• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Fitness Watch

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

SYS

I just read Coquelin may be back in time for Swansea but Ramsey is still out.

I just hope we are being over cautious given his history with hamstring injuries but feck me he has been out since 14th August, that's almost two months with a three week injury.

Coquelin and Ramsey have both been first choice before injury. i would read it as Coquelin still is whereas Ramsey isnt

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

I remember saying the pitch should be looked at and got "if it was something as obvious as the pitch, it would've been sorted by now."

It's easy to overlook something like a playing surface when determining why we get so many injuries- particularly as our facilities rank among the best in Europe.

This is great news, imagine the christmas period with a fully fit team.
smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes.png

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From Arseblog:

WENGER: PROGRESS ON MUSCULAR INJURIES IS TREMENDOUS

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal have made tremendous progress reducing the number of muscular injuries sustained by players, but he says it’s too early to suggest the improvement will influence the club’s title chances.

“It’s a bit early to say that [we have fewer injuries].” he told his pre-Middlesbrough press conference.

“I believe we have improved on the muscular injuries front tremendously in the last two or three years.

“Last year we were a bit unlucky with the knocks we got and joint injuries as they were down to blocks in the game. Overall on the muscular front I think we have done much better. Hopefully we can continue that.

Asked what his medical team are doing differently, the boss stressed that the improvement was not down to any single adjustment.

“It’s not one measure. We analyse the level of fatigue and recovery and the preparation, the prevention…everything is a bit more scientific. Maybe that makes you a little bit more predictable to what could happen.

“We know the players very well now because we have data for a few years, we can analyse when they got injured, the repetition of some signs or warnings. We know them much better.

The boss also touched on how his 30-years of managerial experience helps him make decisions about when to rest players. Criticism was arrowed in his direction when he rested Mesut Özil at the start of the season, however, having watched the German score eight goals in ten games he says he’s been justified.

“I have to make the right decisions and be convinced by the things I do. After, criticism is part of being exposed to a public job.

“I think so [resting Özil was right]. I have a lot of experience on that front. I managed players who go to the big tournaments for a long time. I gave an even bigger break to Sanchez. I gave him five weeks because he had an ankle injury as well. I believe it took them some time to get back to their best but it was the right decision.”

Arseblog News will now put £10 on Özil and Sanchez sustaining ‘Grade 3’ tears to their respective hamstrings. And another £5 on Mike Dean sending them both off for limping.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
From Arseblog:

WENGER: PROGRESS ON MUSCULAR INJURIES IS TREMENDOUS

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal have made tremendous progress reducing the number of muscular injuries sustained by players, but he says it’s too early to suggest the improvement will influence the club’s title chances.

“It’s a bit early to say that [we have fewer injuries].” he told his pre-Middlesbrough press conference.

“I believe we have improved on the muscular injuries front tremendously in the last two or three years.

“Last year we were a bit unlucky with the knocks we got and joint injuries as they were down to blocks in the game. Overall on the muscular front I think we have done much better. Hopefully we can continue that.

Asked what his medical team are doing differently, the boss stressed that the improvement was not down to any single adjustment.

“It’s not one measure. We analyse the level of fatigue and recovery and the preparation, the prevention…everything is a bit more scientific. Maybe that makes you a little bit more predictable to what could happen.

“We know the players very well now because we have data for a few years, we can analyse when they got injured, the repetition of some signs or warnings. We know them much better.

The boss also touched on how his 30-years of managerial experience helps him make decisions about when to rest players. Criticism was arrowed in his direction when he rested Mesut Özil at the start of the season, however, having watched the German score eight goals in ten games he says he’s been justified.

“I have to make the right decisions and be convinced by the things I do. After, criticism is part of being exposed to a public job.

“I think so [resting Özil was right]. I have a lot of experience on that front. I managed players who go to the big tournaments for a long time. I gave an even bigger break to Sanchez. I gave him five weeks because he had an ankle injury as well. I believe it took them some time to get back to their best but it was the right decision.”

Arseblog News will now put £10 on Özil and Sanchez sustaining ‘Grade 3’ tears to their respective hamstrings. And another £5 on Mike Dean sending them both off for limping.

Not totally convinced by that.

Not necessarily that much improvement with muscular injuries?

Complaining that it was just bad luck last season. More hamstrings for Ramsey, although maybe only 2 compared to 3 the previous season? But he's already got another one this season. Walcott, Chamberlain. Sanchez started with a hamstring injury and was then out for 8 weeks.

Coq and Cazorla seemed a bit less avoidable.

The defenders have been kept remarkably fit for a while up until Mertesacker and Gabriel went down. It used to seem like they all went down at once. Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Gibbs, Debuchy

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope Shad Forsythe is earning his keep, and that we'll have less injuries this season. I think that could be vital in keeping us in the race.

SYS

Welbeck saved for the second half of the season. Either pace or more pace is the tactic I would expect

“He’s ahead of schedule and he’ll be back in January. It will take two months competition for him to get back to his best," Wenger said.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
So Giroud is in the squad for Tuesday, but Ramsey is not. He's in full training though.

How long have we been missing him now? Thought it was 3 weeks originally... And Cazorla "won't be available." That's him out till January as well then I guess..

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Perez set to miss six weeks

Arsenal striker Lucas Perez is set to miss six weeks after sustaining ankle ligament damage in their EFL Cup win over Reading earlier this week.

According to the IB Times, the forward, who was making a rare start on Tuesday, is expected to miss the whole of November including three key games against Sp**s, Manchester United and PSG – the latter in the Champions League.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/37158573

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Perez set to miss six weeks

Arsenal striker Lucas Perez is set to miss six weeks after sustaining ankle ligament damage in their EFL Cup win over Reading earlier this week.

According to the IB Times, the forward, who was making a rare start on Tuesday, is expected to miss the whole of November including three key games against Sp**s, Manchester United and PSG – the latter in the Champions League.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/37158573

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/arsenal-vs-reading-league-cup/lucas-injury.html

It was that ****ing Reading neanderthal. The tackle never even produced a yellow, was absolutely disgusting.

Bumbling, technically-inferior, piece of **** had just came on the pitch too. Probably received instructions to "put himself about." Knew it was bad when Lucas went straight down the tunnel.

Shocking challenge, the size of the geezer, he looks 18 stone. It's a sad day when we have to pay the price for the clumsiness of some Championship level ****.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Giroud and Ramsey back in the squad, though he will be cautious with Ramsey. Uncertainties about Walcott, Monreal and Cazorla, they will all have tests today.

If they have tests, it's not long term at least. Need them all back before Sp**s.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's eight player injured, suspended or not really match fit.

The frustration :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom