• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players who smoke

Lord Dula

Established Member
Right bit of weird one but I was just wondering if you know of any players that smoke.

I know Zizou, Roberto Carlos and back in the day, Vialli and Boksic smoked, but do you lot know of anymore?

I'm just curious.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think it's more common than you think. I've often seen footballers out and about in clubs and stuff and the majority of them are having the odd fag.

Incidentally, when he was at Arsenal John Hollins fronted a national anti-smoking campaign. He left the campaign when it came out he was a smoker...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
players who smoke will affect their performance and fitness. wonder why zizou and carlos is still so strong

Buhry

Established Member

It would definately damage their fitness, smoking and professional football ain't the best combination.

cubbz_th14

arsenal_hleb said:
players who smoke will affect their performance and fitness. wonder why zizou and carlos is still so strong

an occasional fag is alright i guess, i'm sure they dont go though a 20 deck everyday.. :lol:

Revolution

Gurgen said:
Johan Cruijff used to smoke. Then his heart stopped a couple of times...

Yeah, apparently he was a chain smoker, and smoke a couple before big games and after.

Meatwad

Over here in America athletes don't smoke cigarettes (I'm not talking John Kruk style baseball players who say things like "lady I'm not an athlete" and golfers, car drivers, etc. in other words real athletes), they might smoke weed, but they don't smoke the cancer stick.

flaunt

Well, pot and cigarettes are different.

Pot is medicinal :D

I think nowadays it's rare for the top footballers to smoke regularly - especially at Arsenal - simply because of all the running the modern game needs. You can't afford to be short of breath.

Top Bottom