• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

mm76

Yer Da
The difference is that Chelsea didn't give KDB many chances. We have given Ox a significant amount of first team game time (to our cost) and it hasn't reaped the rewards expected.

Yes and maybe we might get something decent for him right now from one of the struggling sides.

mm76

Yer Da

So that's what, probably more than £150k a week on him an Per? Yet we mess about with our two best players and even the likes of Jack and Ox.

I don't want to lose Cazorla, he should get one more chance to recover and see if he can stay out of trouble this time - agree re not messing about with other players though - the Swansea game showed the difference Özil makes

WhatAFC

agreed, even if he is a good influence off the pitch we should end his playing contract and if he's that important behind the scenes he can sign up as a defensive coach on much less money...
According to a few sources Per is on 70-90k a week. When you're paying players like jenkinson £45k a week, is an extra year with your club captain and one of the few players in the squad who have actual experience winning trophies picking up anther years wages that big a deal? We've already signed a top replacement, have a couple of young prospects and if he went it would take our wage bill from £192m to £188.4m(70k) or £187.3m (90k) . Although it's not ideal it honestly isn't that big a deal in the scheme of wages or money to the club.

If he got an actual new contract for a 2-3 years then that's something to be annoyed about.

Hunter Zolomon

According to a few sources Per is on 70-90k a week. When you're paying players like jenkinson £45k a week, is an extra year with your club captain and one of the few players in the squad who have actual experience winning trophies picking up anther years wages that big a deal? We've already signed a top replacement, have a couple of young prospects and if he went it would take our wage bill from £192m to £188.4m(70k) or £187.3m (90k) . Although it's not ideal it honestly isn't that big a deal in the scheme of wages or money to the club.

If he got an actual new contract for a 2-3 years then that's something to be annoyed about.
but we are having trouble giving sanchez a pay rise, or letting sagna go because we didnt want to give him a pay rise. Seems arsenal has its priorities wrong.

WhatAFC

but we are having trouble giving sanchez a pay rise, or letting sagna go because we didnt want to give him a pay rise. Seems arsenal has its priorities wrong.
We're not struggling to give them him a pay rise. Some things aren't always about money. If he wants 200k a week that's only £2.6m a year extra on what he already earns. A club like Arsenal isn't going to struggle to find that every year.

City offered Sagna over £100k a week and a 3 year deal. With a better chance of winning the league, as he'd already seen with the other Arsenal players moving up there.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We're not struggling to give them him a pay rise. Some things aren't always about money. If he wants 200k a week that's only £2.6m a year extra on what he already earns. A club like Arsenal isn't going to struggle to find that every year.

City offered Sagna over £100k a week and a 3 year deal. With a better chance of winning the league, as he'd already seen with the other Arsenal players moving up there.

We are struggling because we have a stupid wage structure in place. Based on its logic if we give Özil/Sanchez 200k per week we will need to give a pay rise to all our other players. Including scrubs like Jenkinson if he is not leaving us. The logic is stupid because no amount of Jekinson is enough to make up for the hole losing Özil/Sanchez would give to the team.

Hunter Zolomon

We are struggling because we have a stupid wage structure in place. Based on its logic if we give Özil/Sanchez 200k per week we will need to give a pay rise to all our other players. Including scrubs like Jenkinson if he is not leaving us. The logic is stupid because no amount of Jekinson is enough to make up for the hole losing Özil/Sanchez would give to the team.
yet people still want that obvious mad man wenger to remain. this is a very stupid policy

blaise

yup I am pretty sure Wenger doesnt want to give new contracts to Özil and Sanchez becuse he d be obliged to give payrise to Jenkinson and others.

arsmile

Established Member
Just seems amazing that we've got 7 whose contracts all come up at the same time...not to mention that 2 of those 7 e the two best, most valuable contracts at the club....you wouldn't even let that gapped on football manager

arsmile

Established Member
this is all so de ja vu now

our 'eras' are often defined by our star players effing off

the Vieira/Henry era ended when they both left for better things in close proximity
the Fabregas/Vanpersie era ended when they both left for better things in close proximity
this was the Alexis/Özil era .... the worst of the three you'd have to say...but feeling all moribund and rotten in its final days as it should...

CHOPS

What's going to happen to this lot then contracts finish 2018?

Campbell,Cazorla,Cech,Gibbs,Jenkinson,Mertesacker,oxlade-Chamberlain,Özil,Sanchez,Sanogo,Szczesney,Wilshere and I'm sure I've missed a few that's on loan!

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
It's so hard to understand how we get in this mess. To even consider delaying talks until the summer.

Tout them both out now to top clubs, and get the money in before they walk. Özil was my favourite player, but i am finally starting to believe he doesn't have the character. I'd love to keep alexis, but its not going to happen.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Presumably waiting until summer really means an acceptance that without CL talks of renewal are pointless

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Presumably waiting until summer really means an acceptance that without CL talks of renewal are pointless
Or may be it's a case of let's see you earn than pay rise you keep asking for.

Or not. Most likely not. They could win the league and we won't pay them 250k pw.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
For context on the bump a few replies up...
Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Özil: Contract talks with Arsenal pair on hold - Arsène Wenger

Contract negotiations with Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil have been put on hold until the summer, says Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger.

Chilean forward Sanchez and German midfielder Özil, both 28, have just over a year left on their deals.

Wenger says he has made up his mind about his own future, but is yet to sign the two-year extension on offer.

"At the moment we have not got an agreement," said Wenger when asked about the future of Sanchez.

Talking to BeIn Sports, the Frenchman, 67, added: "We have decided to focus on the end of the season and talk about it during the summer.

"It is the same situation with Özil, because once you don't find an agreement and the negotiation lasts, it is not good.

"It is better you get it out and sit down in the summer."

Arsenal have slipped to sixth in the Premier League following four defeats in their past five games.

Regarding his own future, Wenger added: "No matter how long I stay I will be committed and completely focused as long as I stay at the club."

The Gunners return to Premier League action on Sunday, 2 April when they host Manchester City.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39355764

karl

What's going to happen to this lot then contracts finish 2018?

Campbell,Cazorla,Cech,Gibbs,Jenkinson,Mertesacker,oxlade-Chamberlain,Özil,Sanchez,Sanogo,Szczesney,Wilshere and I'm sure I've missed a few that's on loan!
Those contracts running down represents an opportunity in all but 4 cases for the club. Too old, always injured and under-performing. Likeable players, but not getting us anywhere really.

Top Bottom