• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

Hyruga

IMO, ALL can go if someone wants to buy them with a decent fee.

I am no longer concerned with any players leaving. Not even Sanchez.

ARSNLNO1

Sorry mate I don't and never did get the obsession or interest with Mahrez, another Özil but in a different position, lazy and overrated. Zaha or Gnabry would be far better suited to our game and offer you a lot more in terms of defensive duties when required.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we get a proper striker in I think we can take a chance with Reus as a winger

I know he is also injuryprone but Iwobi still needs some games, Ox to and heck I could keep Theo as a supersub

Keplaz

IMO, ALL can go if someone wants to buy them with a decent fee.

I am no longer concerned with any players leaving. Not even Sanchez.

The part of me that cared died with Van Persie. (I know he still has a heartbeat but he is dead to me and none of the goals he scored for Man U were real).

I'm not sure Arsenal are a team that should knowingly bring in further injury prone players.

Reus is good when playing but why take in a player that is only playing half the season and injured the rest, when we should get rid of those we have thats injured alot as Walcott and Ramsey

Hyruga

I would be absolutely over the moon to get him back, one less position to worry about in the summer he has been one of the best keepers in Europe and has more than proved himself.

And let Szc comes back here and see opponents score free crosses, free headers, free dribbling?

The wing players (Eg Walcott, Monreal ) are not even trying hard to prevent opponents from crossing.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
on Alexis and Mesut’s recent form underlining their commitment to the club…

Yes, of course. Maybe one day I will be able to speak about that, but I don’t question, at the moment, their focus and their determination because every game they turn up and give strong performances.

on if it could prove tough to keep them if we don’t make the top four…

No, because they are part of the results as well. Like I am. Overall, I think first of all they are under contract and secondly they behave like they want to be in the Champions League and like they want to be at the club. They don’t behave like players who are disinterested in the future of the club.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170519/wenger-alexis-and-Özil-want-to-be-here

Toast

Established Member
No, because they are part of the results as well. Like I am. Overall, I think first of all they are under contract and secondly they behave like they want to be in the Champions League and like they want to be at the club. They don’t behave like players who are disinterested in the future of the club.

Well, that's reassuring...

Alexis has always given his all, Özil has been invisible at times. A cynic might say he wants offers to move away? Even Ox has raised his game -is that to secure more years at AFC? Who will offer Wally close to his pay packet to *uck off? - I see another Bendy-boy saga with no-one coming close to paying what Wenger has.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Alexis has always given his all, Özil has been invisible at times. A cynic might say he wants offers to move away? Even Ox has raised his game -is that to secure more years at AFC? Who will offer Wally close to his pay packet to *uck off? - I see another Bendy-boy saga with no-one coming close to paying what Wenger has.
Put a £1M price tag on Walcott and we will get offers. On paper it's a financial loss but in reality it a gain.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Really wish we had professionals running the club rather than these amateurs Guy Goma wannabes who took a wrong turn into the right room.

We should have tied up Wilshere and Sczesney before they went on loan we should have looked to address the minor contracts much sooner Ox, Gibbs, Ramsey and Carl Jenkinson. That's our fabled British core, signed up together and were the future. Then the actual new future the financially strong Arsenal represented by Özil and Alexis are left in the same boat.

We've left ourselves in a position where we have so much to do plus trying to sign players and prepare for next season as well.

Its disgraceful that we are continually in this position. In my eyes this is the worst ever position we've been in for potentially losing players. 9 players who've at one point been pivotal or built up to be pivotal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really wish we had professionals running the club rather than these amateurs Guy Goma wannabes who took a wrong turn into the right room.

We should have tied up Wilshere and Sczesney before they went on loan we should have looked to address the minor contracts much sooner Ox, Gibbs, Ramsey and Carl Jenkinson. That's our fabled British core, signed up together and were the future. Then the actual new future the financially strong Arsenal represented by Özil and Alexis are left in the same boat.

We've left ourselves in a position where we have so much to do plus trying to sign players and prepare for next season as well.

Its disgraceful that we are continually in this position. In my eyes this is the worst ever position we've been in for potentially losing players. 9 players who've at one point been pivotal or built up to be pivotal.
we have so many players will enter in final year of their contracts. wenger been saying for while he hope the club give Alexis and Özil new contract and we still hearing no new news about we offered them new contracts. our club have no ambition that's why wenger has been saving us for a while when he leave no quality manager will accept to manage us and we'll be in trouble.

I think Wilshere and Scezcney are gone but Ox Özil and Alexis are important players in our setup we should keep them.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

we have so many players will enter in final year of their contracts. wenger been saying for while he hope the club give Alexis and Özil new contract and we still hearing no new news about we offered them new contracts. our club have no ambition that's why wenger has been saving us for a while when he leave no quality manager will accept to manage us and we'll be in trouble.

I think Wilshere and Scezcney are gone but Ox Özil and Alexis are important players in our setup we should keep them.
As frustrating as the Alexis and Özil situation is its hardly surprising given the club's history to allow players to reach this stage. What compounds the issue is that core players, a core we were meant to build our team around has also reached this stage. We could sign Mbappe this season and next season have no semblance of a team to play with him.

Gone.
Alexis
Özil
Ramsey
Ox
Wilshere
Cazorla
Mertesacker
Gibbs
Jenkinson
Sczesney

Thats a Cb short of a full Xi. And over a million a week in wages and hundreds of millions in assets. Who is in charge and accountable for such gross mismanagement?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Huss Fahmy has been hired from Team Sky to work on player contracts. I guess he's got a lot to do but at least we now have someone who has a specific role in this area.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Screen-Shot-2017-08-06-at-12.14.05.jpg

We are in so much trouble it's actually difficult to know where to start. But I can't help but feel that list for 2018 is the elephant in the room and Wengers name isn't on it.

Top Bottom