tactical and transfer approach.

I don't have much time do I'll just touch the second part of your post.

I think on average we have done great in the past seasons. Might have gotten the enough points on average but the problem is that you cannot truly rely on that to win titles. You require higher volatility in terms of performances over the years. In other words, some years you will be terrible and other years you'll win it or mount a good challenge. This requires financial sacrifice because you have to accept not making cl potentially and losing out on players and having a model that allows you to be more flexible.So how would you do that?
My guess is that you need to take a hit for a season, rework the contract situations of all the players and get rid of what you doing now need/want and re structure from there.

I'll continue my post another time. But it sucks we are in this hole but no choice right now. Let's deal with it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think on average we have done great in the past seasons. Might have gotten the enough points on average but the problem is that you cannot truly rely on that to win titles. You require higher volatility in terms of performances over the years. In other words, some years you will be terrible and other years you'll win it or mount a good challenge. This requires financial sacrifice because you have to accept not making cl potentially and losing out on players and having a model that allows you to be more flexible.So how would you do that?

By sending a clear message that either you finish 1st, or you are trash? That no one cares about the "stability" which Wenger brags about all the time?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's not saying anything that hasn't been said before. What irked me is how much he enjoyed sticking the knife in.

He said the team didn't have any balls, our centre backs are basically pussies and even questioned our gaffer, despite saying he wasn't one to "tell Wenger about himself."

**** him. He's not even a starter at Watford and his best work has come in the Championship. It's funny how every player who criticises us becomes a media darling.

Pretty sure the week before he said to Wrighty on air he is looking to join the media after football . End of the day it's all just a sideshow and entertainment means nothing . You don't beat Chelsea in a final with no balls . Think more important we have to look at how we lost momentum in the 15 mins and never got it back .

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What irked me is how much he enjoyed sticking the knife in.

Exactly this.

Don't mind Keane and Neville etc.. ripping us to bits, they look exasperated with us sometimes - wondering why the same faults haven't been fixed for years

Got no issue with the concept of what Deeny said, generally agree TBH

It's the way he said it and the fact he was shaking the players hands 60 seconds before.

As I've said before, at the start of it all he hesitated and said something like "I shouldn't really say this...."

Of course we had balls to beat Chelsea in the cup. But after a while a team becomes a reflection of its manager, in general the players don't stand a chance on the "balls" front TBH :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Exactly this.

Don't mind Keane and Neville etc.. ripping us to bits, they look exasperated with us sometimes - wondering why the same faults haven't been fixed for years

Got no issue with the concept of what Deeny said, generally agree TBH

It's the way he said it and the fact he was shaking the players hands 60 seconds before.

As I've said before, at the start of it all he hesitated and said something like "I shouldn't really say this...."

Of course we had balls to beat Chelsea in the cup. But after a while a team becomes a reflection of its manager, in general the players don't stand a chance on the "balls" front TBH :)

Wenga got plenty of balls mate though mate . Brass ****ers .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hold on. Wait a minute. Martin Keown was right next to Deeny. He did all but explicitly agree with him :lol:

66% of the loss was down to the ref?.....not havin that at all. Soon after Özil and Giroud came on we were in retreat, inviting attack. This is not a team that comfortably closes a 1-0 scoreline out on a regular basis in a professional manner.

66% of the loss was down to Özil & Bellerins misses + overall lack of creativity more like!

I do think Deeny crossed a line of courtesy to his fellow pros and should be kicked all the way down the Holloway road. He damn well knew it too, because he hesitated before he said the words.

His words should be printed on a 33ft x 18 ft poster and pinned up in the Emirates dressing room wall. He did us a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom