• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves v Arsenal | April 24, 2019 | KO: 19:45 BST

Can we be slightly less crap than Chelsea and get 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not confident. The team feels as if its running out of steam and only kept going in the Europa League by the momentum of possibly winning a trophy.

Based on our last two games difficult to fancy more than a draw. These games are where we now see the mistake in not having blooded more young players in easier games and in the process protected some of the key players.
Medley should have got minutes in the EL groups stages and League cup imo, especially after the Holding injury (and having Kos and Mavro with long term injuries at the time). If he established himself somewhat we could have had another number back there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If Torreira and Xhaka arent starting in the middle then I fear for the worst.

In the best case though we have Xhaka, Torreira, Sokratis, AMN back in the lineup for our worst performers vs Palace (Douzi, Elneny, Mustafi, Jenko). All of the (hopefully) returning players are a class above those they will be replacing, much more quality in there.

Mohamed7

Given we rested players against CP i expect us to field a stronger midfield this time, but it worries me that we (a top4/6 club) aren't able to beat weaker opponents in the premier league without fielding our strongest XI every time.
To win this league you need to be able to rotate and i think this part of the season is clearly showing us we lack quality depth.
Xhaka/Torreira to start in midfield, then i'll be happy.
Our strongest line up is not even good enough to get wins on the road. Mikhi and Iwobi need to be squad players next season. Nothing more than that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
A draw will put us back to 4th but we will then really depend on Manu beating Chelsea (assuming they don't win tonight) in which case 6 points from our last 3 games MIGHT be enough.

In that scenario we must hope Brighton are not playing for their lives when they meet us, Leicester have lost interest and Burnley forget to remember how they love to try it on with us. Too many ifs for my liking.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Watched the second half of this against my better judgement. It was an attack vs defense training exercise. Every time Brighton intercepted the ball they simply passed it back to sp*rs.

And they would’ve got away with it too. If it wasn’t for that pesky Eriksen.
Their CF that came on could have wasted a lot of time just before that when he got away with the ball but chose a stupid long range shot instead of just taking the ball to the flag. Hope they get relegated for that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If we cant beat these remaining teams no business being in CL.
Can't agree with this, we belong there, but so does Man United and Chelsea. Losing points against these teams is something normal these days because PL clubs improved and the league is too strong.
I would say PL needs 6 clubs in CL to be fair, that wont happen of course but we can at least avoid comments like we don't belong there because we lost against Palace or Leicester.

Check

It's a bit weird. I have a feeling we're going to win this one but I can't explain why. Win this and top 4 is really close. Hope Laca can deliver tonight as Auba is a doubt if he's fit.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Can't agree with this, we belong there, but so does Man United and Chelsea. Losing points against these teams is something normal these days because PL clubs improved and the league is too strong.
I would say PL needs 6 clubs in CL to be fair, that wont happen of course but we can at least avoid comments like we don't belong there because we lost against Palace or Leicester.
This isnt the start of the season.

We know the four fixtures, how many point required & play no big team now.

Get the job done... No excuses.

Ashybashy86

Given we rested players against CP i expect us to field a stronger midfield this time, but it worries me that we (a top4/6 club) aren't able to beat weaker opponents in the premier league without fielding our strongest XI every time.
To win this league you need to be able to rotate and i think this part of the season is clearly showing us we lack quality depth.
Xhaka/Torreira to start in midfield, then i'll be happy.
I believe we would’ve beaten them if Sokratis had played instead of Mustafi. It’s no coincidence that we’ve been out of the top four since he arrived. Gabby wasn’t great, but he was certainly better. Mustafi makes schoolboy errors every game. He just gets away with them sometimes.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Mustafi makes schoolboy errors every game. He just gets away with them sometimes.
Most frustrating thing for me this season has been watching him ALMOST complete a game without a brainfart and then bang, he gifts the ball away to opposition right outside our box or gives away a kick in a perfect position for them to score... with a few minutes remaining.
AND then kaks his team mates out for it. I actually hate this player. Hate his stupid face and his crappy attitude. I've never disliked a player this much. I agree.. we'd be way ahead of where we are if it wasn't for this brain dead fool.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Assuming everyone is fit:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Leno- - - - - - - - - - - - -
-----Sokratis----Koscielny----Monreal----
AMN-----Torreira----Xhaka---Kolasinac---
- - - - - - - - - - - - -Özil- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
--------Lacazaette------Aubameyang--------

Im not sure about Özil in a game like this if im honest, I doubt he's gonna be in the game much but we can hope he creates some magic at some stage with a nice delivery or something.

If Auba is injured then start Iwobi. Mkhy and Özil in a tough away game probably won't work out well (although Mkhy has been putting in a shift recently e.g. vs Watford even given the fact he had a couple of shocking attempts at goal)

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Imagine if we just went and dicked em 5-0.

Reactions: A_G

Malky

Established Member
Do not let Mustafi get in the starting 11, the dugout, **** it, even let in the stadium. Wolves will be a hard enough game without the German liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom