• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | West Ham vs Arsenal | 13th of December @ 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

What result do you predict for this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like him but I think it's time to give Xhaka a break. He's been struggling a bit recently and we should give Jack a shot.

Not really a fan at all but I'd put Coquelin next to Jack there.

c00lguy

Either we win comfortably or it will be a sluggish holding on to a lead performance. We usually do well against West Ham.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Either we win comfortably or it will be a sluggish holding on to a lead performance. We usually do well against West Ham.

Well there's a theme and it doesn't seem to have much to do with the calibre of opposition.

We've got 21 points out of 24 at home, scoring 21 goals and conceding 7 - only 1 point worse off than City. AWAY from home we have just 8 points out of 24, scoring 9 and conceding 13. 16 points worse off than City. The difference is like night and day.

So what is it they are doing away from home that we are not? To me this is an indication that the problem lies in our mindset. Teams get away with more physical challenges on their own turf and this seems to throw us off our game. We need to be more physically imposing and force errors out of the opposition the way they do to us.

ggunner12345

I Think we will need Mertesacker against Carrol.

Cech
Mertesacker Koscielny Holding
Bellerin Coquelen Wilshere Kolinac
Alexis Özil
Giroud

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well there's a theme and it doesn't seem to have much to do with the calibre of opposition.

We've got 21 points out of 24 at home, scoring 21 goals and conceding 7 - only 1 point worse off than City. AWAY from home we have just 8 points out of 24, scoring 9 and conceding 13. 16 points worse off than City. The difference is like night and day.

So what is it they are doing away from home that we are not? To me this is an indication that the problem lies in our mindset. Teams get away with more physical challenges on their own turf and this seems to throw us off our game. We need to be more physically imposing and force errors out of the opposition the way they do to us.

You're right, our away from is awful, worse its been for over 30 years and like you say its probably our mindset. For that you have to blame the manager, it's his job to motivate and encourage, particularly when things are going wrong for us as they clearly are away from home. Our team is definitely lacking mentally, has been for some time. If you dont have a motivational manager then you have to rely on motivational players, we are lacking both right now.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The folk over at KUMB are rather optimistic about their chances. They recognize that we've more going for us in the creativity department as opposed to Chelsea but lacking the Champions defensive nous.

The fact that they believe they've more than a 50% chance to win makes me equally optimistic it's a bet they'll lose, hopefully as handsomely as last season :lol:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
The folk over at KUMB are rather optimistic about their chances. They recognize that we've more going for us in the creativity department as opposed to Chelsea but lacking the Champions defensive nous.

The fact that they believe they've more than a 50% chance to win makes me equally optimistic it's a bet they'll lose, hopefully as handsomely as last season :lol:

If I were a West Ham fan I'd be cautiously optimistic as well, if I'm being honest.

We could absolutely smash them if we get the first goal early on but with the way we start games these days, who knows. Our away record doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would love to see Kolasinac given a game in midfield. Comes a point where you are too good to play fb/wb.

Jack & Kolasinac would tear **** up. :drool:

FinnGooner

Established Member
Just realized how massive the difference is between our home and away record. Need to fix it ffs. Probably not the easiest of fixtures since WH have played better under Moyes but we should still win this.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
---------------Coquelin
------Jack-----------------Xhaka
-----------------Özil
----------Lacazette-Alexis

When in possession.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Dont think Kola would work as midfielder at all. That aside, I am really curious to see how we set up for tonight

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

You'd expect teams to generally perform better at home as opposed to away from home. However, we have had some crap calls away from home that have no doubt affected the result but there is no doubt that the results generally speak for themselves. We just haven't fashioned enough chances away from home and our normal weakish defensive capabilities have been made to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom