• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Playstation 3 Or XBox 360?

Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

• XBox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3

• Stay with your old XBox

• Total voters

gotnothin

Got my 360 last week and love it!! I think the killer for PS3 is that 360 has gotta huuuge jump on them and by the time the PS3 is released, the game development for 360 will be insane and they'll be getting full use of the hardware. Either way, i love the way gaming is heading!!!! :shock:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
have now played 60 hours of oblivion and isn't tired yet, haven't started with the main quest yet either

Viper

Established Member
Tegh said:
I'll wait until the PS2 is out before buying either, just incase the PS3 experiences component issues like the 360 did on launch. The new PS3 controller looks crap, like a boomerang. Shame they were sued over their previous controller design.
Performance > Looks.

boomerangdebunked.gif

pha2er said:
you can adjust the graphical settings to suit your computer - the game won't look like the lush screenshots that made you buy the game in the first place, but it's the gameplay that counts I suppose.

Having said that, playing Half Life 2, or Far Cry, or FEAR on a high-spec PC is as close to gaming heaven as it gets.
Half Life 2 runs suprisingly well on my PC although it his only 1.8ghz with 384mb SDRAM with a 128mb GF4 Ti4800SE graphics card. I can play the game with medium settings and it still looks decent.

Far Cry and FEAR look awful on low settings so I didn't bother buying those games. I can live with poor graphics, but for FEAR to run on my PC I have to disable nearly everything and the graphics just look pure **** which is annoying.

Tegh

Established Member
Viper said:
Tegh said:
I'll wait until the PS2 is out before buying either, just incase the PS3 experiences component issues like the 360 did on launch. The new PS3 controller looks crap, like a boomerang. Shame they were sued over their previous controller design.
Performance > Looks.
No ****? Did I say otherwise? No. Component issues - performance. That doesn't hide the fact the PS3 controller looks awful.

Viper

Established Member
Tegh said:
Viper said:
Tegh said:
Performance > Looks.
No s**t? Did I say otherwise? No. Component issues - performance. That doesn't hide the fact the PS3 controller looks awful.
Uh... what?

Yeah the controller does look pretty ****e but it doesn't bother me too much.

Tegh

Established Member
Played on a 360 today, not all they're cracked up to be.
Ghost Recon is wan|<. The controller and console design is nice though.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Played Oblivion and Ghost Recon on my mates 360. Oblivion looks like the first truly "next-gen" game on the console market, but I'm not the kind that invests 100+ hours into a game, so much of Oblivions depth is wasted on me. Ghost Recon felt like standard fare to me, but according to my mate I didn't get to see any of the "exciting" levels.

Anyway, nothing beats an 8 bit Nintendo + Tecmo World Cup Soccer. Alex the Kid on Sega Master System II was class as well.

shonsuperstar

I'm gonna get a PS3 and a Nintendo Revolution.

PS3 and Xbox 360 are so similar but the PS3 edges it in every way. The main factor being that PS3 has much better games, most (i realize not all) best games on Xbox are also available on PS3.

i will be getting Nintendo Revolution as well as it looks to be the most fun out of all three and there should be some really inovative games on it.

dafish

ya thing is with Xbox i feel i can own the same games on my PC... with the exception of a few games like DOA volleyball... errm... if i want to look at girls in skimpy gear bouncy around i could download it...

Halo is pretty bad for a FPS... but its the only half decent one on console... Project Gotham... errm.. not really into racing either...

PS3 has a lot more variety in games. that earlier comment that SONY don't care and license everything is false. They have way too many game companies lining up to make games for them. Xbox... well check the sales in Japan and you'll see that it's further than the gamecube...

honestly i don't like north american games... too dull with little creativity. that Xbox is off my list unless they start licensing more variety of games...

Canuck

Established Member
Halo is pretty bad for a FPS... but its the only half decent one on console... Project Gotham... errm.. not really into racing either...

PS3 has a lot more variety in games. that earlier comment that SONY don't care and license everything is false. They have way too many game companies lining up to make games for them. Xbox... well check the sales in Japan and you'll see that it's further than the gamecube...

Halo is not a good shooter? Halo I when it came out (Original Xbox launch) blew alot of people away, and Halo II was a marked improvement over that, there's a reason why it's consistently one of their top games on xbox-live.
Not to mention that they've a slew of other good shooters (though maybe not all exclusive to xbox) as well.
I have Halo,HaloII, and PGR2 (which I think is alright for an arcade style racing game, but Forza is a better driving simulator on par with Gran Turismo.)

Halo II I still play, and Project Gotham I still play as well.

Other than God of War, I struggle to come up with exclusive PS games that I really really want to try.

It's all relative to personal opinion.

nazo

Established Member
God of War is great. The only problem with it is the time it takes to beat the game. Another good series on the PS game could be Metal Gear Solid or the Final Fantasy series.

Halo 1&2 are decent but i never really liked them that much. Besides, why would i want to play them on the Xbox if i could get them on PC with better graphics and easier controlling of the game (using a mouse)?

Canuck

Established Member
See, I never liked playing FPS on the computer with keyboard and mouse. I'd much rather have a controller with the two analog thumbsticks.

My favs on the computer have always been the 3rd person hack and slash like Diablo.

The reason that most people sacrifice the graphics quality and speed of computers is so that they can sit on a couch and play on their tv, rather than at a desk with a monitor.

The FF series is a classic but I've never been that into them. I thought I heard that the newest FinalFantasy coming out would be cross platform.

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid on the PSone and it was a great game, but I've switched to xbox since then so I haven't tried any of the newer ones. Are you sure that series is exclusive to PlayStation?

nazo

Established Member
Canuck said:
My favs on the computer have always been the 3rd person hack and slash like Diablo.

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid on the PSone and it was a great game, but I've switched to xbox since then so I haven't tried any of the newer ones. Are you sure that series is exclusive to PlayStation?

Diablo is an old amazing and one of a kind game. It was just too good.

And yes Metal Gear Solid is for ps only unless you want to play the cheap gameboy advance version ;)

Blackjag

ps3 all the way and the processor and graphics are much better than the 360 because of blu ray discs the things that are used for HD TV OR HD DVD
and you might as well add the revolution into the mix

Nickáó

Blackjag said:
ps3 all the way and the processor and graphics are much better than the 360 because of blu ray discs the things that are used for HD TV OR HD DVD
and you might as well add the revolution into the mix
Xbox 360 will soon be using HD dvd's which are near enough as good as Blu Ray discs.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
bluenaz said:
Canuck said:

Diablo is an old amazing and one of a kind game. It was just too good.

And yes Metal Gear Solid is for ps only unless you want to play the cheap gameboy advance version ;)

they have released it for PC aswell nr 1&2 that is not the third.

Latest posts

Top Bottom