• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players 'carrying' Arsenal

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You seem to be missing the essence of the post - the team being "built around Cesc" in your conception appears to mean that he had all the right tools for the job ala Messi at Barca, which couldn't be further from the case.

In reality Wenger knew that the only way to get through that barren patch is to play to clearly the best player in the squad's strengths. But this isn't "building a team around Cesc", this is simply mitigating a financial period sensibly.

If he had a team built around him, he'd have had much better players to complement his play style.
Playing to a players strength as in changing the style of play, formation, player profile with regards to recruitment is what I mean by building a team around a player and Wenger did all of those things. All of those players I mentioned were indeed quality players and did complement him very well. The fact that we didn’t have enough depth and terrible defenders/goalies while Cesc was at the club is a completely different issue.

mpower2540

Think 2010/11 was the last time I genuinely believed we could actually win the league. Song and Wilshere with Fabregas in the midfield.

Van Persie up top, Walcott and Nasri on the wings and Sczezney was brought in for the hopeless Almunia. We just couldn’t get them all on the pitch at the same time enough due to injuries. Couldn’t believe how badly we imploded that year.

Ps. Sorry it’s not really related to the thread I just watched the season review DVD and needed to vent/I’m real lonely

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think 2010/11 was the last time I genuinely believed we could actually win the league. Song and Wilshere with Fabregas in the midfield.

Van Persie up top, Walcott and Nasri on the wings and Sczezney was brought in for the hopeless Almunia. We just couldn’t get them all on the pitch at the same time enough due to injuries. Couldn’t believe how badly we imploded that year.

Ps. Sorry it’s not really related to the thread I just watched the season review DVD and needed to vent/I’m real lonely

Was a very good team, needs better CBs though...Kos was too raw, and Djourou (who I liked) didn’t have it in the head to be a top defender...put Kos and Per from 2014 in that team, and I reckon we win the league.

Top Bottom