• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: West Ham 1 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 1st May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just want to say, what a performance from Mike Dean.

If that's his last match of ours as a ref, he went out brilliantly 👊
Yeah diving incident involving Bowen was handled well by him. I think he's been the best ref this season. If he'd decided to stay on, I think might still have 5 good years in him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Liverpool are due an off day. I won’t be surprised to see Sp**s pull off a shock win at Anfield, then lose at home to Burnley.

I also won’t be surprised if we bottle it against Leeds then win the NLD.

I genuinely don’t think it will be decided until the final day. Chelsea are in it now too.
I am with you. Think this can go either way and Chelsea most likely are in it now also with Sp**s and us. Crazy season, but glad we are the chase again. Like the core of younger players we have now. Think we can only improve as time goes by.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah diving incident involving Bowen was handled well by him. I think he's been the best ref this season. If he'd decided to stay on, I think might still have 5 good years in him.

You don't appreciate legends/characters like him, until they are gone.

Hopefully when he does retire, they put him on a FIFA cover...would be the best game in that series, like the GOAT Pro Evo with Collina!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Heard a pundit from West Ham thinking it should be a red on Ramsdale. Our players are now getting shouts for reds from pundits without even making contact... Totally absurd how different many want us to be refereed to how they want other teams to be refereed. :facepalm:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Very good.

And if (god forbid) we somehow lost the last four games of the season.

When I look onto the battlefield am I still going to see you there, fighting or will you be missing in action?
Look at my message count. I spend too much time on A-M. So chances are that is a yes... ;) Now, how is that for a battlecry?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
oh people people....

5pts advantage over Sp**s before the derby AIN'T happening.

we are due to EPL to make sure it wont be more then 3 pts difference as the derby kicks off.

Riou

Heard a pundit from West Ham thinking it should be a red on Ramsdale. Our players are now getting shouts for reds from pundits without even making contact... Totally absurd how different many want us to be refereed to how they want other teams to be refereed. :facepalm:

"Attempted contact" ...

sideshow-bob-attempted-murder.gif

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
It happened to Xhaka in the first Man City game. So, people think its only right that it happens to us again even though nobody else gets a red for it.

:facepalm:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
His form declined before Nuno came into the team tho
Are we talking the Xhaka experiments time 🤢

Always think he has had dips in form but same with White, same with Tierney, same with Tomiyasu but when they're all playing together they're very consistent and can dig each other out of the holes they create

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
But tbf mate the level we think he is and could be, he should be strolling around like VVD against west ham. He isnt playing against top attacking players, he should be bullying that front line.
He had some nice tackles and interceptions I thought. I genuinely think hes developing to be bettter over time, reminds me of Koscielny early days, bit inconsistent at times but you can see the quality in most matches. Having to help cover for Tavares isnt easy and Im not sure how it could be done unless you are a VVD etc.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just want to say, what a performance from Mike Dean.

If that's his last match of ours as a ref, he went out brilliantly 👊

It happened to Xhaka in the first Man City game. So, people think its only right that it happens to us again even though nobody else gets a red for it.

:facepalm:
Think the fact that fans, the club and Arteta have leaned on the referees more actively is helping. Still miles to go, but at least yesterday we were not actively ****ed over by Dean, which is an improvements. Pundits like Michael Carrick will of course still do their best to try to favour other teams, but that is par for the course in English media.

Riou

Was looking at the Arseblog ratings for this game.

The score the players got don't really matter, but the pictures they used got me laughing...

Gabriel...

player-images%2Fgabriel-1599556398641png.png

But especially Cedric...

player-images%2Fsoares1608676309744png.png

🤣

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Are we talking the Xhaka experiments time 🤢

Always think he has had dips in form but same with White, same with Tierney, same with Tomiyasu but when they're all playing together they're very consistent and can dig each other out of the holes they create

I'm thinking longer, there was a period when he was incredibly solid but even when we were winning I remember him being unconvincing. I'm not overly worried tho.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I'm thinking longer, there was a period when he was incredibly solid but even when we were winning I remember him being unconvincing. I'm not overly worried tho.
Yeah, he always seemed to have a mistake in him. Was very consistent for a while and then they creeped back in, might be new baby + brazil call up and the distraction all that brings. I think hell turn in to a fantastic defender in the next year if we can play a consistent back 4.

D

Deleted member 102404

Massive result when not playing well.
We must now keep our composure in the Leeds game and not let the NLD enter our heads.
When we play against Leeds we may well be in a position to go 4/5 points clear.
Fingers crossed Liverpool don't slip up in their title race.

Riou

Man, that's an easy straight red for Ramsdale if he connects...but he didn't, so we move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom