• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Great news if true. In my opinion Wilshere is the most technically gifted and most talented English player (also my pick for Captain). Ox has shown dramatic improvement this season and looks much better playing centrally. Gibbs, well he's an okay backup full back.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
All the talk about contracts for players with question marks over them. Meanwhile, the two big names remain in limbo and Willock is ignored. I only hope this is to bump up a transfer fee and doesn't involve an undeserved wage increase.

sammyvine

If Gibbs has any ambition as footballer, he should leave.
This is what I was just about to say

I get Ox and Wilshere because they will play but if your Gibbs why would you stay? He is 27 now...he's not a young boy learning his trade. For the last couple of seasons he has been a back up to a 30+ left back.

Especially with the World Cup coming up wouldn't you want first team football? Look at the improvements Danny rose and Walker have made by playing week in week out.

blaise

So Wilshere cant get in Bournemouth side, yet next year we will be pushing him here and talking how our side is on par to City and Chelsea, we should have at least one young reserve full back with an upside, Gibbs cant push Monreal anywhere and Ox, well, he has certain value, but you have to call it a day at somepoint. Hopefully this is just a spin, othervise there is no help for us.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Delighted Wilshere, Chamberlain and Gibbs are getting new contracts. Don't care about Alexis and Özil, build the club around these 3 - VIVA LA ENGLISH REVOLUTION, TEAM BREXIT.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Exclusive: Özil ditches Arsenal contract talks with **** Law as Josh Kroenke is called in

Özil wants to stay and is happy in the capital, but negotiations involving complicated factors such as image rights have yet to reach a successful conclusion.

Frustrated by the impasse, Özil’s team have ditched talks with **** Law, the club’s chief transfer negotiator who has been leading the discussions
so far.

And in an unprecedented step, Football.London has learnt they have reached out to Josh Kroenke, the son of Arsenal’s majority shareholder Stan, who is a growing influence behind the scenes at the club.

Özil and Josh share a good relationship, with the former Real Madrid man a special guest of the American when Kroenke’s Denver Nuggets NBA side visited London in January to play at the O2.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/exclusive-Özil-ditches-arsenal-contract-12990641
Done deal? Arsenal star suggests Sead Kolasinac is on his way to the club this summer
And the German’s people have now made it clear they will only deal with Kroenke as they look to secure a new long-term deal for the 28-year-old.

Ox in line for new contract of £100,000-a-week!! Am i insane or how can a player who is not even a starting player be offered that??
Compare to Harry Kane who is a star player and earn the same i think..
In my opinion we pay to much for players who doesnt have star quality..

Better sell the players thet dont move forward in their progress instead of paying them huge salarys..

Sell..
Ox
Walcott
Debuchy
Perez (why did wenger buy him even when he doesnt play him)
Wilshere
Cazorla
Giroud
Welbeck (why buy a guy who is injured alot)
Gibbs
Čech
Elneny
Mertesacker

karl

Great news if true. In my opinion Wilshere is the most technically gifted and most talented English player (also my pick for Captain). Ox has shown dramatic improvement this season and looks much better playing centrally. Gibbs, well he's an okay backup full back.
If this is the case, people are happy to continue as we are and the club don't intend to address any issues. I would only sign up Ox and stop the rot with players that have overseen the downfall of Arsenal during the last decade.

That would include Wilshere, Gibbs, Ramsey, Coquelin, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Sanogo and Walcott. It is the only way I can see to change the mentality of the club with players that coast through their career. It would also be good for them to shake up their fortunes.

Last edited:

arsmile

Established Member
if we weren't panicking about other stuff we probably wouldn't be giving wilshere a new contract

but suddenly he's lost the deck with the injury at this time again- so I don't doubt we're opportunistically pouncing on that

GDeep™

League is very weak
this is good news - and must mean he really wants to come back, which helps, as Cech's commitment to us has at best been half-hearted, I feel
Chez had always been pro Arsenal, it's Wenger who has maybe lost faith.

This scenario has worked out well. He was an immature kid at Arsenal, got loaned out to a disciplined and demanding environment like Italy, and has matured on/off the pitch.

Top Bottom