• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players that have left Arsenal and bettered themselves?

A

Anonymous

Jinn said:
Jay Bothroyd.

How is playing for a team that got relegated from the prem, and then a team that has got relegated from Seria A bettering himself?

Or were you having a laugh?

Jinn

Established Member
Oh, did Perugia get relegated? I was having a laugh.

They were certainly hyping him up for a bit.

A

Anonymous

Jinn said:
Oh, did Perugia get relegated? I was having a laugh.

They were certainly hyping him up for a bit.

I think they did anyway, and I thought you must be having a laugh, just got back from the pub so im a bit slow!

KingReyes

Established Member
Jinn said:
From what I remember, he was a prick anyway.

He sure was. Wasn't he the one that got kicked out of the club cause he threw his shirt away after being subbed.

How dare he throw the arsenal shirt away like its trash!
Good riddance!

AFCG7

Established Member
The two who have done best in recent times have been Gio and MOritz Volz.. althoug Volz wasnt given a good run here..he was nevertheless an ARsenal player and he is in many people's team of the season as right back.

marco

JazzG said:
Cole got caught stealing something didn't he? Hence the "thief" chants at Highbury directed at him :D

yeah thats why we got rid of him. if you look at it andy cole is the only young player who we have got rid off who has gone onto do anything. the others ie hughes,shaw, morrow, dickov, vernazza etc the list is endless have all left arsenal but never fulfilled any osrt of potential.

p.s rohan ricketts was also sold for the same reason andy cole was, but he was stealing mobile phones rather than watches which was andy cole's speciality

bellsavage

Do any of you remember Alan Kennedy, he did quite well at liverpool umpteen trophies etc ............. david O'leary went to Leeds and well uh the less said ....... oh yeah the villa. Personally i think the magicman did well when he left, that was a real shock!

vin de guerre

bellsavage said:
Do any of you remember Alan Kennedy, he did quite well at liverpool umpteen trophies etc ............. david O'leary went to Leeds and well uh the less said ....... oh yeah the villa. Personally i think the magicman did well when he left, that was a real shock!
I think you are a LITTLE dazed and confused! ALAN Kennedy? You may be refering to RAY!!!!
Just to make sure:

Alan Kennedy: Left Back (1978 - 1985)
Date of Birth: 31/08/54
Birthplace: Sunderland
Debut : 19th August 1978 v Queens Park Rangers (H) Football League Division One: Won 2-1
1st team games: 356
1st team goals: 21
Other clubs: Newcastle United, Sunderland, Hartlepool, Beerschot (Belgium), Wigan Athletic

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the only ones i can think of that played better outside of arsenal (after they left) are BoaMorte, Upson (although, played well when he did play here), GvB, David Seaman (just kidding...heh)......

speaking of Seaman, soccernet.com listed his transfer to ManCity as the #1 failed transfers of '03-'04... (told ya Seamo, you never listen)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This thread hasn't been used for ages but I was looking for somewhere to post this Carlos Vela goal and he's certainly a player that belongs in this thread.

What a goal!

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
a lot of our youth had to leave and many have had great careers. Its more rare that someone we sell mid career goes on to light the world on fire.

Among the younger ones, Aneke, Akpom, Afobe, Hayden, Bielik, Rene-Adelaide, Ozyakup, Nordveit Madvidi, Bennacer, Crowley, Yennaris, Ben Sheaf, Ignasi Miquel etc are all doing well as professionals...making a living, playing football at a decent level.

Some older ones like Coquelin, Walcott, Gabriel, Santi seem to be doing okay.

I would say - Fabianski, Rene-Adelaide, Gnabry, Ashley Cole, Santi are good shouts. I hope to see Ramsey, Wilshere and Bielik added to that list.

GunnerUK

Serge Gnabry surely will top any list of players who went onto better their careers. He would cost over £100mil now and probably odds on to be top 10 best in the world by 2025

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bennacer is usually a starter for table-topping Milan. Would 100% start for us now. Bennacer and Partey would've been an excellent partnership.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom