• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Today was ****ing shocking. Awful, awful, awful. We were only spared because we've got a class striker who buries most of his chances, otherwise it could have been even more of a ****show.

Everyone was **** bar Auba and arguably Ceballos.

And this tactic of playing it round the back from a GK is terrifyingly stupid, let's just bin that.

Wryer

Tactically, there was a shocking lack of structure and defensive awareness in the midfield even in the first half. It was so easy to get pass the mids without any effort. I know we haven't exactly been convincing in that respect, but the game was absolutely a whole new low.

Zero, big fat zero structure and awareness.

And as much as I don't rate Xhaka highly, this is on Unai and his coaching team. No excuses.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I agree, I think the players are to blame as well, however not chance you can forgive the manager, he wants them to persist with it and they do, hopefully they start ignoring him n its the beginning of the end. I honestly cant believe what im seeing atm
I'll say it again. The players are not robots. The manager doesn't have to tell you everything. The player is on the field. We almost conceded twice before the goal eventually came and you're telling me that you as a player would need the manager to tell you to not play it short anymore? If that's the case then we really are in deep ****.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Tactically, there was a shocking lack of structure and defensive awareness in the midfield even in the first half. It was so easy to get pass the mids without any effort. I know we haven't exactly been convincing in that respect, but the game was absolutely a whole new low.

Zero, big fat zero structure and awareness.

And as much as I don't rate Xhaka highly, this is on Unai and his coaching team. No excuses.
We dont defend as a unit. I heard the commentators asking why our widemen aren't going towards Watford's fullbacks when they had a goal kick. Simple things like that we can't get right

zilfy

I don't see why people are trying to blame either just the coach or just the players.
It's clear the horror show is down to both the coach AND the players. Everyone should feel embarrassed, especially unai

zilfy

So embarrassing in fact I think the club should refund the tickets for the faithful fans who travelled to see the game and had to witness that traumatic experience. Spare a thought

NZgunner

we were lucky to get a point in the end - I don't remember the Watford keeper having to make a save in the 2nd half whereas Leno seemed to make one every 2 or 3 minutes

very poor substitutions - Willock and Nelson were embarrassingly bad and not the players to help close out a game when we're under pressure

I'll be watching the Frankfurt game part way through a 17 hour flight from Auckland to Dubai (Emirates stream it live during the flight) - I hope they don't sit me next to the emergency exit ...

LGooner98

Emery : "We have young players, we are working to improve and they will gain experience from matches like today."

Papa and Luiz are not young

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
When you are getting out played by a team who were standing 20th in the league table there is something wrong and specially in away games this is getting on for ages.

In every position we have the better players but getting out played the way Watford did we will never finish top 4.

28 shots compared to our 7 just tells the whole story it just looked like Liverpool-Arsenal or City-Arsenal.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I'd love to know who was scared or even nervous.

ClassicBlackCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Emery : "We have young players, we are working to improve and they will gain experience from matches like today."

Papa and Luiz are not young

My god Emery Luiz 32 Sokratis 31 Kolasinac 26 Özil 30 Auba 30 Pepe 24 how can you tell they are young he is living in his own world.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'll say it again. The players are not robots. The manager doesn't have to tell you everything. The player is on the field. We almost conceded twice before the goal eventually came and you're telling me that you as a player would need the manager to tell you to not play it short anymore? If that's the case then we really are in deep ****.
Sensible post at last. Sokratis booted the ball long numerous times, this particular time he had a brain fart and passed to an opposition player. That’s not on Emery. That’s how he is. It’s been coming all last season and again the last couple of weeks. The manager does his work during the week but can do nothing about mistakes like this. Luiz is just as bad. Who can’t see this.

And our midfield is simply not good enough. Douzi is some talent and will come good. But at 20 he’s still learning and yesterday was a game too far. Xhaka has always been suspect, too slow in delivering the ball, liable to brain farts and poor awareness. Torreira is a lightweight. Willock is still work in progress.

And until we get the backbone of a defence with a solid reliable DM and two CBs to match it doesn’t matter who the manager is.

Our attacking options with Ceballos, Özil, Auba, Pepe and Laca can match any team in Europe. Behind them is poor.

We are still a Ferrari pulling a caravan.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sensible post at last. Sokratis booted the ball long numerous times, this particular time he had a brain fart and passed to an opposition player. That’s not on Emery. That’s how he is. It’s been coming all last season and again the last couple of weeks. The manager does his work during the week but can do nothing about mistakes like this. Luiz is just as bad. Who can’t see this.

And our midfield is simply not good enough. Douzi is some talent and will come good. But at 20 he’s still learning and yesterday was a game too far. Xhaka has always been suspect, too slow in delivering the ball, liable to brain farts and poor awareness. Torreira is a lightweight. Willock is still work in progress.

And until we get the backbone of a defence with a solid reliable DM and two CBs to match it doesn’t matter who the manager is.

Our attacking options with Ceballos, Özil, Auba, Pepe and Laca can match any team in Europe. Behind them is poor.

We are still a Ferrari pulling a caravan.

Jesus, did you get high before posting? It was Watford, not some elite European team. Emery had more than enough at his disposal to win that game.

But sure, let’s carry on playing the violin for him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wenger won numerous cups you bastards treated him like utter ****e

This is karma

Even those who wanted him out, and there are many, including me, acknowledge that he was the greatest Arsenal manager of all time. Fvck you with your Karma bollocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom