• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves vs Arsenal | Tuesday 2nd February | KO: 18:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

254Giant

Player:Partey
That should have been a penalty and a red according to many people here.

In fact Cavanagh here gave a yellow (not a red even if Pogba makes a worse foul, it's not an accident, he runs into the player) and a penalty first, before going to the screen and overruling his decision totally.

No one can keep on saying the rules are clearly saying something. The refereeing in EPL is calamitous.

That whole game was a robbery. This is why I hate yanited more than any other club.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Couldn't care less about whether we appeal David's card or not. It changed the entire game and there's nothing to be done about that. Nothing will change in the long term. The FA are a bunch of ****ing ****s who can't get decisions right even if they look 10 minutes at them on a screen.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Sense of injustice I feel after this game is similar to the Birmingham 2008 game.

Hope the team can use this injustice to push on. We have to be better than the ****ery these officials serve up.

goonergaz

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-special-would-var-have-saved-the-invincibles

This epitomises the way refs have always treated us. That man making those shocking disgraceful decisions is now the head of referees.

The referees couldn't handle a foreign manager with a bunch of foreign players dominating the league and getting their 50th game unbeaten. Could have had 3 red cards and dived for a penalty too.
What I find remarkable about that article is that they only mention 1 foul on Reyes, at the time he was flying and MU kicked him off the park repeatedly, he was never the same after the lack of protection from the ref.

goonergaz

That should have been a penalty and a red according to many people here.

In fact Cavanagh here gave a yellow (not a red even if Pogba makes a worse foul, it's not an accident, he runs into the player) and a penalty first, before going to the screen and overruling his decision totally.

No one can keep on saying the rules are clearly saying something. The refereeing in EPL is calamitous.

A pure definition of robbed...it's like the old days of playing until United score.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
What I find remarkable about that article is that they only mention 1 foul on Reyes, at the time he was flying and MU kicked him off the park repeatedly, he was never the same after the lack of protection from the ref.

Most remarkable thing is that Dermot suggests that if Riley could turn back one decision it would be the penalty he gave Rooney for diving.

He wouldn't. Bet he's still laughing today. ****ing small bastard ****.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Did you know that game actually f*cked us as well?

Chelsea had two offside goals given which gave them the win. We finished two points behind them that season and would have had top four.
Clearly a lot of refs can't seperate bias from their profession. Its embarassing the FA don't pay close attention to these kind of incidents.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Defeats like this always sets arsenal back.

Even with wenger.

Please not another poor run.
To be fair we beat Manchester United twice after recent robberies against us. One was last season after the Chelsea game and one was this season after the comedic offside against Leicester.

Hopefully we do the same and beat Villa. If we don't its basically 8-12th confirmed.

goldengod

I think a bit of balance here is needed because to be honest some of the shouts of corruption/bias, I don't think really helps.

First, the decision yesterday was correct. The decision not to overturn was also correct. The issue at hand here is not how the refs applied the law, but how the law is poorly written and should clearly account for what happened last night as we were unduly punished for an accidental coming together. Honestly, its a shame that common sense didn't prevail, but hopefully they learn and change the law.

Likewise, people can bleat all they want about us being top of the red card table but last in fouls because that stat is completely meaningless and misses the point. Fouls, yellow cards, red cards are not automatically equal between clubs and depends on various factors such as temperament (i.e, Pepe/Xhaka getting sent off for violent conduct), extent to which the side makes tackles, where those tackles are made (i.e., Luiz numerous times when he's last man) and so on. I honestly can't remember every decision, but the only one I remember being obviously incorrect (Smith-Rowe) got overturned.

If people really want to make a case for bias/corruption then they need to produce a better set of data. First that needs to involve (i) an analysis of Arsenal reds and whether they were warranted - which I think they were; (ii) an analysis of a large corpus of data from various clubs that tries to objectively analyse whether fouls were judged lightly (i.e., unpunished or only a yellow) and how they compare to similar tackles that Arsenal make. I get tired of seeing images that are cherrypicked to demonstrate bias - it's crap, if you really want to verify bias then do it, otherwise shut up and suck up what was a correct decision of a **** law.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
To be fair we beat Manchester United twice after recent robberies against us. One was last season after the Chelsea game and one was this season after the comedic offside against Leicester.

Hopefully we do the same and beat Villa. If we don't its basically 8-12th confirmed.

Wasn't the United game before we played Leicester?

Either way, we need to take belief from how well we played in that first half. We can hurt a lot of teams playing in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom