• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Callum Chambers seems to have given away a penalty. Was wrongly awarded, judging from the commentary

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
In Focus: 'Arsenal's Calum Chambers has been faultless for Middlesbrough - he's proving everyone wrong'
The 21-year-old put in another assured display against Leicester - and is now a crucial member of Boro's side

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...s/focus-arsenals-calum-chambers-been-12236301

Glad he's getting the plaudits he deserves but the headline is a bit misleading. "Proving everyone wrong'? Loads of Gooners rate Calum, opposition fans tend to think of him as a full back though.

I still harbour hopes that Holding and Chambers can be the first choice pairing for us and England.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Anyone know how Szczesny's been doing?

It'd be great to know without having to go through the trouble of (poorly) translating the Roma forum again. :D

Relic

Fairplay to @Relic for constant vids/updates on loanees.

It's appreciated lad.

Thanks for the kind words.;)

I've watched as many games as I can with Asano and one thing to consider with him is he is not only getting used to a different county, but also a different position.

As far as I can remember Asano has played his whole life as a striker and is now being asked to play on the left wing. Can't be easy for him, but so far he seems to be doing well.

Bonus: Takuma Asano vs Nurnberg 11/29/2016 (10 mins long)

SYS

Wojciech Szczesny played the full 90 minutes as Roma won 3-2 at home against Pescara. Edin Dzeko struck twice for the hosts, before Ledian Memushaj pulled a goal back for the visitors. Simone Perotti added a third from the penalty spot, before Gianluca Caprari’s late goal wrapped up the scoring.

Calum Chambers played the entire match as Middlesbrough drew 2-2 at Leicester City. Alvaro Negredo gave Boro the lead, before Riyad Mahrez’s equaliser. Negredo found the back of the net once more to restore the hosts' advantage, before Islam Slimani’s last-gasp penalty.

Joel Campbell played 61 minutes before being substituted in Sporting Lisbon's 1-0 win at Boavista. Bas Dost scored the game’s only goal.

Julio Pleguezuelo started in Mallorca’s 1-0 loss at Elche. Guillermo Fernandez scored the game’s only goal before Pleguezuelo picked up a second yellow card in added time.

Kelechi Nwakali played the full 90 minutes as Maastricht won 3-0 at home to Den Bosch. Jeroen Schroijen scored the opening goal, before strikes from Thomas Verheijdt and Dyon Gijzen made the win secure.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20161128/loan-watch-szczesny-features#bpBSdzUYVHeZA8Cz.99

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Think he is out of contract next summer.

Unfortunately yes.

I was having high hopes that Wenger would keep him in squad to fight for a place after the trio of Mikel Flamsicky departed last season. I think he could provide a good competitor to Elneny for a squad position.

As @MutableEarth noted for last season, he was by far the best loanee and was rightly voted POTY for Brum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom