• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mraven

I wonder if he can play in the midfield for us in the future as a backup to Torreira.

I like Chambers, but there is no way he’ll ever break into our midfield. We are already packed with hot prospects that are much more suited to CM than him.

Shaun90

I like Chambers, but there is no way he’ll ever break into our midfield. We are already packed with hot prospects that are much more suited to CM than him.

Agree 100% with this. Think the club needs to have a review on how they bring through young defenders particularly centre backs at the 21 and under age. Can't remember the last one we brought through successfully ie has become an undisputed starter. Maybe Kolo who came in as a 20 year old? Djourou had a season where he broke 40+ games mostly starts. Chambers and Holding since day 1 have had maybe a couple first team runs in 3 season's each? Otherwise they've never had significant runs. Not saying they should be starting but maybe we should be considering loans a little earlier and maybe for longer for young defenders. Let them make mistakes and learn elsewhere and get that game time.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agree 100% with this. Think the club needs to have a review on how they bring through young defenders particularly centre backs at the 21 and under age. Can't remember the last one we brought through successfully ie has become an undisputed starter. Maybe Kolo who came in as a 20 year old? Djourou had a season where he broke 40+ games mostly starts. Chambers and Holding since day 1 have had maybe a couple first team runs in 3 season's each? Otherwise they've never had significant runs. Not saying they should be starting but maybe we should be considering loans a little earlier and maybe for longer for young defenders. Let them make mistakes and learn elsewhere and get that game time.
We afforded so much time to Xhaka, we should be doing the same to other younger players.

scytheavatar

Established Member

If Emery wants us to move towards 4-3-3 then we will need more midfielders, especially the ones who can defend well. Right now other than Torreira our midfielders are a bit soft and not reliable defensively.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If Emery wants us to move towards 4-3-3 then we will need more midfielders, especially the ones who can defend well. Right now other than Torreira our midfielders are a bit soft and not reliable defensively.
Think Bielik should be more of a shout then.

Here's some news directly related to loans:

http://trainingground.guru/articles/knapper-promoted-to-become-arsenals-first-loans-manager

LEAD analyst Ben Knapper has been promoted to the new role of Loans Manager by Arsenal.

This position has become increasingly prevalent in the Premier League in recent seasons due to the number of players that clubs have out on loan.

Chelsea, who currently have 39 players out on loan, actually have TWO loan bosses - former players Tore Andre Flo and Paulo Ferreira.

Arsenal have a more modest seven out on loan at the moment - David Ospina (Napoli), Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim), Kelechi Nwakali (Porto B), Calum Chambers (Fulham), Matt Macey (Plymouth), Takuma Asano (Hannover 96) and Krystian Bielik (Charlton).

Knapper will oversee the process for deciding which players should go out on loan and where; and will then monitoring how they are doing once away from the club. He will work closely with manager Unai Emery, Head of Football Relations Raul Sanllehi and Academy Manager Per Mertesacker.

This is a very important development, especially for our academy players. I expect a few U23s will go out on loan this January:

Ben Sheaf
Jordi Osei-Tutu
Cohen Bramall
Tyreece John-Jules
Charlie Gilmour
Potentially Xavier Amaechi - although the club will want to keep him as he's eligible for the Youth Cup.
Joe Willock could also go on loan too.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Think Bielik should be more of a shout then.

Here's some news directly related to loans:

http://trainingground.guru/articles/knapper-promoted-to-become-arsenals-first-loans-manager

This is a very important development, especially for our academy players. I expect a few U23s will go out on loan this January:

Ben Sheaf
Jordi Osei-Tutu
Cohen Bramall
Tyreece John-Jules
Charlie Gilmour
Potentially Xavier Amaechi - although the club will want to keep him as he's eligible for the Youth Cup.
Joe Willock could also go on loan too.

Yes this will be a very important position going forward. It's very important we properly monitor our young loanees and they are fully assessed/briefed pre, during, and post loan. The fact that a previous youth player wanted feedback on his loan and was told nothing has infuriated me as this is something which should be done as part of a sporting appraisal process!! What the hell have they been doing!!!

Shaun90

Yes this will be a very important position going forward. It's very important we properly monitor our young loanees and they are fully assessed/briefed pre, during, and post loan. The fact that a previous youth player wanted feedback on his loan and was told nothing has infuriated me as this is something which should be done as part of a sporting appraisal process!! What the hell have they been doing!!!

Who is this player who got no feedback? The story doesn't surprise me at all our loaning of youth players has been a disaster for years.

There doesn't seem to be a clear plan of progression for loanees.

They do well one year in a league but instead of moving up they languish instead of pushing on.

We seen them to clubs with managers who are our complete antithesis.

We loan players, bring them back knowing they're 4th or 5th in the pecking order so they won't play, stifling their development when we maybe could have loaned them to the same club for a second year AND then we loan them again. Does anyone honestly see a future for Chambers at the club?

Overseas I often see 2 year or year and half loan deals that have worked out well because there's a degree of continuation and progression. Hopefully the new Loan Manager will add some rhyme or reason to it all.

Mudi

bring Chambers back, I say! He can cover RB.
No way! Chambers is not the solution for our RB problem.

Also, is there a future for Chambers at Arsenal? I don't think so, so let the guy play at Fulham and sell him at the end of the season for 20-25 m£.

That's how Liverpool/Chelsea/Sp**s sell their lesser players for decent money. Us, on the other hand, we give the players after a loan another chance but they don't impress and we are stuck with them. Another loan follows with and devaluation of the player as a result.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No way! Chambers is not the solution for our RB problem.

Also, is there a future for Chambers at Arsenal? I don't think so, so let the guy play at Fulham and sell him at the end of the season for 20-25 m£.

That's how Liverpool/Chelsea/Sp**s sell their lesser players for decent money. Us, on the other hand, we give the players after a loan another chance but they don't impress and we are stuck with them. Another loan follows with and devaluation of the player as a result.
he's still useful to us I think.
Chambers was the best prospect just a few years ago and he has always had good performances

He can also fill in at DM and RB.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It would cost us money to bring him back. We'd have to pay a recall fee.... Not going to happen.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Great goal from Chambers to start a successful Fulham comeback. He has a good shot in him. Surely we can use him as a back up DM next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom