Players that have left Arsenal and bettered themselves?

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by UlsterBranch, May 2, 2004.

1. UlsterBranch

UlsterBranch New Member

Of recent times who can you think of. They have to be fairly decent

For starters out of the big money ones sold (anelka, petit, overmars) none of them have

Gio van Bronckhorst (although still technically our player) has done very well for himself at Barca. Ive always rated Gio as a player but injuries and competition didnt help him at arsenal

other players out and havent
    Hartson
    Silvinho
    S.Hughes
    Merson
    R.Wright
    Diawara
    Upson (possibly)
    Boa Morte (possibly)

2. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

Junichi Inamoto

freeglennhelder2 likes this.
  3. MAK

MAK New Member

Andy Cole did OK after he left. I always wished that we had got rid of Kevin Campbell and kept Cole.

Apparently he was a bit of a trouble maker so off he went.

4. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Cole got caught stealing something didn't he? Hence the "thief" chants at Highbury directed at him :D

5. Split

Split New Member Trusted

Yeah he used to steal out of the players pockets in the dressing rooms.

6. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt New Member

glenn helder, vince bartram, chris kiwomya, eddie mcgoldrick,.....

oh wait they all sucked!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cole did really well after leaving Arsenal. But then he only played a few games for Arsenal so he never got the chance. If we kept him then maybe he would of been good for us as well. But he did leave, and did become a quality striker for United and Newcastle for a short period of time.
    No other player has done well leaving Arsenal except actually: Upson and Ricketts. They have both done well, but then again they have both moved to ****ter smaller clubs. But nonetheless they still have performed well. Especially Upson

8. Sigun

Sigun New Member

what happend to "Stephan Hughes", where is he?

9. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

I wouldn't say Richard Wright has done well since leaving us. His career has really fallen apart since leaving Ipswich imo.

10. GlasgowGooner

GlasgowGooner New Member

Boamorte has done well this season and is even in the Portugal squad for the summer :shock:

11. The Mini

The Mini New Member

What happened to Hughes?

12. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

Last seen at Watford, I think.

13. ChineseGun

ChineseGun New Member

Hughes was transferred to toffee in 2001 , 3m.

then he was moved to Watford and Rangers.

now he is in Chalton.

poor kid...........

14. The Mini

The Mini New Member

Jerome Thomas is also a condidate, a little early to see, but he actually plays first team now.

15. jc8gooner

jc8gooner New Member Elite

There are very few. It is very good to see that very few players leave Arsenal when they are at the top of their game and first-choice. It helps us to keep a settled and thus successful squad together.

I can hardly think of any who have left Arsenal and bettered themselves significantly. To be honest, just cos Upson has done OK at Brum, does that mean he has bettered himself? It merely shows that he wasn't good enough at a big club, if you ask me. Boa Morte has done very well for himself though, and looks a quality player every time I see him play. Still, you'd hardly say it was a mistake by Arsène to sell him now would you?

16. vin de guerre

vin de guerre New Member

Peter Marinello!!!! :evil:

17. Jkreffer

Jkreffer New Member Trusted

Boa Morte, Andy Cole, Matty Upson...
    Apart from that...not a lot?!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liam Brady :wink:

19. gunnertilldeath

gunnertilldeath New Member Elite

diawara is doing well in france. i think he is top scorer at whatever team he plays for. he sucked ass at arsenal so there wasnt any choice for him but to improve

20. GlasgowGooner

GlasgowGooner New Member

anyone ever know what happned to that Tomas guy from Latvia? i remember him scoring agaisnt Barcelona in the Amsterdam tournament before dissapearing off the face of the earth.