• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Fitness Watch

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
New season is approaching quickly, here's where we monitor the players' fitness and injury status. Sounds a lot better than 'Official Injury Thread' to me, too gloomy that thread title.

Early days so nothing really to report. I'm assuming Arteta has overcome his injury issues. Welbeck had a niggly problem which kept him out of the last few fixtures last season, he's expected to report back to training soon.

Here's to a happy and healthy season!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yes very good, it could be vital to out title challenge. Need to keep the core our first team fit for the majority of the season....... in 13/14 the injuries to Theo and Ramsey at the same time cost us a lot in terms of the pace and goals of our attack. Last year Koscielny, Özil, Wilshere and Giroud all being injured around the same time pretty much made our team a mess.

It's vital that players like Kos, Ramsey, Özil, etc can stay fit for a prolonged period of time to give us every chance.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£16m down the ****ter.

Worrying how he's still not over his injury from last season.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He could have gotten some decent playing-time with Alexis still on holiday, show what he is capable of. Will be a hard season for him now I reckon and not a lot of games.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Another misdiagnosis this is. I remember Welbeck being a matter of "days and not weeks." Then he was "very close." Now, it's 2 months out and counting. Hope he recovers quickly, not a fan of him by any stretch but I dream of a fully fit squad.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Yeah. Let's hope we quarantine him away from the rest of the fit players. Don't want that curse coming back.

ragnarock

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150709/ox-pain-and-positives-of-pre-season

Very strong possibility this is the reason behind our constant injuries in the first half of the season.
Old school pre-season where the FIRST week is the most intense one. Pictures on the site showing the players running the yoyo-test on the first day of training...
Not considering gradual build up at all. And then jetting of to Asia playing two games in three days with tons of PR-stuff and minimized adaptation to jet lag and recovery.
Thought Forsythe had more influence in the fitness periodization.
Stupid stupid stupid....

Impact

Established Member
Counter with Wilshere's words:

“Training used to be long, hard double sessions for the whole team … now it’s more positional-based. Midfielders do one drill, defenders and attackers another. Training is more intelligent.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom