• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: West Ham 1 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 1st May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just want to say, what a performance from Mike Dean.

If that's his last match of ours as a ref, he went out brilliantly 👊

It happened to Xhaka in the first Man City game. So, people think its only right that it happens to us again even though nobody else gets a red for it.

:facepalm:
Think the fact that fans, the club and Arteta have leaned on the referees more actively is helping. Still miles to go, but at least yesterday we were not actively ****ed over by Dean, which is an improvements. Pundits like Michael Carrick will of course still do their best to try to favour other teams, but that is par for the course in English media.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
@Dokaka what did he tweet?

Genuinely don't know.

Genuinely the dumbest controversy in recent memory.

Screenshot-2021-03-26-at-12.31.21-e1616761987866.png

He tweeted this a decade ago when he was 15, in a completely different social climate. He also apologized profusely for it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
That stat that popped up at the start of the match...Arsenal having played like 40 games this season so far, with West Ham being on 50-ish.

This better not ever happen again, we should ALWAYS be in Europe.
Not having European matches or even a decent cup run as a fan and viewer has been really dull and disheartening something I never want to experience again. During international breaks and due to Covid rescheduling there were times where we didn’t have a single fixture for2-3 weeks or played just a couple of matches in a month.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I missed the match. How did we look? It blows my mind seeing an El Neny highlight where he blasts a 30-40m pass ahead to Nketiah. Looks like a new signing.. :lol:

A very nice gritty performance, one you look back on proudly at the end of the season.

Arteta making the players play above their normal levels, as usual!

Riou

Actually...

This match reminded me of our late run in 2012-2013, when I think we won 9 and drew 1 of our last 10 games to clinch 4th ahead of Sp**s... hopefully this season has a similar ending.

Just very professionally picking up the needed points, even felt a little unbeatable at that point in 2013...just kept digging results out, no matter what.

D

Deleted member 102404

Actually...

This match reminded me of our late run in 2012-2013, when I think we won 9 and drew 1 of our last 10 games to clinch 4th ahead of Sp**s... hopefully this season has a similar ending.

Just very professionally picking up the needed points, even felt a little unbeatable at that point in 2013...just kept digging results out, no matter what.

Fingers crossed.
Still have a feeling we will need Liverpool to either beat or even draw with Sp**s.

Tom Mix

Have to add to already expressed compliments on Dean's performance. The Dean of other seasons would have sent Ramsdale off. Bowen did take a dive but Ramsdale's raised foot slide could have been career-ending if he'd caught the guy. Really, really has to be discouraged and Dean might actually have shown him something for reckless, dangerous play.

steppenwolf

Established Member
wonder what was Xhaka scolding (?) Gabriel for while the two walked to the away stands after the whistle? Gabi isn't a Tony A (yet?) but Granit wouldn't be at the top of my list of players to reprimand others for their shortcomings..

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Have to add to already expressed compliments on Dean's performance. The Dean of other seasons would have sent Ramsdale off. Bowen did take a dive but Ramsdale's raised foot slide could have been career-ending if he'd caught the guy. Really, really has to be discouraged and Dean might actually have shown him something for reckless, dangerous play.
He let go a much worse challenge not long before on Saka I think it was, a rare case of being consistent

Riou

Saw it suggested Gabriel was being too harsh on Tavares

If that true, that's what we need.

It's good that Gabriel was calling out Nuno, likewise it's good that Granit reminded him not to go too far.

You can't be too nice, or too nasty...need to find a balance of both

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Saw it suggested Gabriel was being too harsh on Tavares
I didnt notice but he needs to be within reason and it probably looked more animated as they share a common language. I like Nuno and a harsh word from one team mate is better than a whole stadium on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom