Player Contract Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Highbury_2006, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  2. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

For me, need to get back to 1 year contract extensions for players over 30. Not risk getting into same situation we did with Özil and Sanchez.

If they want to stay, they take it. If not, buy buy. I dont think a raise is in order as they are both in the top 3 highest paid players.

Maybe likes this.
  3. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Wouldn't mind a clearout at this stage...we will lose some good players, but the team needs to be rebuilt anyway, this would give us more funds.

Just build around the youngsters that all I ask, as I don't think the current batch of "experienced" are that good to begin with.

This is why I would be happy to give it to Freddie for awhile.

4. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Its not like we are a top team anymore tbf, just very limited thanks to the Kroenkes and the rest of the staff.

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

It's clear emery not going to be here next season so it's up to them to sign or not i understand CL important so if they not sign until we'll have to sell and try get 100M to replace them

6. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Sell Lacazette. Let Auba run out his deal.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Can we sticky this?

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Sell them both.

9. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

I kinda get why Auba would want a raise due to being the one average apple in a bad bunch BUT how any other player can ask for a raise (Laca) at this current time is madness..

The only thing that should change in any players contracts are goal and clean sheet bonuses to encourage these morons to perform (which is even ridiculous in itself), but how you asking for a general pay rise when the whole team incluing yourself sucks..? o_O

Pro sports is got to be the only career where you can constantly demand higher wages even though your department is missing various targets.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  10. Flying Okapis

Its got too this again pretty quickly where people don't give a **** about who leaves in this current joke of a squad, must be awful being a child Arsenal fan and having so few 'idols' to choose from.

11. roz

roz Well-Known Member

There are none now, they all support pool and citeh

CaseUteinberger and Artisan like this.
  12. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Sell everyone.

13. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

It's actually not as bad as it sounds when you consider how good Martinelli is in his rookie season and we have Nketiah as a backup. Buying one top forward or investing that money in wingers/midfielders wouldn't hurt us.

CaseUteinberger and GDeep™ like this.
  14. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Exactly this.

15. Flying Okapis

Nah kids are still coming through as fans down to parents and living in London, we may have lost areas across the world but not much changes locally.

However, my two kids can support whoever they want and I don't care, I want to try bring them up neutral, I want them to be able to enjoy and understand football without emotion or bias involved as hard as that may be.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

What do we have to lose? If Laca leaves with his 12 goals a season so ****ing what? He’s pushing 30 and is as average as they come.

Who else is there? Torreira, absolute plodder. Auba? Great goal scorer, offers nothing else.

Impact likes this.
  17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Get Arteta, get a young team, we might finish 6th for a couple of seasons but hopefully we can start something new with Tierney, Saliba, Guendouzi, new guys etc.

Maybe likes this.
  18. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Fair play mate, id make sure mine had arsenal PJs :lol:
    Have seen a couple of kids in islington with City/Pool tops before. Even saw one with a Leicester shirt once!

Flying Okapis likes this.
  19. Flying Okapis

Yeah London has various fans of clubs just not from London :lol:

Rarely see Chelsea, Fulham or Palace fans at all from my experience and I'm in London a lot.

Seen more River Plate fans than I have Fulham actually!

20. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

No way we can replace Aubas goals, unless we get lucky. Laca wouldnt bother me though.