Player Fitness Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Taylor Gang Gunners, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

True, very true.

Great moment, but these moments are too few and far between.

2. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Only Cazorla and yer man Sanogo out injured right now.

Expecting at least 2 injuries on Saturday.

3. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Any news about Santi? I'd hate to write him off since he's quality, but we can't keep relying on a man who breaks down for 75% of the season.

4. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Had another op a couple of weeks ago, out for the season basically.

5. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Hallel . . . f***ing . . . ujah. We're actually near the bottom of the injury league. :lol:

Looked at those stats every week for years and can't remember seeing us third from bottom with just one injury. Come at the right time too. Chelsea still bottom with 0 injuries again.

Santi's plantaris injury shows no return date again.

6. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I'd love to know how many tens of millions we've spent on wages over the last ten years on players who haven't been fit to perform. Sour grapes maybe but I'd say Cazorla has pocked around 7 - 8m doing nothing. Wilshere, well, his accountant would struggle to keep up. Week in 4 weeks out Ramsey, seasons on end Diaby and towards the end Arteta. Injuries are part and parcel I accept but we haven't had part and parcel injuries

Tens of millions doesn't cover it more like hundreds of millions . Lost productivity isn't confined to store house workers.

Trilly, albakos and Gooner Zig like this.
  7. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

Done forget Rosicky and Van Persie.

albakos likes this.
  8. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

There are loads of examples. Eduardo, Vermaelen, Flamini, Ox, Gibbs, Walcott, Debuchy and I'm sure more smaller but frequent injuries that go unnoticed.

Last year Wilshere was out for 240 days and Rosicky out for 211 days. That's wild. A year and 80 days worth of wages wasted.

This year Mertesacker and Cazorla have missed 318 days. Almost a full year of wasted wages.

Drives me nuts. Wenger makes Arlene Foster look she's cooking money on a small family Bbq while he shovels it into reactor 5c at Hinkley!

Trilly and Gooner Zig like this.
  9. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

How long ago
    How long ago was that?

10. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Well-Known Member

I can sympathize with the injuries though and understand. Its a part of football at the end of the day.

I think its naive to say "look at Chelsea", they must have great doctors or perhaps their proportion of carbs to protein is what makes them more "durable". Bodies vary wildly and competitive football is massive stress on the body.

I can't get through an hour of 5 a side without something weird going wrong and I'm a reasonably fit and healthy 25-year old.

GeorgiaGunner and Mark Tobias like this.
  11. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

12. Preacher

Preacher Twitter Bot

I don't have any conficence in Ospina, especially in EPL games.

13. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Gedion Zelalem making his way back. Long way back for him.

15. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Sadly he will never become an Arsenal-player. Was unlikely to make it even before his injury. Hopefully he can still have a decent career.

Ricardinho likes this.
  16. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

think he's still rated from what I've read on reddit and twitter. Needs to bulk up mainly.

17. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory The wheel turns Moderator

18. Bergkamp1988

Bergkamp1988 Active Member

Ahah! Fantastic. A French article is reporting that Emery wants his players to. Lose 1.3kg of "fat" to be transformed to muscle mass. Plus each player must run 750 meters more per game in order to fit with his demanding tactics.

I quite fancy that ! More importantly I hope he'll be able to make it happen. It's about time our guys get a kick in the buttock.