• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - FA: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 17/02/07

Timleaf

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Heh, until Rosicky and Adebayor came on, Flamini looked our best player from the stands

I'd agree with that. The low marks he's recieved in this thread are indicitive of the fact that people simply assume he's had a poor game because it's Flamini and he didn't do anything 'special'. He did his job flawlessly today and you can't ask for much more.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Timleaf said:
asajoseph said:
Heh, until Rosicky and Adebayor came on, Flamini looked our best player from the stands

I'd agree with that. The low marks he's recieved in this thread are indicitive of the fact that people simply assume he's had a poor game because it's Flamini and he didn't do anything 'special'. He did his job flawlessly today and you can't ask for much more.
Goal would be nice. :wink:

Timleaf

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Timleaf said:
asajoseph said:

So that was your rationale for giving him a 3 was it? :roll:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Timleaf said:
1970*Gooner said:
Timleaf said:
asajoseph said:

So that was your rationale for giving him a 3 was it? :roll:
No I gave him that because I thought he was crap :lol:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Hoyte 6
Toure 6.5
Senderos 6.5
Gallas 6
Walcott 3
Flamini 5
Fabregas 6
Ljungberg 6
Henry 3
Aliadiere 6

Rosicky 6
Adebayor 6
Clichy 6

RC8

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
basically all i am saying is that henry hasn't proven himself worthy of a place in the line-up this seaseon, the stats will back him up but they are very misleading as he hasn't even played well, if everyone was available than it should be Ade & VP, but the boss would not have done that, so in summary, players should not be played based on reputation

Which is important to this thread exactly how?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

RC8 said:
Jameel46 said:
basically all i am saying is that henry hasn't proven himself worthy of a place in the line-up this seaseon, the stats will back him up but they are very misleading as he hasn't even played well, if everyone was available than it should be Ade & VP, but the boss would not have done that, so in summary, players should not be played based on reputation

Which is important to this thread exactly how?
:lol:

athreya74

kel varnsen said:
Soler said:
Almunia: 7
Hoyte: 6
Toure: 7
Senderos: 7
Gallas: 7
Walcott: 5
Flamini: 5
Cesc: 6
Ljungberg: 5
Henry: 5
Aliadiere: 7

i'd give gallas a 6, otherwise i pretty much agree with those ratings.

Agree. Will give Cesc a 10 for his reported comments to Hughes. :D Nice sense of humour.

The problem with Flamini, and this is my impression when I have seen him play along with Cesc, is that the workload on Cesc increases and it affects Cesc's game. Clearly Flamini is not as dependable as Bert, so Cesc has to have a balance between going forward and defending. And nobody would accuse Flamini of having an eye for a pass from the middle.

That said, Cesc has been looking flat for the last two games. Hope he gets into groove quickly for the CL matches.

I am also worried about Theo. I wonder what position he plays in training. He should be picking up some tricks from watching Hleb and Rosicky by now.

Lukazan

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Heh, until Rosicky and Adebayor came on, Flamini looked our best player from the stands - he made himself available for every pass, and although he really lacks the ability to do anything much with the ball that isn't extremely conservative, he played pretty well in both halves for me. I'd probably give him a 6, along with the back five. Everyone else gets 4-5, because nobody really offered anything at all. Rosicky and Adebayor looked a cut above most of the dross we'd been doing for the first 70 minutes.

I also thought Flamini looked the best player from a very very poor bunch (aside from the backline). However, if the team plays poorly, and Flamini is part of that team, you can be sure he'll pick up the brunt of the criticism no matter how he actually played.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I agree with you.
Flamini did play a good game- our best midfielder yesterday- but he isn't bringing enough to the team.
For example, his passes are never putting the team in the right direction. It's always a pass to the back or to the sides, but never forward.

If the rest of the midfield had played a good game though, I'm sure his rating would have been much higher.

To sum up, he's an ok player for us, but he will never be an exceptionnal player.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom