• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players who you rate, but most others (mainly on AM) don't

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Wait. So because Arsenal have bad players nobody here is allowed to dismiss players of other teams?

Lukaku is good player and I for one respect people opinions of rating him. But my problem with him is that there is no way he can play in Arsenal system. We already have a great header of the ball who can dominate center backs in the box. But look what happen when we put him on these days, we barely cross into the box. Giroud struggle a lot and I rate his technique and link up play higher than Lukaku.

It is all for Lukaku to prove if he can take the step up. But I don't want to find out with him at my club, and not for around 70 millions.

To your first question: That's not what I meant. There's a difference between not rating someone highly and not acknowledging them being an upgrade. I think Vardy is kinda **** but he's still better than our options. It's fair to think Lukaku is not "£60m" good, that's obviously completely subjective, but at the same time it rings a bit hollow when no-one can name a realistic alternative. Hope that makes sense.

Only 5 of Lukaku's goals this season have been headers. Giroud has ironically scored 6 headed goals.

Lukaku isn't just another target man in the style of Giroud, which I feel like many people write him off. Lukaku has started games out wide before, he's quick, mobile, can get it behind a defense, his link-up has improved immensely and he's an absolute bully in the box.

What is exactly is "Giroud like" about this?

lukaku3.gif

I think it's unfair to put the downsides Giroud brings to the table on Lukaku just because they're both above 6"3. Lukaku's dribbling ability, acceleration and pace is miles ahead of Giroud.

I only have to pop in to the Welbeck thread to see several people argue that Welbeck's pace and movement make your attack look better. Lukaku is like 3x the player Welbeck is, but brings a lot of the same qualities along with the ability to score goals.

Last edited:

Only 5 of Lukaku's goals this season have been headers. Giroud has ironically scored 6 headed goals.

Lukaku isn't just another target man in the style of Giroud, which I feel like many people write him off. Lukaku has started games out wide before, he's quick, mobile, can get it behind a defense, his link-up has improved immensely and he's an absolute bully in the box.

What is exactly is "Giroud like" about this?

lukaku3.gif

I think it's unfair to put the downsides Giroud brings to the table on Lukaku just because they're both above 6"3. Lukaku's dribbling ability, acceleration and pace is miles ahead of Giroud.

I only have to pop in to the Welbeck thread to see several people argue that Welbeck's pace and movement make your attack look better. Lukaku is like 3x the player Welbeck is, but brings a lot of the same qualities along with the ability to score goals.

Giroud is a lot more capable playing for us than Lukaku ever will be and Giroud struggle most of the time.

Anyway its clearly a player you rate but other don't. So I'm not gonna go into some debate about overrated Everton striker! Lets agree to disagree!

RoadrunnerReloaded

Lacazette - been saying we should buy this guy for years but I constantly see some Arsenal fans slag him off even though his style fits much better with the rest of our players than Giroud and his numbers continue to impress.

Higuain - underrated as a signing for us mostly due to his failures at the Argentina national set-up. Reality is Higuain is a beast for league matches. This is the signing that we should have made not Suarez! Cheaper,less drama and we could have afforded both him and Özil that summer if we worked it right. That would have won us the league not the vampire Luis.

Kante - missing out on this one while he went to Leicester was a disgrace

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
"Players who you rate, but most others (mainly on AM) don't"

The comparison was made because a lot of the forum rates Ox, they're the same age, and very few rate Lukaku. Lukaku is the league's top scorer, yet he's not good enough to lead the line for Arsenal? There's such a weird disconnect here. Every player listed as good enough to lead the line is out of reach, yet no one else is capable. Lukaku is a clear upgrade on Giroud, young and still has a lot of potential, yet it feels like most would rather just keep Giroud until the mythical chosen one randomly appears up front.

It makes no sense to dismiss someone as not good enough when what you already have is worse.

That doesn't make any sense ffs. You can bet that 99% of this forum rate Lukaku higher than Ox as a player and overall impact. However it depends in terms of what you rate them - if Lukaku was here already, the majority would love him.

But he comes with a price tag playing for another team, and he clearly lacks in many aspects of the game to certainly make it at a big club. That's why he's called a "fraud" at times - in fact that's compliment for him because he's achieving something. You don't see anyone here call Ox a fraud, because quite frankly he hasn't done much.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Lukaku. Most underrated player on here imo, legit people saying he wasn't an upgrade on Giroud less than 12 months ago because of a "lack of first touch". 21 goals and 6 assists this season. Top scorer in the league, playing for Everton. Yet he's never in any teams of the season on here and called a fraud.

Oh, and he turns 24 in a month. He's around the same age as Chamberlain, yet one is a fraud and the other is one of the brightest prospects in England. Sound logic.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Always been surprised at the amount of criticism Lukaku gets on here, especially considering the donkeys we've had up front after Van Persie left.

His first touch is inconsistent (at worst) and he has absolutely been too selfish recently but as far as downsides go that's about it for me. Strong, quick, good dribbler, big game player, incredible goalscoring record considering the teams he has played for.

He's probably not worth £70 million to us but I'm going to hate watching him destroy us over and over again when he's back at Chelsea.

amirkat

Established Member
People who don't see the talent in Sterling are crazy to me. I didn't even think £50 million for him was too crazy at that point - he was the most exciting teenager in Europe.

Dunno how people feel about Lallana, but I rate him. I've always liked those players who do everything before someone else places the assist. Nasri, Hleb etc back in the day for us.

I definitely wanted Lukaku last season. Yeah, his first touch is **** sometimes and his lack of vision is shocking, but think of the goals he'd put away with Özil, Alexis etc feeding him. Double figures since he arrived in England.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Dunno how people feel about Lallana, but I rate him. I've always liked those players who do everything before someone else places the assist. Nasri, Hleb etc back in the day for us.

He's very good.I don't think he was that good when he came to Liverpool and when Rodgers was manager but under Klopp he improved a lot his game.Also in Southampton,he was key player for them when they came back to EPL.Like you said something like Hleb.I don't rate Nasri that much tbh.He's kinda slow and miss something to be complete player.

amirkat

Established Member
He's very good.I don't think he was that good when he came to Liverpool and when Rodgers was manager but under Klopp he improved a lot his game.Also in Southampton,he was key player for them when they came back to EPL.Like you said something like Hleb.I don't rate Nasri that much tbh.He's kinda slow and miss something to be complete player.

Yup, don't remember him being great under Rodgers.

Under Klopp > Southampton >>>>>> Under Rodgers

But he also suits the players he plays with right now - Mane, Firminho etc. As much as I like Lallana, don't think he would look as great at Arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Van Dijk, Wanyama, Fellaini, Lallana, Pogba, Shane Long, Gary Cahill, Sterling. I'd have all those guys in our team/squad

Cech
Bellerin Van Dijk Koscielny Monreal
Wanyama Pogba
Özil
Sterling Long Alexis

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Anyone who rags on JT is a f*cking ***** through and through. I'd seriously argue the guy is the perfect defender, he defends.

Can't stand all this hipster, wanky bollocks of people who hype up the likes of Pique and Hummels because they're great passers. If they can't defend what's the point?

You understand well my friend.

Many even tried to discredit JT's performance by highlighting he was solid due to Carvalho, Gallas, Cahill and Alex were all willing to do the dirty work for him. While it does hold some legitimate weight, but JT in his prime was literally Chelsea's gatekeeper. People raved about Mert's ability to read the game but honestly, JT used to be on a whole other level for quite some time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You understand well my friend.

Many even tried to discredit JT's performance by highlighting he was solid due to Carvalho, Gallas, Cahill and Alex were all willing to do the dirty work for him. While it does hold some legitimate weight, but JT in his prime was literally Chelsea's gatekeeper. People raved about Mert's ability to read the game but honestly, JT used to be on a whole other level for quite some time.

Possibly the best defender of my lifetime, I know that's possibly blasphemy with Sol. Also the likes of Cannavaro and Nesta run him close but he was so good.

Have him above Rio as well, the fact JT is still playing while Ferdinand went off a cliff performance wise once his pace went speaks to his longevity.

say yes

forum master baiter
Anyone who rags on JT is a f*cking ***** through and through. I'd seriously argue the guy is the perfect defender, he defends.

Can't stand all this hipster, wanky bollocks of people who hype up the likes of Pique and Hummels because they're great passers. If they can't defend what's the point?

Irony is that Terry is probably a better passer than all of them. Glad he's pretty much done now - absolutely ridiculous defender.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gareth Barry, James Milner, David Luiz, Fellaini, John Stones, Moussa Dembele (Sp**s), Sterling, Willian, Marc Albrighton, Pepe (amazingly some don't rate him).

There's probably loads more but I just can't think of them.

Top Bottom