Player Fitness Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Taylor Gang Gunners, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Rocky

Rocky Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

No. If they could, I'm sure they would, but they can't and Wilshere needs to see out the season as a starter anyway. I'm sure he's yet to peak fitness wise and has been building up his intensity gradually.

2. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Bellerin injured now . . put us back up to 3rd in the injury league again.

There's a doubt against Walcott and Gibbs returning for the next match, Özil and Debuchy maybe, but still not in training yet.

Per and Coq Feb return, Santi March.

Rocky likes this.
  3. Rocky

Rocky Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

It was a bit concerning that Bellerin had to be thrown in early due to Mustafi's injury. Gibbs just shows that Monreal should have been given more rest while the opportunity was there. I think that players like Welbeck and Santi should be viewed largely as non-factors until they prove their fitness. Season is basically a write off for Cazorla in my view until evidence to the contrary.

4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

5. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

For most of his career he's had an excellent injury record, it was last season that he broke down seriously for the first time.

Wonder if he has simply played too many games. Must take its toll to run around the entire pitch with those little legs.

6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

He is not young anymore and never was really an athlete. Playing very demanding position on the field.

I really say this with best wishes for my favorite player. He could maybe get more years out of his career in the Spanish league.

krackpot likes this.
  7. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

Please come back fit and healthy in 6 weeks time my lord. I miss you. :(

8. novarek

novarek Well-Known Member

What a shame but it's the kind of injury that forces Wenger to improve the team. He hasn't been offering much for a long time and should have been sold last window

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  9. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

think this is one of the reasons.

he must be getting way more whacks to those little legs when paying as a CM.

Rex Banner and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  10. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Back up to 2nd in the injury league with 8 injuries. Doubts over Giroud, Gibbs, Coq, Bellerin, for Burnley. Walcott, Debuchy maybe 2/3 weeks. Santi and Per still no return date.

Chelsea just Costa out over the bust up, Spurs only 2, Man U Ibra with a cold and Rojo back this week.

Our guys are made of f***ing match-wood and our rivals solid steel.

krackpot likes this.
  11. Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia Well-Known Member

Wenger said that Hector and Coquelin are not far off and could be ready for the next game, Theo would need another two weeks at least.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  12. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

Theo's injury is getting pretty annoying now.

Vinci and Nyctophobia like this.
  13. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Should cut our losses in my opinion.

He's only of use for three months every season. Other than that he is injured, getting back to match fitness, benched because of contract negotiations or he simply can't control a football.

Hyruga and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  14. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

You could say that about half a dozen of our players tbf :lol:

15. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

As @Vinci we must at all costs get him off our books. 10+ seasons, little improvement, high wages and he's an injury prone as they come. The injuries have been a problem but we cant keep depending on players like him to be fit to play let alone produce on the pitch.

16. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Should've sold him years back. Can't remember the last full season he's given us. £140k p/w for a lad who genuinely has difficulty dribbling :lol:.

Hyruga likes this.
  17. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Coquelin has superhuman healing powers btw.

18. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Has no difficulty dribbling, just not with the feet:lol:

19. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

How do you sell a guy like Theo who'll demand those wages? We ****ed it with that contract.

20. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

I agree but he does score when he's fit - just can't stay fit. Anyway, he's with us till death or Arséne leaves for sure.

How can you forget this dribbbbble