• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Contract Watch

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Screen-Shot-2017-08-06-at-12.14.05.jpg

We are in so much trouble it's actually difficult to know where to start. But I can't help but feel that list for 2018 is the elephant in the room and Wengers name isn't on it.
Good news imo. Clear the decks for the new manager coming next summer or the one after, who can build the squad he wants.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Good news imo. Clear the decks for the new manager coming next summer or the one after, who can build the squad he wants.
I'm sure he would but at the rate we are losing players and getting nothing back I'm sure whoever in charge would rather clear the decks for fees to reinvest. Two years from now we won't have a keeper. Guys like Xhaka, Elneny, Koscielny, Coquelin will be in the last year or two of their deals and will need new deals or shifted on or replaced.

Whoever is brought in will have the biggest of rebuilding jobs on their hands with not much to spend and not much left to sell.

arsmile

Established Member
you'd take the good players on that list leaving to get the **** ones gone.

even the decent ones like giroud/nacho will be well into their thirties so will need replacing by then anyway

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Whoever has allowed this to happen sure is lucky Kroenke is the owner. If it was anyone who knew how football operates would realise we are letting go of huge assets in Özil, Sanchez and Ox, thats 100mil minimum in todays market.

I honestly wonder if Kroenke is completely oblivious to football, I wonder if anyone has sat him down and explained we wont be getting any swapsies or improved draft picks, surely he must know we are literally letting go of 100mil+ and will have to spend to replace, he's a business man surely that gets his attention..?

Or is he just that uninterested?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm sure he would but at the rate we are losing players and getting nothing back I'm sure whoever in charge would rather clear the decks for fees to reinvest. Two years from now we won't have a keeper. Guys like Xhaka, Elneny, Koscielny, Coquelin will be in the last year or two of their deals and will need new deals or shifted on or replaced.

Whoever is brought in will have the biggest of rebuilding jobs on their hands with not much to spend and not much left to sell.
A lot of those guys are on big wages though, getting them off the books will be a relief.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A lot of those guys are on big wages though, getting them off the books will be a relief.
I think I calculated 64m or so in wages freed up with all the contracts up in the next two years. It's a lot but selling Ox and Ramsey now dwarf that and you still free up the wages. That's before looking at moving Alexis and Özil plus fees already gained.

Reactions: A_G

marting

No one on that 2019 list will want to sign another contract whilst we are in this state. Rambo will be leaving on a free. I dont blame them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Monreal and Walcott are the priority since their deals expire in 2019. Fresh talks with Alexis and Özil coming as well.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good to see a little protectiveness from the club but everyone of those 2019 players is getting either above market value for their respective talents or has passed the 30/31 mark. Not really arsed what the future holds for them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It says in that article that we probably won't increase our offer of £280,000 a week to Alexis and Özil. How about we don't give Walcott a new contract and give his £140k salary to Alexis and Özil?

This club seriously needs to get its ****ing priorities right when it comes to player contracts.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Monreal and Walcott are the priority since their deals expire in 2019. Fresh talks with Alexis and Özil coming as well.

Walcott :lol:

The 9 premier league losses this season featuring Walcott.

7 Losses
14-08-2016 Arsenal 3 : 4 Liverpool
13-12-2016 Everton 2 : 1 Arsenal
18-12-2016 Manchester City 2 : 1 Arsenal
31-01-2017 Arsenal 1 : 2 Watford
04-02-2017 Chelsea 3 : 1 Arsenal
18-03-2017 West Bromwich Albion 3 : 1 Arsenal
10-04-2017 Crystal Palace 3 : 0 Arsenal

2 losses (playing less than 20 min)

04-03-2017 Liverpool 3 : 1 Arsenal
30-04-2017 Tottenham 2 : 0 Arsenal

Draws
20-08-2016 Leicester 0 : 0 Arsenal
22-10-2016 Arsenal 0 : 0 Middlesbrough
06-11-2016 Arsenal 1 : 1 Tottenham
19-11-2016 Manchester United 1 : 1 Arsenal
02-04-2017 Arsenal 2 : 2 Manchester City

Altogether for Walcott,
28 league games
4 games played less than 20 mins (Eg Walcott sub in late 80+ min against Stoke and Sunderland) (2 won, 2 losses) will not count

24 main games WITH Walcott
12 won, 5 draws, 7 losses

Meaning 10 games WITHOUT Walcott,
9 wins 1 draw.

@hyruga2

Latest posts

Top Bottom