Players who you rate, but most others (mainly on AM) don't

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Jury, Apr 8, 2017.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Imagine having Robben and Sanchez. They are to predictable. :mad::mad::mad:

#AMlogic

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

I'm really not a fan of all this revisionism and saying "I said x would be a good player, was mocked but needless to say I had the last laugh."

I for example said Schneiderlin would be a poor signing when he was at Southampton but I also said Gabriel would be quality for us as well.

If you practice 10 free kicks and only score one, which one will you be talking about?

Majora and Godwin1 like this.
  3. say yes

say yes To VAR

Joel Campbell

Jury likes this.
  4. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

"He's very predictable".

"He always cuts in from the right to shoot".

"He only has one leg".

"You can stop Robben if you block his left leg".

Theoretically all those are true but 80% of the time he sh*ts on all of them :lol:

Gooner Zig, Tir Na Nog and 4R5Emaniac like this.
  5. Aevi

Aevi Hands down best mod -Trilly (probably) Moderator

@Jury get off his account please.

6. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

Interesting thread. This is not exactly qualified and from another forum but if I said it here at the time I did, I'd have gotten ridiculed at an even greater number than that.

Aritz Aduriz- I saw him play for Valencia this one game when he came on as a sub and decided he could be a really useful player as a rotation striker for us at Arsenal within few moments of his play. He was like around 27/29yrs old, not prolific and few knew him. When I mentioned this in a forum everyone got at me however they could. I just said that I'd stick to my evaluation despite not knowing how to explain it at the time. Few months later he rejoins Athletic Bilbao and the rest is history. Late in his career but goals galore and for a few seasons to boot.

There are others obviously and I'll probably share them later but that was special and the most satisfying for many a reason.

BobP likes this.
  7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

He'd be my number choice in a players most others (mainly on AM) rate, but you don't thread.

Trilly and Carlo Marx like this.
  8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Joel wasn't even potty trained before I predicted he'd be world class. It wasn't the hardest call in the world, but you can only be right...

@GDeep™ I said this about Neymar in Nov 2011

As you say, many were calling him Robinho 2.0 at the time. Tbf, unless you were watching Santos games, it would have been easy to pigeon hole him as another Brazilian hype machine.

Anyway, pissing contest ends here!

4R5Emaniac and GDeep™ like this.
  9. 4R5Emaniac

I rate Joel three. But three can't compete with you having total control of the internet.

American_Gooner likes this.
  10. Jury

The elite minority rated Joel here tbf. :p

4R5Emaniac likes this.
  11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

As MaraDon would say, you only like him because of his hair and all his facebook likes.

12. Jury

He doesn't even cream his hands tbf. Just as well he's a genius on the pitch.

American_Gooner likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Biggest United Supporter In India

Gabriel, I like the guy.

Makingtrax likes this.
  14. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Lallana- I have been saying since his Southampton days what a quality all round player he is but the majority of this forum have considered him a joke untill this season.

Ben Gibson - Impressed everytime I've seen Boro this season. Gibson should be a starting England CB along with Keane in my opinion.

Harry Maguire - similar to Gibson, everytime I've seen Hull this season he has been their standout player.

Joel Ward - For several seasons I've said I would welcome his signing. Very solid defensive fullback.

In the past:

PEA - Seems funny now but two seasons ago me along with one other poster on this forum (sorry I've forgotten who it was) were the only ones in favour of signing PEA on the rumour thread to which the majority of posters stated he is no better than Giroud.

Barry - consistent player whose reputation unfairy never recovered after a young Özil took him apart.

Denilson - unfairly scapped goated and no where near as bad as many posters made out to be and was technically astute player.

Vivas - again not as bad as many people made out, solid back up full back.

GDeep™ and 4R5Emaniac like this.
  15. 4R5Emaniac

I've always rated Lallana. Quality player. He'd walk into our team, easy. Interesting list.

16. SiMamu

SiMamu Part time Leeds fan

When I wishlisted Chidi Odiah in 2010 and I was mocked.

Now who's laughing?

BobP likes this.
  17. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

That last paragraph. :lol:

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Might have been me actually, I remember wanting to give him a chance after his St Etienne season where he top scored from the right wing. Funnily enough I wanted him as a Walcott replacement.

19. Giroud

Giroud Well-Known Member

Pogba. Quality player but most don't appreciate his talent because of the price United signed him for.

Dani Alves. The amount of stick this guy would get for his defending was ridiculous. All defenders in an attacking pressing system get exposed when a team beats the press because there is simply a ton of space to cover but he did a fantastic job covering and also was key in attack for both Sevilla and Barcelona. Both himself and David Villa (also underrated) were key providing that width and attacking threat on the wide right to allow Messi, Iniesta and Xavi to flourish. Still going strong at 33 for Juventus.

20. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Great call.

4R5Emaniac likes this.