• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sokratis booted the ball long several times from his own box, they don’t always play out of the back. It’s nonsense. If he needs a manager to hold his hand and tell him when to boot it and when to play it, he’s sub par. The one time he should have booted it he passed it straight to the opposition.

And our midfield is simply not good enough. Douzi is a talent but still learning, Xhaka has been a problem for a while . . too slow, not aware enough, sell, sell, Torreira is lightweight and Willock not proven. This is not a top 4 midfield. It falls apart under pressure.

People are upset because they were excited about this transfer window. This window was 5/10 at best.

Ewarwoowar

Ainsley seemed to be scared to tackle Deulofeu. What I would have done for Lauren type yesterday to put a firm challenge in to let him know you there.
I would prefer one of the midfield or even Pepe to risk a yellow in that sense, our right side was gaping, AMN isolated Delefou had time to draw tackles(lunges) and lay off other players for fun, Ainsley on a yellow would have been a slaughter.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I would prefer one of the midfield or even Pepe to risk a yellow in that sense, our right side was gaping, AMN isolated Delefou had time to draw tackles(lunges) and lay off other players for fun, Ainsley on a yellow would have been a slaughter.

It was slaughter even with out one

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sokratis booted the ball long several times from his own box, they don’t always play out of the back. It’s nonsense. If he needs a manager to hold his hand and tell him when to boot it and when to play it, he’s sub par. The one time he should have booted it he passed it straight to the opposition.

And our midfield is simply not good enough. Douzi is a talent but still learning, Xhaka has been a problem for a while . . too slow, not aware enough, sell, sell, Torreira is lightweight and Willock not proven. This is not a top 4 midfield. It falls apart under pressure.

People are upset because they were excited about this transfer window. This window was 5/10 at best.
We addressed much of the positions we need we needed a winger we got one we needed midfielder to replace ramsey we got player similar to him we got much needed LB we could've done better than Luiz but he hasn't been the problem the problem in my opinion between emery and his players there clear lack of understanding

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Deulofeu is ****ing **** and a failure at every club he was before watford. We allowed a fast player to run at Ainsley 1v1 20 god damn times in one half. And still he did not score. Give me Pepe 1v1 20 times vs a Watford defender for **** sake and lets see what happens. But no, that doesn not happen because they are set up to not let that happen while we are set up to **** ourselves in the ass.
He missed that far post by a whisker several times. He had AMN and Sokratis on toast.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Also bar the Sokratis mistake.

Any defence is likely to concede or give away a penalty under 45 minutes of concerted pressure from a premier league club. I nowthink the midfield/team structure in general is not good enough. We're just expecting them to do to much.

Yep. They completely dominated us after their first goal. They had something like 65% of the ball and were basically camped in our half.

2-D3-E4794-7362-4-A8-D-97-A0-D4-E3004-F3-CAC.png

845-D4-AFD-D0-B1-42-F1-AE07-53-A9-A25-D205-A.png

Ewarwoowar

It was slaughter even with out one
Sure was, my point stands, he was isolated, neither Pepe or Özil are geared to help him out, Bellerin would have struggled too, as he has in the past in similar situations. Also agree with posts about how narrow we were enabling big holes and if our left wing was more adventurous going forward maybe Watford would have had pause for thought on that side instead of them overloading on the right and outnumbering us

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We addressed much of the positions we need we needed a winger we got one we needed midfielder to replace ramsey we got player similar to him we got much needed LB we could've done better than Luiz but he hasn't been the problem the problem in my opinion between emery and his players there clear lack of understanding
That’s one narrative Yousif. Liverpool spent a fortune transforming their spine and it worked.

Our spine is still weak and we didn’t address it. While you have Xhaka in front of Sokratis and Luiz we’re sitting ducks.

Neither Emery, Klopp, Pep or Allegri can fix that with whatever system they played.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
don't blame sokratis, it's clear he's under team orders. only thing I'm not happy about is that there was zero leadership. Leno shouldve told everyone F'off and took a long goal kick. Even many City and Barca have done this when they've been utlra pressed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If you buy donkeys, they’ll make an ass of the manager.
I dont think weve donkeys. Well some. But certainly not that bad as we saw in the second half. The noises coming out from the media are not surprising given what we saw.

I refuse to accept we've a squad as bad as we are seeing. And refuse to accept we dont have a better midfielder than Xhaka.

There are no patterns of play. We play out from the back with no purpose. This is now firmly Emerys team and it is not clicking. Very worrying.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Under Wenger players were supposedly told to just go and do their thing.

Under Emery players are supposedly under such strict instructions they’re not allowed to think for themselves.

Neither true of course. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I dont think weve donkeys. Well some. But certainly not that bad as we saw in the second half. The noises coming out from the media are not surprising given what we saw.

I refuse to accept we've a squad as bad as we are seeing. And refuse to accept we dont have a better midfielder than Xhaka.

There are no patterns of play. We play out from the back with no purpose. This is now firmly Emerys team and it is not clicking. Very worrying.
If he’d been responsible for the transfer window this summer, I’d agree. Else he’s having to make do, like every other manager in the league that haven’t got the Liverpool or City squads.

And there are plenty of patterns of play. It’s Wenger criticism all over again, with a twist.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Interesting recycling pattern here. It took Özil to unlock them, but he doesn’t get an assist, or much credit.

Gursha

The midfield doesnt know how to play what Emery tries to instill, does even he knows how to do it? im not sure...

Against such high pressure, once you break it 2-4 times they will just stop doing it... cause committing as they did comes with a risk. if they break the first line of press you cancel 4-5 players with simple movement and 2 passes... then the attack is very dangerous and your defense can be outnumbered.

The thing is that until you show them you can break it, the pressure only intensified, and with the crowed support, they give it all ( plus they know how weak mentality arsenal have. thats our reputation these days. you just want it more and our players will cry to the ref and publish a bounce back article, no biggie for them).

I dont think we once managed to break that pressure in 45 minutes... its exponential...

The saddest thing about yesterday is that i wrote almost the same post regarding the liverpool game.... but at least there we know its one of the best teams in europe in doing so, so lacking the quality to deal with them was acceptable...
but yesterday? a struggling bottom of the table watford... do we lack the quality to deal with them?
I think not... thats why i accept and agree the huge emery criticism after the match.... cause its rightly so...
Not sure he can motivate, essssplaiinnnn or even knows how to play from the back like Barca, City, Liverpool etc...
might be too big for him...

Gursha

It's really not. Norwich was playing out of City's press much better than we did against Watford and no one can say Norwich have the better players for doing that.
Its the one touch passing and movement... we have none... the ball reaches Xhaka or Matteo and stops... you barely see one touches, they dont understand/trust each other... Norwich played with confidence and took risks.
Our midfield is scared... they dont trust each other or themselves to play like that... so they search the safest option, the most open player... and that takes few extra touches... and then the options are already closed...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's really not. Norwich was playing out of City's press much better than we did against Watford and no one can say Norwich have the better players for doing that.

This is what I keep saying , have seen over the years plenty of teams play out the back better than this team which much lesser personnel .

I mean look at the way we do it , no one really understands why they are doing what they are doing . It's just going through the motions .

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Its the one touch passing and movement... we have none... the ball reaches Xhaka or Matteo and stops... you barely see one touches, they dont understand/trust each other... Norwich played with confidence and took risks.
Our midfield is scared... they dont trust each other or themselves to play like that... so they search the safest option, the most open player... and that takes few extra touches... and then the options are already closed...
That’s because Xhaka can’t think quickly enough. He’s been the same for years. Not sure why the club can’t see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom