Players On Loan Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Aug 6, 2016.

1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Or he stays, which would also be good.

2. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Much prefer Bielik to stay. Very unique style.

If we continue to play 3 CBs, he will be a great choice as a Sweeper/Libero.

3. krackpot

4. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Active Member

I think Martinez has to be promoted to #2 behind Leno & we have to keep him with Petr retiring. Ospina has good games & saves no doubt but I think it's time we made the decision to sell Ospina & promote Martinez.

yybecause and Aevius like this.
  5. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

What's going on with ospina, have Napoli triggered the clause to sign him permanently?

6. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Active Member

I'd have no idea sorry mate, I doubt they wouldn't be too far off as he has played well for them during his time on loan.

Ricardinho likes this.
  7. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

That are really some good saves for half of a season.
    Of course we don't know how many "bad moments" he had.

He played 18 games for Reading, 5 clean sheets. He conceded 23 goals in this time.
    In the previous 28 games they conceded 43 goals without him.

Bielik scored this goal for Charlton. He really has fantastic movement for such a big player, it looks so natural for him.
    Has one more year left at Arsenal. Sadly i think Emery will not give him a chance a pre-season and we will try to sell him.

Would like to have CDMs like Chambers or Bielik instead of Elneny at Arsenal.

8. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Always liked Bielik, and was always curious what seams to be the problem with him getting more recognition. Can't watch him regularly so I can only guess...

Martinez HAS to be given backup role to Leno

krackpot likes this.
  9. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Up The Reds #YNWA Trusted

Martinez has had very few bad moments, he’s consistently won man of the match’s and in several games won them points almost single handedly.

The Reading fan boards have been raving about him for months. He’s probably one of the key reasons they’ve avoided relegation. Absolutely smashed his loan out of the park.

In the few games I’ve seen Bielik he’s absolutely dicked on the league. Watched him first hand dominate Shrewsbury. Looks a PL quality player imo.

10. krackpot

ESR came on in the 90th minute against Bayern, and Nelson was in the 75th minute.

Nelson reportedly had a good game.

11. MutableEarth

Nelson was good when he came on. Needed to see more of the ball - should have been on the end of some of those chances as he'd have scored them but it's ok. He did well when coming on and looked to have good body strength to hold off challenges.

krackpot likes this.
  12. krackpot

Think he's definitely improved a lot, especially mentally.

Really like him. Seems very humble and ready to listen to advice. Hope he has a great career here

13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid StatDNA Expert

He improved physically this season?

14. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Opta Loyalist

Napoli benched him one game short of reaching the automatic trigger for an obligation to buy. They want to keep him, but De Laurentis wants to negotiate a better deal with Arsenal.

krackpot likes this.
  15. MutableEarth

Definitely looks stronger. Just hope he doesn't lose too much acceleration. Everyone always wants players to bulk up until they become slow off the mark (e.g. Wilshere).

Me too - I don't think he's improved as much as I'd like due to the lack of sustained minutes but he's definitely become better off the ball.

krackpot likes this.
  16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid StatDNA Expert

He still need to add some weight and I don't believe you lose that much acceleration if adding the weight is done correctly.

17. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Nelson needs to be with the first team next season, he won't improve playing with bums like Szalai and Belfodil. I think ESR is ready for a squad role as well but I expect he will be having a full season at RBL.

Bielik has clearly shown he needs to be playing higher than L1. He should take Elneny's role in the squad with a view to him playing more regularly. If he's good enough he will get minutes, if not then he'll still probably be better than Elneny.

If its between Bielik and Chambers I'd rather Bielik gets the chance. Despite two promising loans I think Chambers has repeatedly shown he's not quite Arsenal standard. With his Fulham performances I reckon we can get 20m from a mid-table team.

krackpot likes this.
  18. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

19. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Opta Loyalist

20. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

idiotic tweet

NieThePiet and krackpot like this.