Player Fitness Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Taylor Gang Gunners, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

So is Wilson Palacios :lol:.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Forgot about him :lol:

Seriously though, Leicester signed Gokhan Inler for a reasonably small fee. Would he have been a worse backup than Arteta or Flamini? So frustrating thinking about the lack of business this summer.

3. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Get Bielik in, honestly think he can't do worse than Arteta and Flamini. Atleast he has potential unlike Arteta and Flam who are at the end of their careers. Hopefully he gets a chance in the League cup game and impresses Wenger enough to consider it at least.

4. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

I'd go for that, but won't Mertesacker still be out, suppose we could have Debuchy at CB. Although maybe Ramsey and Arteta or Cazorla with Chamberlain wide?

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

If we end up dropping many points due to the lack of a good DM then I'm officially Wenger out.

Two seasons in a row of lost points due to negligence in the transfer window would get you sacked at pretty much any club.

This would be one step too far from Wenger imo.

6. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

According to this mirror article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/refs-should-wise-diego-costas-6481808

7. Taylor Gang Gunners

8. JENSON_GUNNER

JENSON_GUNNER Well-Known Member

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

But is Mertesacker back to full fitness, without Gabriel we really are up sh*t creek. I like Arteta but if he plays more than one game a week I guarantee he'll get injured, I'm sure of it.

10. Taylor Gang Gunners

Mertesacker has been training for over a week now! All he had was an illness, unless that car crash he was in had him in a dodgy state of mind.

11. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

We need Welbeck and Wilshere back to sort out our horrendous RW issue, and to get Cazorla out of the horrible B2B position.

12. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

13. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Arteta and Rosicky should be gone at the end of the season. No point in keeping them, only to ensure our medical team stays busy after Diaby's exit.

14. ArsenesNO1Fan

Arteta is on a 2 year contract and would be a good 3rd choice in the advent of a 2nd/1st choice coming in next summer when Flamini leaves.

15. Bould14

Bould14 Well-Known Member

Arteta signed a 1 year deal I thought.

16. ArsenesNO1Fan

Reports seem to confirm that, someone on here said 2 so I was going by that.

17. RUS arsenal

RUS arsenal Well-Known Member

Arteta is coaching our U16, he'll probably make a good coach in years to come...

SA Gunner and SuperGoon like this.
  18. ScotVieira

ScotVieira Well-Known Member

I have become sceptical about his pronouncements on injuries. It always seems longer than whatever he says whereas with other clubs, players seem to come back ahead of schedule.

19. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

20. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Insane. Just looking up what was going on with Diaby and it looks like he could be back out on the pitch soon.

The article highlighted how highly rated he is still by some in France

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Marseille-debut-French-club-play-careful.html

I look forward to watching him out on the pitch again soon!

redanddread and American_Gooner like this.