• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Playstation 3 Or XBox 360?

Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

• XBox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3

• Stay with your old XBox

• Total voters

D2D

well, i'm thinking of buying one of the new consoles (right now, i got a xbox), and i don't realy know which one to buy.

xbox 360 advantages:
-Xbox way better than PS 2.
-Playstation release all the games out there, even if they got no content.
-I love games like: top spin, DoA 3, Halo, etc, which are XBox exclusive.
-Microsoft are much more reliable company.
-Xbox live is very fast and friendly.
-And the most important thing is, that it have an hard disk. so games run much faster (no loading time), and you can run your music, movies, and all sort of media there.

PS3 advanteges:

-Playstation 3 proccesing power is much better than xbox's.
-Better graphics than the xbox.
-Much more games.
-I love Tekken, PS exclusive.
-Never had a Playstation.

What should i buy?

Army of Me

Established Member
try them both and buy whichever one you prefer.

questions like these always get 50/50 responses.

personally, i'm waiting for a ps3 because i've owned a ps2 and xbox and i prefer the ps2. i've also played my mates xbox360 and i'm not overly impressed with it.

generally ps games are better imho, already japanese companies are ditching the xbox360 because it bombed so badly in japan. i'm not saying japanese games are the best, but what i will say is metal gear solid, final fantasy, tekken and pro evo. case closed as far i'm concerned.

Viper

Established Member
PS3 will better.

It features far more exclusive games, and better graphics and faster processor.

It's also got a better control pad (looks ugly, but it's supposed to be very comfortable) - I'm basing my judgement on the controller layout.

What exclusive games does the Xbox 360 have? Halo, Project Gotham Racing are really the two 'big guns' of Microsoft.

What exclusive games does the PS3 have? Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Unreal Tournament 2007 (will be a launch title), Devil May Cry, God of War etc.

So it really depends on the types of games you are looking for... I own a PS2 and I do think they have better games than the Xbox.

Check out this link for more info on the PS3 and the types of games:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html

Xbox 360 has some decent games and is a good console, but it has some problems. If you move the console while its on, you can damage the laser and damage the disks inside - now that is fecking stupid.

mrsvanpersie

I'm happy with my PSP, but I might consider getting a PS3, simply because I've had better gaming experiences' on PS 1 and 2, than on the Xbox...

Spike

Established Member
I'm probably going to end up with both....

If you can wait half a year, then get the PS3, if not, the Xbox 360.

nazo

Established Member
Viper said:
PS3 will better.

It features far more exclusive games, and better graphics and faster processor.

It's also got a better control pad (looks ugly, but it's supposed to be very comfortable) - I'm basing my judgement on the controller layout.

What exclusive games does the Xbox 360 have? Halo, Project Gotham Racing are really the two 'big guns' of Microsoft.

What exclusive games does the PS3 have? Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Unreal Tournament 2007 (will be a launch title), Devil May Cry, God of War etc.

So it really depends on the types of games you are looking for... I own a PS2 and I do think they have better games than the Xbox.

Check out this link for more info on the PS3 and the types of games:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html

Xbox 360 has some decent games and is a good console, but it has some problems. If you move the console while its on, you can damage the laser and damage the disks inside - now that is fecking stupid.

Yup i'm with Viper.
Xbox doesn't have a very good game library imo.
PS3 is going to be the bomb. I like games like Final Fantasy, God of War (this is a freaking AMAZING game), Metal Gear Solid...etc The gaming library for it looks quite entertaining.

Btw who would like to have a Nintendo Revolution :lol:

cescypoos

Final Fantasy is being released on the 360 and its going live!
You re better off trawling through sites like gamespot, ign, etc and researching for yourself what games are in development and make a choice from that.
Alot of people are very misguided on this whole issue.

johnk9uk

the 360 is still waiting for a defining game like the original xbox had Halo. Ghost Recon and Fight Night are pretty bloody good though.

nazo

Established Member
cescypoos said:
Final Fantasy is being released on the 360 and its going live!
You re better off trawling through sites like gamespot, ign, etc and researching for yourself what games are in development and make a choice from that.
Alot of people are very misguided on this whole issue.

Wow, 1 out of god knows how much games made for it. I don't even consider that final fantasy from the whole FF series. All the other FF's actually have a good story line, battles are turn based or whatever you call them and all that. FF11 is a MMORPG which i never liked and wasn't worth the wait. Opinions opinions opinions.

D2D

WADR to FF series, i think that halo is so good, probably the FFs in the world, and halo 3 will be imho f*cking amazing.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
johnk9uk said:
the 360 is still waiting for a defining game like the original xbox had Halo. Ghost Recon and Fight Night are pretty bloody good though.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion will be that defining game for sure. I still would buy ps3 because the new GTA is gonna be released to ps3 first. And I mainly play sports games so they are all availble for the ps3 and it will probably be more backwards compatible then the xbox360. Just love some of my old games

Artillero

Kicking american ass on Halo is great fun. I would always get the xbox consoles unless PS get a better shooting game than Halo.

nazo

Established Member
Killzone 2 looks amazing but if the game is like Killzone 1 then forget it. That game was a boring piece of crap.

Oh and to mention a good shooting game you can play online for PS2, Metal Gear Solid 3 (the newer one) has online mode and people like it alot.

Halo is good but i really didn't get into it.

Btw yeahbee Oblivion is for PC and Xbox right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom