PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Sep 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

Result

1. Watford win

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Draw

11 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Arsenal win

69 vote(s)
    81.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyf

billyf Active Member

No, we are not going to play with ten men. The manager could pick someone else from the current roaster or the u23 squad.

2. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Potentially, but Quique Flores has managed Watford before and ended up getting the sack. A few of Watford’s players will have already played under him and so may be a bit unenthused- who knows?!

Either way we should be looking to win this one. We just need to be proactive and impose ourselves on the game- we have better players from top to bottom.

celestis likes this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

You honestly believe a youngster is going to be better than AMN? Pull the other one, mate. Which youngster. Please advise. You seem to have this figured out but refuse to name someone...

4. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Oh just because it's about as long a wait to watch us again as they could have made it

Tourbillion likes this.
  5. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

Torreira (Knock), Xhaka (Achilles injury) and Willock (calf inflammation) all injured during international break. Funny how we have 3 injuries and all in the same position. I hope and think one will be ready.

Red London likes this.
  6. Xanth

Xanth Active Member

Aside from that fluke defeat in the FA cup which was mainly due to us missing good chances, we ****ted Flores' Watford that season. Expecting more of the same this weekend.

7. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Willock was withdrawn prior to the international break as a precaution based on that (inflammation). Could be a reason why he didn't play in the NLD.

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

People think you can just pluck youngsters out of u23 and they’ll be better than experience players that been in the top flight for years.

If you think Xhaka and Mustafi are bad wait until you see Johnny Youngman from the u23’s going up against Salah and Mane.

Token Yank, Symbia, OSBK and 3 others like this.
  9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

If Torreira, Willock and Xhaka are all unavailable I’d go with a three of Guendouzi, Ceballos and Chambers.

That’s still enough to control the game imo.

Symbia likes this.
  10. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

I don’t think any of them are serious. They will all probably be fit by Sunday

11. Emeryates

Emeryates Just Here For Heccy

Watford will win hopefully. End of the Emery era, and we get Allegri

12. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Apparently Willock will be fine for the game against Watford. I don’t know about Xhaka and Torreira but hopefully not too serious because I’m not sure I want to see a Guendouzi-Cellabos pivot against Doucoure.

#254 Well-Known Member

Oh men! That is so uncool! Sometimes I wish there was a dislike button:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  14. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Xhaka is injured?

[​IMG]

Tourbillion, Sapient Hawk and North5 like this.
  15. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter when the end result is the same.

James Bond likes this.
  16. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Swap the fullbacks out for Tierlerin, drop in some reliable centrebacks, and not only do you have a team capable of winning this game, but you also have a team that doesn't look out of place alongside the top two. Hell ....I'd say you have a team that is capable of marching to 10 Downing Street and solving the Brexit crisis in an afternoon.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  17. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Considering our mids are fit I want to see:
    Torreira at the base, sitting next to Guendouzi. And then either Willock or Ceballos in front. It’s hard to choose.

I don’t think a midfield 3 of Guendouzi Willock and Ceballos would be balanced or experienced enough to hold its own.

Just no Xhaka, I am now also completely fed up of the ****

Tourbillion likes this.
  18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Torreira has a long flight back from the States. Not sure he'll be starting.

19. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Or fat Sam.

20. ggunner12345

ggunner12345 Active Member

if Xhaka is out I think Sokratis will be captain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.