• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players who you rate, but most others (mainly on AM) don't

amirkat

Established Member
How can you say John Terry is the best defender you've seen when Rio Ferdinand played in the same era???

Ferdinand didn't have to do any of that last ditch tackles you probably like @RexBanner because his reading of the game and interceptions were immaculate.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I think Joe Allan is a good player that has been shat on a lot. I think he could hold his own and do a good job for a team much better than Stoke imo.

Meh,he had his chance in Liverpool for about 4 years.I don't think he is bad,but not for some top quality team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Meh,he had his chance in Liverpool for about 4 years.I don't think he is bad,but not for some top quality team.
All good players need decent players around them in order to be seen at their best though, no? Or is that only the case at Arsenal? :p

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Agreed, the Welsh Elneny.
I'll resist the temptation to sully my thread with an Elneny debate. But as it's my thread, I'll say this: He'd do a better job here than Elnada would imo. As you've probably gathered, this is not up for debate. :cool:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
All good players need decent players around them in order to be seen at their best though, no? Or is that only the case at Arsenal? :p

Hard to tell :lol:,I believe that even top teams in Europe have a few average players but they have good cover because of top players and other stuff.Someone said that Pique isn't that good CB,which is true,but he is good in this Barca system and they are quite offensive side.How good he would be in some other side ? Don't know.Allen was good in Swansea and now Stoke.But in Liverpool he didn't produce enough.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When AVB first joined Chelsea and they played a high line Terry honestly looked Squillaci level. He's very good in a system that really protects the back 4 but put him in a Barca or Real side that were attacking is the be all and end all and he'd struggle. Same with someone like Godin, believe he'd be badly exposed in Barca or Real too. It's why I have huge respect for defenders like Ramos, Pique and Pepe.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Remember around 2012 when I was the only one on here rating Neymar. Arsenal Mania were calling him the new Denilson and Robinho ffs.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Pique is a top CB, Barcelona miss him when he's out, look at that first goal yesterday.

He would look more better at Chelsea than Terry would at Barcelona.

How can you know that ? Bayern has top defenders and in some matches their defence is quite joke and so bad organized.System is much more important than individual quality of the some defenders.We talk about that on Arsenal mania over and over again.

zanwalk

Sp**s Fan
A lot of us make the mistake of not appreciating the fact that players fit into some teams much better than they would fit into others, perhaps the manager concerned is able to get much more out of a player than other managers. So that has to be taken into account when rating players.

Lukaku for instance is an enigma of a player, I watched him today, at times he looked clumsy and picked the wrong option, but then he pops up and scores two goals. Top scorer in the PL atm, so you can't argue with that, but put him in another team and it may well not work.

Top Bottom