• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Alexis and Özil waiting on Wenger according to Nacho...

(Monreal says): "For Arsenal as a team and as a club, ideally everyone should continue. But today these are the circumstances: the coach finishes his contract and has not yet communicated whether he continues or not, then there are two important players like Alexis and Mesut who finish their contracts next season and they are waiting for the coach to follow," he stated.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...er-will-have-final-word-on-his-arsenal-future

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If that is true no question Wenger should renew. Even the staunchest WOB member has to see whats best for the club. Like **** we can afford to lose both players. Even if he stays one year of a three year deal... Just get the duo signed & have them at Arsenal throughout their prime years.

CHOPS

If that is true no question Wenger should renew. Even the staunchest WOB member has to see whats best for the club. Like **** we can afford to lose both players. Even if he stays one year of a three year deal... Just get the duo signed & have them at Arsenal throughout their prime years.
I don't think Özil and Sanchez are waiting for Wenger to commit,they both want substantial rises and anyway how long are these contracts going to be for?
If Wenger stays nothing's going to change at this Club either of them are not going to commit short term or long term,even if there offered the money they want it's gone too far.
We should sell them in the summer and splash the cash on their replacements with what we get for them but I don't think we'll get what we want with them only having a year left!

Jm89

It's all set up for a disatorous summer! There are already news paper articles stating that we are about to embark on the famous Arsenal summer spendin spree which will see us spend big on rejuvenating the squad meaning we will challenge!

Let's get a few things stright we lose out on fourth place this will give the board and the club so much ammo to go on record and say that are transfer pot is not as big as I thought was to sign players , now we will have to cut back on funds available!

Sanchez and Özil leave without us getting a good price because we aren't inadequate in signing up top players because we lack ambition! And will cover the loss of the champions League money.

We sign two Bob players based on moneyball stats which are ducking useless, these players are average at best but we hold onto them for the next ten years hoping they come good!

We are stuck with wenger as manager and feeds Us more lies and more poor excuses why we are not mentally ready once again in a big game!

CHOPS

This Summers going to be very interesting because the **** at the top are going to take their wedge no matter what!
Negotiations with Özil and Sanchez have been put on hold until the summer ffs!Why not when the season ends?What of the Messiah too is it all going to slot into place in June-July?
Then start scouting for replacements (World Class of course!) getting rid of the deadwood negotiating deals with the on loan players too what a shambles it's going to be! And Maybe Europa League to look forward to or am I being over ambitious?

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Negotiations with Özil and Sanchez have been put on hold until the summer ffs!Why not when the season ends?What of the Messiah too is it all going to slot into place in June-July?
Then start scouting for replacements (World Class of course!) getting rid of the deadwood negotiating deals with the on loan players too what a shambles it's going to be!

Reckon Özil and Sanchez are off, the latter anyway. There are too many others with one year remaining on their contracts, so in order to stave off an exodus, I'm guessing we'll hand out new deals to a few.

mm76

Yer Da
Negotiations with Özil and Sanchez have been put on hold until the summer ffs!Why not when the season ends?

aren't they the same thing? in football 'the summer' means from mid-late May after the season has finished

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sanogo, Szczesny, Gibbs, Özil, Ox, Alexis, Wilshere, Campbell, Mertesacker, Cazorla

All out of contract in 2018. How many do we see leaving?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Sanogo, Szczesny, Gibbs, Özil, Ox, Alexis, Wilshere, Campbell, Mertesacker, Cazorla

All out of contract in 2018. How many do we see leaving?
I could see us keeping Ox and Özil. Obviously, I'd be delighted if we found a way to keep Alexis.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Any player with more loyalty to the manager than to the club should just get the f*** out of the club already, seems to me that they have become comfortable with the complacency Wenger brings and are afraid of a new manager whipping them into shape. Such players are losers and we will never win anything with them. Having said that I will understand if they just don't want to see Eddie Howe or some other poor choice being our manager next season, which is more likely.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Any player with more loyalty to the manager than to the club should just get the f*** out of the club already, seems to me that they have become comfortable with the complacency Wenger brings and are afraid of a new manager whipping them into shape. Such players are losers and we will never win anything with them. Having said that I will understand if they just don't want to see Eddie Howe or some other poor choice being our manager next season, which is more likely.

I was thinking just that, no offence to Wenger because he has achieved a lot, but what does he really have over the other top managers in the league judging from the last decade? Its not like hes leading these players to trophies season after season like SAF was.

He leaves them to do what they do. This is probably why some players are waiting on Wenger to stay, it's the ones who lack ambition. When was the last time Wenger took a really young player or forgotten player and really turned the tides? Not for a while now, so theres not really much use in him staying unless you're a player who is cosy (my guess is Özil is one of those types) and dont wanna really push to the limits.

I feel like its these kind of factors which pushed RvP away (not excusing that disgusting human) , and caused a rift with Sanchez. I can imagine it gets a bit sickening seeing this 80% effort and lack of passion all the time in training and in and around the club , it certainly sickens me watching the team at times

Latest posts+

Top Bottom