• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann 4 - no words for his f*ck up
Cole 8 - looked very good in the first haft, especially going foward.
Campbell 8 - great one-on-one ratio, maybe one of our best players yesterday
Kolo 7 - good as usual, but lost it a little in the 2nd half
Lauren 6 - did ok, but that one run from Duff, where he almost scored was Laurens resposibility
Ljungberg 5 - active, but completely ineffective. Should not have played yesterday
Pires 6 - good first half, but dissappeared completely in the 2nd
Vieira 8 - dominated the midfield in the 1st half, but got overrun by Chelsea due to lack of support from our other players
Edu 6 - like Pires: good first half, but lost it in the 2nd
Henry 5 - dissapointing, but at least in the first half, he showed some action, although not very effective
Reyes 8 - we need more players like him

PolishGooner

TheTrol said:
Is every one here completly f*d ???
Henry is one of the best player in the world !
He is in a bad period and you all spit on him ???
Just remember what he did for arsenal ...
Such a reaction from you guys just disgusts me ....

we are talking about yesterday match not his overall record. Yesterday he was ****, you have to admit that.

jackycreegs

surely people are just saying that he had a poor game. no one's denying the fact that the guy is class. if he's been injured for the last few games i don't think he should have been playing.

Sammer

Established Member
Henry is not some impeccable god who cannot be critizsed when he performs badly.

But it showed, that we need a Henry in good form to win crucial games against top teams (which Chelsea obviousely is).

He can make the difference, which he hasn´t in the last four games.

But then again: his great performances in the EPL and in the CL (against Inter) made it all happen in the first place.

So I believe its utterly stupid and immature to start Henry-bashing here, although critizising on a fair level must be OK

Aussie

Established Member
I can understand people being upset with Henry's performances coming into one of the most important periods in our History he failed to deliver like we expected him too. He wasnt the only one who struggled though.

bobbypires

Established Member
Lehmann - 3
Lauren - 8
Campbell - 8.5
Toure - 9
Cole - 8
Ljungberg - 7
Edu - 6
Vieira - 5.5
Pires - 8
Reyes - 8.5
Henry - 5

Ak

generally i thin most of us agree kolo and sol were our best players. the trouble is they must have been absolutly shatered. how many games have they played?

we have a super first team and absolutly no depth. ok clichy, parlour, kanu, then....
we really need to drop lehman for the next match.

i agree with jgooner'z ratings. henry..... the guy is capable of SOOO much, its jst devistating wen he doesnt perform.
but there is alwayz next year.... :D

tbbosa

Why is anyone giving Lehman any marks?..he deserves 0!!!

Lehman---0!!(for ruining my easter!!)

Lauren----8 (was very good tonight..we should be sorry for anything we have said about him)

Cole..7

kolo---9 (feel sorry for him that others do not work as hard)

Sol---8 (feel sorry for him too.)

Viera--7 (Had a great pass..let down by his fellow country men..pires and Th).

Edu--5 (Was average ..made me wonder wether we shld have started with Silva).

Freedie--4 (He has been so poor this season..we should get pennant back)

Pires---4 (Dissapointed with him)

Henry---3 :( (I won't complain if he does not win FIFA/UEFA player of the year..may be he does not deserve it after all)

Reyes------8 (Let down by the so called seniors)

DB10 ..4 (Did not have enough time to amke an impact)

Am beyond pissed..gutted!!

wiltord11

tbbosa said:
Why is anyone giving Lehman any marks?..he deserves 0!!!

Lehman---0!!(for ruining my easter!!)

Lauren----8 (was very good tonight..we should be sorry for anything we have said about him)

Cole..7

kolo---9 (feel sorry for him that others do not work as hard)

Sol---8 (feel sorry for him too.)

Viera--7 (Had a great pass..let down by his fellow country men..pires and Th).

Edu--5 (Was average ..made me wonder wether we shld have started with Silva).

Freedie--4 (He has been so poor this season..we should get pennant back)

Pires---4 (Dissapointed with him)

Henry---3 :( (I won't complain if he does not win FIFA/UEFA player of the year..may be he does not deserve it after all)

Reyes------8 (Let down by the so called seniors)

DB10 ..4 (Did not have enough time to amke an impact)

Am beyond pissed..gutted!!

yeh i agree with that except for the freedie bit i thought he tried hard thought edu was very poor even in the first half i would of gone for gilberto for this one edu has been looking tired and gilberto would of just protected us more and i prefere irt when we have vieira driving us forward not edu. i think wenger will put gilberto back in with vieira in midfield and gilberto will get his place back

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
bobbypires said:
Lehmann - 3
Lauren - 8
Campbell - 8.5
Toure - 9
Cole - 8
Ljungberg - 7
Edu - 6
Vieira - 5.5
Pires - 8
Reyes - 8.5
Henry - 5
lol, have you ever thought Pires has played poorly in a match? the only time i've seen you omit Pires from your top 3 players in a match was when he wasn't playing. Pires did sweet **** all last night. 8/10? hahah

Gooner83

kaids said:
bobbypires said:
Lehmann - 3
Lauren - 8
Campbell - 8.5
Toure - 9
Cole - 8
Ljungberg - 7
Edu - 6
Vieira - 5.5
Pires - 8
Reyes - 8.5
Henry - 5
lol, have you ever thought Pires has played poorly in a match? the only time i've seen you omit Pires from your top 3 players in a match was when he wasn't playing. Pires did sweet f**k all last night. 8/10? hahah

Pires is a class act though, but last night he was miss placing passes all over the place... looked like his legs had gone too.

What kinda training does Wenger do, these players are not even lasting a season.

bobbypires

Established Member
That's my point of view. And I'm not the only one. Spanish tvs think the same. Toure, Campbell & Pires the best players. Maybe 8/10 is too much, but Pires is Pires. And I recognise when he plays bad (Man Utd last Saturday).

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Gooner83 said:
Pires is a class act though, but last night he was miss placing passes all over the place... looked like his legs had gone too.

What kinda training does Wenger do, these players are not even lasting a season.
Well, he uses a very small pool of players. I read a little while back that Arsenal had used the fewest number of players this season in the premiership, something like 18. That affords players very few rests.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom