Players who you rate, but most others (mainly on AM) don't

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Jury, Apr 8, 2017.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Not sure what happened to Morata. Been prolific at lower levels for Real Madrid and Spain, it hasn't translated to the first team though. It's odd because when he first broke through at Real he seemed a poacher, quality finisher who seemed like a bit of a donkey outside the box. The anti-Welbeck in some ways.

2. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I haven't followed him enough so it's hard to comment. But I remember Drogba not being a prolific goal scorer especially considering he lead the line for a dominant Chelsea. But he scored important goals for them.

3. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

Avatar the movie you mean? Those aliens had that as some divine entity sort of thing that they respected. Of course the main protagonists proceed to have sex right in front of it to honor it. My memory is hazy but I remember that incident.

Jury likes this.
  4. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't know, I got them in the yard tho. Magnificent to see in its full glory, too bad they flower too fast.

5. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Think Drogba impacted games a lot more with his physicality though, nightmare for a CB.

On a tangent Drogba and Giroud I reckon are very similar players, scoring rate is almost identical. Personally I believe if Giroud had the tactical set up and supporting cast Drogba did he'd be seen as a lot better than he is.

bingobob and 4R5Emaniac like this.
  6. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Zaha is joining Sp**s next season. You heard it here first.

8. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../Maguire-Keane-Gibson-future-England-CBs.html

Good to see Maguire and Gibson finally getting some well deserved recognition in the media.

9. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

If you ignore every gossip column going then sure :lol:

10. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Sp**s can't really improve their team. They can't pay £50m for somebody to replace one of their lab projects. Guess they'll just try and buy better backups than the ****e they signed last summer.

11. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Sergi Roberto. Not sure that people don't rate him, but this season I think he's been great. Like others, he'd look miles better outside Barcelona. He'd instantly be one of our better players.

SiMamu likes this.
  12. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Tottenham confident Wilfried Zaha transfer from Crystal Palace will finally happen this summer
    • BY: JOHN CROSS
    • 22:30, 5 MAR 2017
    Crossy putting @GDeep™ to shame here :lol:

13. Mitch

Considering Cross said every couple of weeks for 2 years that Wanyama was joining us, does this mean Zaha is actually signing for us?:lol:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    ItWasMeBarry, krackpot and Rex Banner like this.
  14. Mitch

I agree, I can't see why Barcelona would be interested in Bellerin with Roberto there.

15. Kobi

Kobi I Know Who You Are

That's a pretty low bar you've set him there, with this current mob you could take Barcelona U18's weakest link and he'd probably instantly be one of our better players.

16. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Maguire's very good, didn't know much about him until the start of this season, one of Hull's few bright spots (before the magician Silva took charge anyways).

England seemingly have quite a few underrated centre backs which makes the obsession with Cahill and Stones always having to start a bit weird. Maguire, Gibson and Keane all very promising while Chambers has been developing nicely at Boro.

Mitch likes this.
  17. Venice

Venice Member

18. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Tonights game reminded me that I used to rate (and still do to a degree) Villa reject, Rudy Gestede. Every time I see him he looks a handful. His goalscoring record, apart from his stint at Blackburn, is ****ing lamentable though. :lol:

19. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Surely @Furious will jump right into that quote.

20. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

This is a thread for the brave. Thus, we wont be seeing his ilk in here. ;)

albakos likes this.